LAB - Give us hope or give us closure GGG

And here I thought I was being diplomatic by asking for clarification on his status instead of assuming he was just making accounts to troll or deceive people.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
And here I thought I was being diplomatic by asking for clarification on his status instead of assuming he was just making accounts to troll or deceive people.

Lol, don't get me wrong, I didn't say what you were doing was a bad thing.

But even I facepalm'ed at your original question.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
MisterER wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
If I were GGG I'd respond in this thread, sticky it and lock every existing and new lab thread.

They won't , because they won't remove the lab, and they know this kind of announcement would kill their game, they lost already a large amount of players, they can't afford more. Or acknowledge you can live with only a thousand milkers and ignore the rest like the way they are going since a while, which is even worst.

They can leave the lab in. It doesnt have to be removed. We lab haters know the lab lovers like it for the lootsplosion at end. That is fine. Just remove ascendancy from it like Regulator had the idea for. Everybody wins.
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
When I started playing this like almost 2 years ago the most outstanding feature I look for was how much the Dev team communicated with the gaming community. The devs where outstanding in this area which hooked me even more in playing the game. They where on their OWN FORUMS. Now, You are lucky to see anything from them other then a fun post or a be nice post. Reddit and talking to streamers is all good but along the way the Dev team just left from their own forums. Silence is not golden and Who or whatever is giving your advice should not be listened too. Since the beginning of this year the interaction has went down hill fast.

GGG, Please go back in what I loved about you and be a little bit more communicative. This issue with the Lab and other issues like xp nerf really do need to be addressed sooner then later.

Thank-you for reading.

"
Prebornfetus wrote:
"
MisterER wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
If I were GGG I'd respond in this thread, sticky it and lock every existing and new lab thread.

They won't , because they won't remove the lab, and they know this kind of announcement would kill their game, they lost already a large amount of players, they can't afford more. Or acknowledge you can live with only a thousand milkers and ignore the rest like the way they are going since a while, which is even worst.

They can leave the lab in. It doesnt have to be removed. We lab haters know the lab lovers like it for the lootsplosion at end. That is fine. Just remove ascendancy from it like Regulator had the idea for. Everybody wins.

This is effectively what everybody is asking. Not to remove 100% from the game. You don't see PvP haters complaining to have PvP completely removed from the game. They actually don't complain AT ALL, even though there are a lot of people that hate PvP and it exists in game. It's a really easy and simple solution really.
for me, the only valid argument against binding ascendancy points to the labyrinth is that it excludes people with bad connections from easily finishing it.

any other arguments like: "i've got bad positioning skills" or "i don't like to take risks to get rewarded, hand it to me freely after i just pump time into the game" or "i don't tell you the real reason so i pretend i just don't like it" have a bad chance at changing anything.

because arpgs about positioning skills, player's adaptation to ingame challenges and taking risks to get rewarded. sorry if you played other games which spoiled you by handing the goodies over on a silver plate.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 1, 2016, 6:22:04 AM
"
vio wrote:
for me, the only valid argument against binding ascendancy points to the labyrinth is that it excludes people with bad connections from easily finishing it.

any other arguments like: "i've got bad positioning skills" or "i don't like to take risks to get rewarded, hand it to me freely after i just pump time into the game" or "i don't tell you the real reason so i pretend i just don't like it" have a bad chance at changing anything.

because arpgs about positioning skills, player's adaptation to ingame challenges and taking risks to get rewarded. sorry if you played other games which spoiled you by handing the goodies over on a silver plate.

You just proved you don't understand the issue at all. Welcome to the dumb side.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
gathor wrote:
"
vio wrote:

You just proved you don't understand the issue at all. Welcome to the dumb side.

I know this might come out as antagonizing (though its just an observation of the (many times not so) obvious), pointing out that someone is dumb when it is the actual case is pointless since he wont understand it or the why behind it. If its not the case then it just comes out as insulting.

Its not dumb not to understand the problem though, even if its quite amazing that even after so many paragraphs of explanations they still dont get it. In this case it is rather a combination of self-imposed denial, stubbornness, apathy and genuine inability to view something from another perspective, the reasons for this happening are only going to heat things up so its better left unsaid.

So in short, they are not dumb they simply cant and dont want to undertand.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last edited by Regulator on Aug 1, 2016, 8:15:15 AM
Since the lore has attached ascendancy to the trials, then they will either have to rewrite the lore, which would be easy to do, but not make a lot of sense, or they can remove the part that the detractors hate from the experience, and give them a way to do the trials without the traps.

They could make an alternative route at the entrence that leads to the three phases of izaro with corradors in between with enough mobs in them to refil flasks. The penalty would be no keys no enchants. This way they don't have to change the lore.

Or they could keep their creative integrity and tell people that this is the direction they decided to go when it comes to ascendancy, and although they will be saddened by those who leave, their vision for the game is more important to them.

either way, the game goes on and those who like it will continue to play it, while those who don't will find something they enjoy more.
"
Xtorma wrote:
Since the lore has attached ascendancy to the trials, then they will either have to rewrite the lore, which would be easy to do, but not make a lot of sense, or they can remove the part that the detractors hate from the experience, and give them a way to do the trials without the traps.

They could make an alternative route at the entrence that leads to the three phases of izaro with corradors in between with enough mobs in them to refil flasks. The penalty would be no keys no enchants. This way they don't have to change the lore.

Or they could keep their creative integrity and tell people that this is the direction they decided to go when it comes to ascendancy, and although they will be saddened by those who leave, their vision for the game is more important to them.

either way, the game goes on and those who like it will continue to play it, while those who don't will find something they enjoy more.

Where is the lore at that explains the ascendency points tied to the lab?

All I can find is that "nineteen souls survived" the dungeon they are calling a labyrinth. It didn't say the dungeon empowered them or enhanced them. They entered in the dungeon with all their skills for all I know, not magically got new skills for stepping through the exit door. It's probably somewhere, I just can't find the magical powers being given to the nineteen as the result of the lab. Where is the lore at?

P.S. Lore can change, it's all fake made up out of thin air anyway. There's even ways to write new lore that then overrides the previous horribly written lore. There are plenty of ways to work with new or existing lore to get the points out of the shitty frogger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info