Labyrinth for rework! Make POE great again!

"
morbo wrote:
I love these propaganda-like rants :)

You should make posters

thx... we might as well use this one, though it makes no sense. But thx.

To return the favor, I have one for loyalists too:

Spoiler

It says "GIT GUD!" in case you don't know russian.
Last edited by Razis on Aug 27, 2016, 7:21:02 AM
"
Razis wrote:
thx... we might as well use this one, though it makes no sense. But thx.

But, but... Mario? :(
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
This is a campaign to restore honesty and accountability to GGG! The playerbase has been shocked by the disaster of the polarizing Lab! We need to speak up and prevent the complete and utter collapse of our game!

Lab for rework! Make POE Great again!
"
IMSilver wrote:
This is a campaign to restore honesty and accountability to GGG! The playerbase has been shocked by the disaster of the polarizing Lab! We need to speak up and prevent the complete and utter collapse of our game!

Lab for rework! Make POE Great again!

It's nothing like "your" game.
get back down to earth
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 28, 2016, 12:05:10 AM
I think I'll attempt the first on-topic post in this thread (and I'm including the opening post).

How I'd Redesign Labirynth

Traps of Swirling Fear, aka spinning blades: I like you. You get to stay. Plus you looked really cool in the Ascendancy trailer, so I guess you're too iconic to fuck with.

Traps of Crippling Grief, aka sawblade traps and Traps of Lingering Pain, aka blade sentries: You two are lazy mechanical clones of spinning blades; get fucked. Deleted; replacements to follow below.

Traps of Burning Rage, aka furnace traps: Let's keep the core art style here (making new art assets costs money), but change the mechanics. Now applies a flat (arealevel dependent, not percentage EHP) Fire DoT which comes with an additional debuff: while ignited with this, you have no Life Regeneration. This DoT now lingers briefly even after you exit the trap.

Traps of Piercing Truth, aka spike traps: Again, let's keep the art and save some dollars. Only change is to make damage flat (arealevel dependent); still applies Bleed and temporarily locks player in place (proportional to unmitigated damage, a la Bear Trap). Now counts as a melee attack; has its own Accuracy, can be blocked, etc.

Traps of Harrowing Desperation, aka poison sentries: This new trap replaces blade sentries. When touched, these mechanical hazards emit a cloud of toxic gas, applying an arealevel dependent (not EHP percentage) Poison DoT, during which an additional Choking debuff prevents the victim from activating flasks. The DoT/debuff linger for a while even after exiting trap. Not very scary to CI characters. Trial at Catacombs.

Traps of Stinging Doubt, aka dart traps: Mostly kept as-is, but with a key and, unfortunately, art-related change: 40% EHP (usually reduced to 10% EHP) Cold damage hit, without Poison, physical damage, or movespeed debuff components. This better evens out damage types and allows the natural effect of Cold damage to Chill the victim, slowing the victim's speed (including Attack and Cast speeds) without the need of a separate debuff. Now counts as a projectile attack; has its own Accuracy, can be blocked, etc. Trial still at Hedge Maze.

Traps of Awestruck Wonder, aka spark traps: These replace the sawblade traps and behave much like them, but these are sparks traveling along rails rather than sawblades. They deal hits of 20% of EHP as Lightning damage (usually resisted down to 5%) at a rate of 10 hits per second, and apply a "You are always dealt Critical Strikes while not on Full Life" debuff for 1 second with each hit. This means the second hit Shocks (unless sufficient ES) and any more than 1 second of contact usually proves fatal. Assuming at least 75% Lightning resistance, the damage cannot stun (5% base * 1.3 crit * 1.5 shock < 10% minimum to stun), but under 75% resistance carries great risk of stun-lock. Counts as a spell for dodge/block purposes. Trial at Chamber of Sins.

In conclusion: All 5 damage types now represented, 3 of 6 traps converted to flat damage instead of percentage EHP damage, Life Regeneration and flask spam strategies now targeted by specific traps, ES now granted some situational tactical advantages. Use of additional art assets and trap/area redesigns minimized for budget/feasibility. (If unlimited budget, might make different suggestions.)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 28, 2016, 2:16:49 AM
You would stun lock to death CI char that do not have stun immunity with that spark trap imho.

I like the idea that you are trying to bring it all elements, it could make people use utility flasks to reduce their effect.
Frozen darts would need to do more damage than this imho, really.

There would be a lot, I guess a lot of QQ on that poison traps where you cannot use pots though.

But should we not discuss this on another topic, that has alrady more elements, instead of "splitting" the discussion ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 28, 2016, 1:06:47 AM
@ScrotieMcB

I'll guess that you're a HC player? :-) There's some good ideas here that better match the expected normal PoE damage "rules" for monsters and applying those to traps. I really like this kind of thinking. This would be especially good if monsters were added to the mix where the traps provide some support to the monsters rather than a few trash monsters just to refill flasks. Keep the focus on killing monsters!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I'm not a player at all anymore. I just rattle design ideas around in my head.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Why did you stop playing?
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Why did you stop playing?
Spoiler
Before Ascendancy came out, my girlfriend wanted to try out the game, as I spent a lot of time on it and she enjoyed Sorceress PvP in D2. We only had the single computer, and we didn't want us fighting over the computer. I agreed that I'd sit out the entire Perandus league . 100% of my Lab experience is vicarious, watching her play; of course, I have my own filter, her opinion of lab is lower than mine. She got to I think Graveyard maps before quitting.

Right around the time Perandus ended, our computer broke. Continuing to forum on my Android, I told her they weren't bringing Cadiro back, so she raged and said she'd never play again. (There's some Cadiro feedback I guess.)

We've since gotten a new computer, but I just haven't felt like returning. Partly because I'd actually soft-quit even before Perandus. Partly because I know our new computer is barely better than a toaster and PoE would have crazy performance issues, if it ran at all. Partly because I worry openly playing PoE might impact my relationship. But mostly because I feel about the game pretty much what Kripp feels about it - the new stuff isn't that appealing and the concept is played out.

It's a little amusing how addicted I am to foruming.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 28, 2016, 3:05:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info