LAB - Give us hope or give us closure GGG

Well I'm tired of reading all the QQ about lab & ascendancy points, so here's my 2 cents..

People who hate doing lab - don't do it! Most builds can do just fine without them. They didn't exist till a few months back, and not having them is not the end of the world.

And if its just the points you're after then come back later when you're overlevelled and do them, or get a carry.

But I think most of the QQ is because people want to farm the uber lab with full keys all day but also want it to be super easy.

The whole point of the lab & the theme of the ascendancy expansion - risk vs reward, complete hard trials to get the ultimate power, only the deserving shall go through, etc etc is completely pointless if they remove ascendancy points from the lab.

Personally, I can say that the lab on normal/cruel/merciles isn't hard at all. I run them solo on all my chars, be they tanky or squishy or life based or es based. Uber lab needs a bit of an effort for some builds, and rightly so, given how unnecessary the last 2 points are for many builds.

Moral of the story:
Spoiler
Don't complain about OPTIONAL CONTENT on the forums all day.

"
Well I'm tired of reading all the QQ about lab & ascendancy points, so here's my 2 cents..

People who hate doing lab - don't do it! Most builds can do just fine without them. They didn't exist till a few months back, and not having them is not the end of the world.

And if its just the points you're after then come back later when you're overlevelled and do them, or get a carry.

But I think most of the QQ is because people want to farm the uber lab with full keys all day but also want it to be super easy.

The whole point of the lab & the theme of the ascendancy expansion - risk vs reward, complete hard trials to get the ultimate power, only the deserving shall go through, etc etc is completely pointless if they remove ascendancy points from the lab.

Personally, I can say that the lab on normal/cruel/merciles isn't hard at all. I run them solo on all my chars, be they tanky or squishy or life based or es based. Uber lab needs a bit of an effort for some builds, and rightly so, given how unnecessary the last 2 points are for many builds.

Moral of the story:
Spoiler
Don't complain about OPTIONAL CONTENT on the forums all day.

I'm tired about the QQ about the lab & ascendancy points QQ, so here's my 2 cents..

People hate seeing lab threads - don't click them! Most readers can do the forum fine without clicking them. They didn't exist till a few months and not reading them is not the end of the world.

And if it's just the participation you're after than have your little brother do them and report back to you.

But I think most of the QQ about the lab QQ is because people don't want to mis out on reading all posts all day and want it all white knight propaganda.

The whole point of the forum & theme of feedback and suggestion - sharing opinions and feelings to anyone that will listen and it's completely pointless if they remove people's feedback from the forum.

Personally, I can say the forum isn't always cherry at all. I can white knight the posts on all my keyboards be it a PC or a mac. The feedback form needs some gonads to read for some, and rightly so, given how many people have strong opinions on things.

Moral of the story:
Spoiler
Don't complain about OPTIONAL CONTENT which is the opinions on the forums.
"
Siochan wrote:
The whole point of the forum & theme of feedback and suggestion - sharing opinions and feelings to anyone that will listen and it's completely pointless if they remove people's feedback from the forum.
What's the threshold to cross between giving feedback and spamming though? They could remove 100 of your "feedback" posts, and you'd still have more than enough "feedback" posts about the lab to get your feedback point across.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Siochan wrote:
What's the threshold to cross between giving feedback and spamming though? They could remove 100 of your "feedback" posts, and you'd still have more than enough "feedback" posts about the lab to get your feedback point across.

Maybe you should post some feedback about that. Ask that you only be allowed to post 1 topic and 1 comment on other peoples topics because all other is just spam?

Also, most people post because there has been no feedback or interaction about such a popular topic.

Also also, there are many, many different ideas, topics, points, discussions... that regard to 'lab'.
this topic is 'popular' because you and your palls SPAM the forum with it.

popular topic was recent flashback league idea - that was popular.

what you call popular is the same few people spam the same stuff over and over again. it is not only ineffective but it is downright rude and does not earn you any respect/support from others - on the contrary (read the responses in this very thread - even people that dislike lab are downright insulted with you and your methods)
"
sidtherat wrote:
this topic is 'popular' because you and your palls SPAM the forum with it.

popular topic was recent flashback league idea - that was popular.

what you call popular is the same few people spam the same stuff over and over again. it is not only ineffective but it is downright rude and does not earn you any respect/support from others - on the contrary (read the responses in this very thread - even people that dislike lab are downright insulted with you and your methods)

I've seen multiple times same threads come up over and over again on a single theme...

Shitty trade in this game
Crappy PvP in this game
How bad traps/mines sucked before the boost to them
How melee is horrible
on and on...

But I didn't go in everyones posts and tell them to shut up about it because they weren't the first one to post about it.

There's just more people that dislike the lab than any other decision they have made. This isn't a coordinated SPAM as you put it, I don't know anyone else in this game. Just that many people think the lab is that horrible.

Most people just want some feedback on the issue. Simple solution to all of this really.
Last edited by Siochan on Jul 30, 2016, 2:48:50 PM
"

Sorry, but this is the biggest bullshit argument lab-defenders can bring. We are not talking about 8 passive node points, which wouldn't effect an effective build much. We are talking about gamechanging nodes. Thanks to my assassin, 8 power charges provide me +60% base crit chance (which gives me 95% crit). Thanks to my Juggernaut, I always have 10 endurance charges up and have 800 Life regen per second. Thanks to my Gladiator, I not just have 78% attack block, but also 78% spell block, without having any spellblock conversion equipment.

PoE was and is ALL ABOUT min/maxing your character! You want to get most out of your character (at least the most you can without paying more currency then you have). Saying someone should just not do the lab and give up on ascendency points is just... stupid (no offense). People DO like the ascendency classes, they just dont like the lab...
Last edited by AceNightfire on Jul 30, 2016, 2:52:47 PM
Perhaps Sidtherat was referring to me in his post above, if so let me clarify.

I agree that there have been too many threads created about labyrinth. Sidtherat has made ridiculous claims that there are only a few people posting that they dislike labyrinth. I believe that he may also be one of the people that has thought the anti-labyrinth threads themselves were created by just a few people. This has also been proven to be false. The vast majority of the anti-labyrinth threads have been started by a person that has not created any other anti-labyrinth thread.

The request in the OP seems very reasonable to me. I believe that it would be good to know what GGG's plans are for the labyrinth or even to say this is our current thought, if there is no plan. I believe it would be good for the community to have such a response from GGG. I support the OP in imploring GGG to spend a few minutes of their valuable time in responding.

To people enraged because of these labyrinth threads, if these threads bother you so much then I suggest that you simply no longer open them.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

To people enraged because of these labyrinth threads, if these threads bother you so much then I suggest that you simply no longer open them.

+1

These threads are OPTIONAL! ;D
Sexcalibure, Regulator, and all the frequent posters about the Labyrinth doomed any possibility of reform a lot of time ago. You don't become annoying without any consequences. GGG knows better than saying yes to such mistreatment.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info