Concerns related to the Russian merge

This is good.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Dissolator wrote:
Wow, so many shellfish whiners, who don't fully understand whole situation in all it's aspects but blaming GGG's weighted decisions...

Now i'm actually more considiring to buy upcoming supporter pack! :)
The difference between earning 1000 points and 600 points is significant, especially when you actually have competition unlike on the Garena servers.

Its a horrible decision, its not selfish at all. Players are being fucked all the way around, the only ones calling it selfish are the ones who dont have anything.

This is no different from how badly they fucked over all legacy crit multiplier items.

I call it selfish (actually it's also joke with Malachai's "you're shellfish") and i have some very rare alt.arts here.

Diferrence between 1000 and 600 is significant if they're weighted equally, but it's actually impossible due other reasons i wrote here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1708021/page/5/#p13539223
FilterBlast - a web-hub with up-to-date item filters and extra features
https://filterblast.xyz
the level of borderline racism in this post, wow.
it appears GGG being the main solicitor of their own game have taken the best actions to allow players of their own game to continue playing after unfortunate events, and greedy people are the only people complaining, (except for 1 dude who raised a question, a legitimate question about chat and possible character creation) path of exile alt.arts are worth near nothing right around that specific season, and people rush to buy them or to attain them, 99% of people purely to sell them later. and thats a gamble however the issue is, not that people lost a gamble on the economy, not that its the russian peoples fault or problem, its the current player bases issue. Path of Exile is a game completely driven around a player built economy, this item sells for what i say it sells for because it has X stat, how often were people selling these GG items for hundreds of exalts, im guessing they didnt constantly sell every day. its no different the item is not worth less there are just more of them, and the only way they will drop in price is if people decide they are worth less and start selling them for less thats on you guys, not GG, not Russia. they ARE legacy items they will go up in price eventually as they get older.

TL:DR: nothing is wrong with the game or the choices, the community is what ruins 70% of games
Last edited by HinoDeSunriZe on Aug 2, 2016, 11:19:16 PM
It's hard to see with all this salt around but I'd like to say:

Welcome to the global realm Garena Russia Path of Exile players!

More players? Great. Items flooding Standard? Who cares, dumpster league since the end of Nemesis/Domination. Alt art? 1% wealthy players crying about losing wealth in perma-leagues - again who cares. Russian in Chat? Ignore! Garemon Pets? Well, it'll be immersion breaking if I ever come across one and really it'll just be an opportunity to laugh at GGG at their expense as with Razor footprints.

If roles were reversed and the global realm was being merged in Garena I'm sure they'd be much more hospitable, sadly.

IGN: deefa • Guild: <ACE> Alpha Crucis Exiles - poeurl.com/wpA • Discord: deefa#3298
Last edited by deefa on Aug 2, 2016, 11:47:00 PM
"
Ennui wrote:
The issue here is why is "getting shafted" as you so eloquently put, a bad thing? Thats life shit happens like this and you have to deal with it. AS my boy Jean-Luc said "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." People think you always have to win or you always have to get something just because you got "shafted". It happens and you learn to deal with it you dont get a reward because something bad happened.

Why are bad things happening to people a bad thing? Are you honestly asking this question?

Yes, shitty things happen to people in life, that isn't a reason to propagate shittiness. Choosing to screw over the entire Russian playerbase over the whims of a few short-sighted and incredibly shellfish individuals is a dick-move. But apparently empathy is too advanced of a concept, so let's bring up something more pragmatic. The Russian players are a part of the overall PoE playerbase, no matter how much you or anyone else dog whistles that they're "those other people". GGG doesn't get a free pass to just screw them over just because they're Russian and didn't have the foresight to know that garena russia would just close out of the blue. GGG is a company that lives off of it's community, and as such they have to take care of their community to continue operations and living their dream of continuing PoE. GGG doesn't just screw people over for the fun of it, they're not assholes nor do they want to see their company collapse. GGG doesn't break promises on a whim, it doesn't set a precedent that GGG is suddenly going to break literally every promise they have ever made to everyone and start selling 6L one-handers for $100 because these are extraneous circumstances that call for choices that they wouldn't otherwise make.
dey terk er mteerrrx!!!

seriously though: if you are more worried about some ugly cosmetics you'll never see/a negligible change in item values over an entire other country not being able to enjoy poe you should feel bad.
couldnt care less
In my opinion, this was pretty much the best way to have handled this. About people complaining about alt art value, shav went from 100 to 10ex. Also, what the hell would have them do? By that I mean a decision that's most fair, to not only the main server, but the russian players as well.

And if you're complaining about the fact that alt arts are mainly for showing off in town, and so the Russian ones should be account bound, well, that extremely selfish and shallow.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Aug 3, 2016, 1:11:28 AM
"
Chris wrote:

Garemon Pets
Some players are concerned that the Garemon Pets (the red Garena mascot) will be merged into our realm. The players who earnt them from promotional events are allowed to continue to have these pets. Because users are placed in instances with other users from the same geographical region, then it's not likely that you'll see these pets in towns unless you choose a Russian gateway to log in.

No..... :((( Don't do this. Replace it with some very cool, valuable pet, or give these players a choice to pick one of very valuable ones.

This pet looks like total shit, and its immersion breaking... :/

You left RAIN in the game, because immersion, but you're gonna add some ugly shit like this? PLEASE.

Everything else makes sense, and sounds pretty fair, and I have no problem with, but this pet is fucking atrocious... :/
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Pion33r wrote:
Stop acting like bullies people.

Their servers got closed they are being moved they didn't ask for this. Its like a kid's parents move cities & the kid is sent to new school just to find out all other kids want his lunch to be taken away.

1. its a game & if they sell or skin transfer how does it makes yours less valuable or shiny? its not like every one of them have alt arts, if more demi's/alt arts comes so will be more players to buy them.

2. They earned them fairly as GGG already stated. No one deserves to take it away, they worked for it, They woke up in middle of night just like us to run the races. Sure some had less requirements, still it was earned fairly & not their fault. Garena server staff ran those race rewards.

3. Legacies already made standard as intolerable as it could be, you don't like these inflated/crazy economies, Play the damn challenge/temp leagues.

4. MTX pets will stay on their realm & even then most likely they will buy new pets & use them. Just like us, they r probably bored from old pets.

5. I say it again, they didn't choose to migrate. How would you feel if tables were turned & we had move to other servers & they were like nope.

Think about it rationally rather than mindlessly keep saying OMG don't do this.

+1
grow up, people
May your maps be bountiful, exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info