Concerns related to the Russian merge

"
Cactus_CZ wrote:
Alt art demigods incoming? Please tell us straight away if they were getting those on their server aswell ...

Like anyone would really pay more for flavour text ._.

EDIT: So apparently:
- at least 20 Alt Art Demi Triumphs (and other alt demis)
- over 200 Alt Art Reaper's Pursuits.
- 40 Taryn's Shivers
- over 200 Alt Art Searing Touch
- Quite a bit of demi rings/beacons/triumphs/chests

For those who wonder. Not very cool GGG.

How does this information impact you? How is this relevant for you or the community? If someone has an alternate art demigod or whatever, how is this directly related to you?

Do you understand the numbers displayed on your screen? This is exactly like a russian player joining the main realm and seeing players with alt art demis earned here.

PLease, think before you speak, you make yourself look bad.
I don't understand this "Russians are coming, run for the hills" mass hysteria.

It's xenophobic at least. Plain retarded at most.

They aren't any different than the rest of the population on servers, the very same idiots. As it's a global issue. Unrelated to gender, race, ethnic and language group.

As long as GGG takes the actions written in OP can't see what the fuss is about.
Can see only positives - fresh meat, more trades, more demand for items.
Got no problem with russians flooding the wasteland vanilla HC currently is. Would be happy about it.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
acillatem wrote:
What about the real concerns?

You say players that log in with the russian gateway will be put into a russian speaking chat by default. But what will guarante that there will stay there? Are chat rules that punish abuse of russian language and cyrilic letters in non-russian chats?

What about player names? Are you able to create names with cyrilic letters? This can cause really big communication problems, also there would be the posibillity to impersonate other players by using cyrilics letter.

I don't care about Alt Arts and MTX. I think it is fair that people that achieve or purchased those in the past can keep them. It is a little bit sad for people that purchased them on the Stnadard realm, but it is the same with legacy uniques.

You guys are so xenophobic, biggoted and heartless, you don't even recognise it!
You are aware that right now, as of this minute, you have a chat with people in it that usually speak around 100 different languages????? And what do these people do if they want to interact with you? Right! They speak fucking english!

He probably said that because in lot of online game when everyone speak english even in team play base game like moba, when their is one guy in the team who dont speak english its always a russian, even if no one understand he keep speak russian lol.
Looking forward to the merge.
All this crying about alt-art items and items Russian players have justly earned is plain stupid. I dont even see any need for 'labelling' Russian alt-art items, it's a waste of time/money and I feel it is demeaning and xenophobic. GGG please stop catering for these old-time, self-important, moaning pussies we have in our midst. Time to look forward, out with the old dirty laundry, it stinks so bad it poisons our game and forums.
OMG.
Breaking news.
CIS Garena server are merging to us.
All CIS players have theyr Alt-Arts demigods automatic listed on poe.trade.
No CIS peoples incoming. Only items on poe.trade
Items for Standart, we all care about.

This will piss of supporters.
Everyone should stop supporting GGG nad dele theyr accounts!!!

EDIT: I also hear, that Chris planning to make our Alt-Arts non-tradable, to not pissoff russian gamers. They are merging to our standart cloac, after all. With their Alt-Arts, that worth all the currency on their servers. Which is not worth too much on our servers.

Also, CIS players don't like PoE at all. They all are from Dota2 and LoL russian community.
They hate PoE and voting for Trump.
Interesting mechanics enthusiast.
Last edited by farmazongold on Aug 3, 2016, 4:36:16 AM
"
MrSpaviel wrote:

How does this information impact you? How is this relevant for you or the community? If someone has an alternate art demigod or whatever, how is this directly related to you?

Do you understand the numbers displayed on your screen? This is exactly like a russian player joining the main realm and seeing players with alt art demis earned here.

PLease, think before you speak, you make yourself look bad.

I indeed think a lot, but thanks for pretending to be clever or something.
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
acillatem wrote:
What about the real concerns?

You say players that log in with the russian gateway will be put into a russian speaking chat by default. But what will guarante that there will stay there? Are chat rules that punish abuse of russian language and cyrilic letters in non-russian chats?

What about player names? Are you able to create names with cyrilic letters? This can cause really big communication problems, also there would be the posibillity to impersonate other players by using cyrilics letter.

I don't care about Alt Arts and MTX. I think it is fair that people that achieve or purchased those in the past can keep them. It is a little bit sad for people that purchased them on the Stnadard realm, but it is the same with legacy uniques.

You guys are so xenophobic, biggoted and heartless, you don't even recognise it!

Please explain to me how wanting to speak English in an English channel in chat is "xenophobic, biggoted, and heartless". I don't speak any other languages so when I want to trade with someone or just talk with another person I would like to actually, you know, communicate with that person.
Just leaving a comment in the shitstorm.

I personally think it is as fair as it can get in such a situation. These are compromises and are not perfect. I understand that some owners of alt arts will be pissed but it is still more fair than making russian versions untradeable or take them away.
There is a famous quote from "The Master and Margarita": "The housing problem has corrupted them (Muscovites)". So the alt.art problem has corrupted people of Wraeclast.
All those people with pitchforks wanting to make Russian items untradable.

So assuming a game was developed by a Russian company and was published by a western publisher, then they merge and decide to make all your special items untradable. That will be fair and you will be happy about it, right? RIGHT?

I didn't think so, now get the F out and take your self entitlement with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info