Concerns related to the Russian merge

"
Celorien wrote:
Really pissed off after paying hundreds of exalts for these alt art reaper's pursuits. Like someone else stated, the real value is in the 3D art look of the item, no one cares if it's labeled Russian. These won't have the "Wow, what axe is that?" effect. As it is now, people message me while standing in town asking that question all the time.

Please just make the ones merging account bound. Like this, but with only the traded mod.

That why u use alt art and skin for get some pm from random ppl seriously and show your char to other ppl ?, maybe you should try an other game or even something other.

I put some skin on my char because its look good for me, not for other ppl.

This thread is a joke some many whine and rage for nothing (one more ppl will have my weapon skin i bought 200 ex BabyRage....) And most of ppl who whine here didnt even won the alt art but bought them.

Last edited by keta on Aug 3, 2016, 2:17:19 AM
"
Perq wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Garemon Pets
Some players are concerned that the Garemon Pets (the red Garena mascot) will be merged into our realm. The players who earnt them from promotional events are allowed to continue to have these pets. Because users are placed in instances with other users from the same geographical region, then it's not likely that you'll see these pets in towns unless you choose a Russian gateway to log in.

No..... :((( Don't do this. Replace it with some very cool, valuable pet, or give these players a choice to pick one of very valuable ones.

This pet looks like total shit, and its immersion breaking... :/

You left RAIN in the game, because immersion, but you're gonna add some ugly shit like this? PLEASE.

Everything else makes sense, and sounds pretty fair, and I have no problem with, but this pet is fucking atrocious... :/

This. While some ingame mtx are goddamn terrible and "ruin immersion" nothing comes even close to this monstrosity. Replace it with some really nice pet you cant get otherwise please
This whole thing is a mistake. GGG should just re-open garena servers as seperate servers again and this whole thing would be sorted
imma da
"
acillatem wrote:
What about the real concerns?

You say players that log in with the russian gateway will be put into a russian speaking chat by default. But what will guarante that there will stay there? Are chat rules that punish abuse of russian language and cyrilic letters in non-russian chats?

What about player names? Are you able to create names with cyrilic letters? This can cause really big communication problems, also there would be the posibillity to impersonate other players by using cyrilics letter.

I don't care about Alt Arts and MTX. I think it is fair that people that achieve or purchased those in the past can keep them. It is a little bit sad for people that purchased them on the Stnadard realm, but it is the same with legacy uniques.

You guys are so xenophobic, biggoted and heartless, you don't even recognise it!
You are aware that right now, as of this minute, you have a chat with people in it that usually speak around 100 different languages????? And what do these people do if they want to interact with you? Right! They speak fucking english!

Why in the world do you think russians would be ANY different if they chose to buy one of your invaluable items in trade, or if they go to the global chat, or cesspool 5055, to ask a question, why should they do it in cyrillic? They WANT TO BE UNDERSTOOD! They want to take part. Like ANYBODY else.
And yes, I am screaming!

The ignorance people display here is physically hurting my brain!
this is the worst decision making i have ever seen from ggg.
the value of alt arts isn't in the name. its in the 3d art, (example: alt art cloak of flame was 100ex before it had 3d art, now it's sitting at 400-500ex)
if this merge happens with that pet and alt arts coming over, i will be quitting. (over dramatic i know, but i dont care)
"
Ennui wrote:
The issue here is why is "getting shafted" as you so eloquently put, a bad thing? Thats life shit happens like this and you have to deal with it. AS my boy Jean-Luc said "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." People think you always have to win or you always have to get something just because you got "shafted". It happens and you learn to deal with it you dont get a reward because something bad happened.

Please uninstall, thanks.

Ok, I explain why:

You call it being shafted when GGG takes people from another server, taht is being shut down, and puts them on the main realm. They get to keep their items, which COULD mean Your items MIGHT fall in price. I mean, there are around 200 items from each coming in, with around what like 20k players in standard being active, and many more playing leagues...
Maybe, just maybe, many people just learned about certain alt arts and now wnat to buy them and the price actually goes up?? Maybe russians want to keep their stuff and don't sell for exes, so the market wont be flooded?

But the best thing is: You want to make GGG delete the items of the other players, or make them untradable. You want GGG to really shaft some players. Just not YOU please, they are only some lowly russians, shaft them (and deleting items or making them untradable would REALLY be shafting them...)

See my problem with your bigottry?
"
EKIMbro wrote:
this is the worst decision making i have ever seen from ggg.
the value of alt arts isn't in the name. its in the 3d art, (example: alt art cloak of flame was 100ex before it had 3d art, now it's sitting at 400-500ex)
if this merge happens with that pet and alt arts coming over, i will be quitting. (over dramatic i know, but i dont care)

bye!
"
reibuorumai wrote:
"
Ennui wrote:
The issue here is why is "getting shafted" as you so eloquently put, a bad thing? Thats life shit happens like this and you have to deal with it. AS my boy Jean-Luc said "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." People think you always have to win or you always have to get something just because you got "shafted". It happens and you learn to deal with it you dont get a reward because something bad happened.

Why are bad things happening to people a bad thing? Are you honestly asking this question?

Yes, shitty things happen to people in life, that isn't a reason to propagate shittiness. Choosing to screw over the entire Russian playerbase over the whims of a few short-sighted and incredibly shellfish individuals is a dick-move. But apparently empathy is too advanced of a concept, so let's bring up something more pragmatic. The Russian players are a part of the overall PoE playerbase, no matter how much you or anyone else dog whistles that they're "those other people". GGG doesn't get a free pass to just screw them over just because they're Russian and didn't have the foresight to know that garena russia would just close out of the blue. GGG is a company that lives off of it's community, and as such they have to take care of their community to continue operations and living their dream of continuing PoE. GGG doesn't just screw people over for the fun of it, they're not assholes nor do they want to see their company collapse. GGG doesn't break promises on a whim, it doesn't set a precedent that GGG is suddenly going to break literally every promise they have ever made to everyone and start selling 6L one-handers for $100 because these are extraneous circumstances that call for choices that they wouldn't otherwise make.

Thanks for this. I couldn't put it better (I tried).
Wont see a cent from me from now on. And im sure if CiS comminity was so small you will lose more cash from regular players :*
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Can't see why anyone would have a problem with someone else's bits and bytes in a game... are we so low people?!

It's beyond reason or being sane to even think that the crazy Russians don't deserve their pets or items - no words for those who have such dysfunctional brains.

Good job by GGG being human - gratz (;

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info