No Man's Sky

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:09:24 PM
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:

Does that game Dev EVER look anybody square in the eyes? I get a strong "prevarication" vibe from him whenever he's asked a direct question.

Anyway, Captain Kirk wouldn't like this game. No hot alien babes (green, or any other color). =~[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Disrupted wrote:

Hate that I fell for it, 60$ lesson learned. ><
Seems like a solid lesson that the gameworld alone is truly inconsequential to the making of a fun game. Theme and world building are merely a necessary piece for complex gameplay ( the real heart of games).
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
SkyCore wrote:
Seems like a solid lesson that the gameworld alone is truly inconsequential to the making of a fun game. Theme and world building are merely a necessary piece for complex gameplay ( the real heart of games).
This. It's not about what you see and hear, that's making TV not games. Games are about what you do.

If I was a game journalist, I'd interview a dev and ask "what do players in your game do?" If the answer is overly vague, or full of passive verbs - seeing, exploring, etc - then that's an immediate trouble sign.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
SkyCore wrote:

If it makes you feel better, I went as far as having the payment page open.

Then, I had a sudden change of heart and looked into more reviews. Looks like Civ VI will be my next big purchase.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Aug 26, 2016, 5:48:07 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:26:34 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
"
SkyCore wrote:

If it makes you feel better, I went as far as having the payment page open.

Then, I had a sudden change of heart and looked into more reviews. Looks like Civ VI will be my next big purchase.

Civ franchise is the perfect example of a game you don't buy on release. All of the content I have for Civ 5 right now would have probably cost me $200 if I had bought it all piecemeal as it came out.

Oh, totally. But you know what stupid Antnee does every time a Civ is released?
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info