Labyrinth for rework! Make POE great again!

"
PLEASE optional path to ascension points.

Leave the lab for the simple folk (the minority) and bring something challenging for we more refined, skilled exiles. The lab is beneath the majority of players.

Make PoE Great!

I mean I would like it, but not sure most people would actually be happy with that. Since a lot of those complaints basically sound like "Well I would prefer getting my ascendancy for free."

My idea would be an arena that could be tied into endgame as well. It basically has to be won 3 times, once in each difficulty to unlock the endgame mode, which would provide 6 ascendancies. You can do these fights whenever you want after having reached the Arena (not sure where it should be, my favorite would be Theopolis, but they have to add Theopolis and since they likely won't do that in the near future, it has to be somewhere else). Those fights would scale with your level, because this arena different to the lab has no challange besides fighting, so if you could just outlevel it, there is actually nothing to do besides afking in it with any form of retaliation damage. Although even that would not be terrible, since the first 4 Ascendancy points are free anyway.

I would make those 3 fights thematic. The first one would be Undead (all the Unique Undeads we have in the game, and waves of undead with Necromancers). The second one would be bandits (with all the Unique bandits again). And the last one would be Blackguards with all the uniques including untransformed Dominus and Piety (likely the hardest, because there are so many of them, but again it is the last ascendancy). Getting the last 2 points without setting food into the lab would be a lot harder though and here we come to the Endgame part of the arena.

This Endgame Arena would be tied together with maps. In maps you would have a chance to drop an Essence from the boss. This Essence would allow you to trigger an arena fight of the same level with waves of mobs connected to that enemy (if you get Pietys Essence you would fight hordes of Blackguards and maybe Piety accompanied by her Ice and Fire Forms). At the end based on your performance (iE how fast you killed the boss) the crowd will shower you with some currency, which you could invest in new maps. To get the "Uber Arena" you have to provide one Essence for every Tier to enter.

Inside the Arena I would make all mobs blue to make it more rewarding and dangerous, similar to the Alluring Abyss. The Advantage would be no traps and it would be one giant (though terrible messy) fight which is likely shorter and less prone to DCs. Of course you could argue that a room with Piety, Dominus and the 3 guardians before Dominus is kind of a trap.
Lab is still a DISASTER... How can this still be in the game? SAD!
"
Emphasy wrote:
"
PLEASE optional path to ascension points.

Leave the lab for the simple folk (the minority) and bring something challenging for we more refined, skilled exiles. The lab is beneath the majority of players.

Make PoE Great!

I mean I would like it, but not sure most people would actually be happy with that. Since a lot of those complaints basically sound like "Well I would prefer getting my ascendancy for free."

My idea would be an arena that could be tied into endgame as well. It basically has to be won 3 times, once in each difficulty to unlock the endgame mode, which would provide 6 ascendancies. You can do these fights whenever you want after having reached the Arena (not sure where it should be, my favorite would be Theopolis, but they have to add Theopolis and since they likely won't do that in the near future, it has to be somewhere else). Those fights would scale with your level, because this arena different to the lab has no challange besides fighting, so if you could just outlevel it, there is actually nothing to do besides afking in it with any form of retaliation damage. Although even that would not be terrible, since the first 4 Ascendancy points are free anyway.

I would make those 3 fights thematic. The first one would be Undead (all the Unique Undeads we have in the game, and waves of undead with Necromancers). The second one would be bandits (with all the Unique bandits again). And the last one would be Blackguards with all the uniques including untransformed Dominus and Piety (likely the hardest, because there are so many of them, but again it is the last ascendancy). Getting the last 2 points without setting food into the lab would be a lot harder though and here we come to the Endgame part of the arena.

This Endgame Arena would be tied together with maps. In maps you would have a chance to drop an Essence from the boss. This Essence would allow you to trigger an arena fight of the same level with waves of mobs connected to that enemy (if you get Pietys Essence you would fight hordes of Blackguards and maybe Piety accompanied by her Ice and Fire Forms). At the end based on your performance (iE how fast you killed the boss) the crowd will shower you with some currency, which you could invest in new maps. To get the "Uber Arena" you have to provide one Essence for every Tier to enter.

Inside the Arena I would make all mobs blue to make it more rewarding and dangerous, similar to the Alluring Abyss. The Advantage would be no traps and it would be one giant (though terrible messy) fight which is likely shorter and less prone to DCs. Of course you could argue that a room with Piety, Dominus and the 3 guardians before Dominus is kind of a trap.

I missed this one.

Your idea sounds like awesome fun!
I appreciate how the OP is staying in character through page 20. No substance at all and the rhetoric is spot on.
"
IMSilver wrote:
It is time for real change. Not incompetence. Real change. Real change big league.

Say it with me folks. Radical Labyrinth Game Design.

It needs to stop, and it needs to stop now, otherwise we won't have a playerbase anymore.

Totally agree!
It's time to MAKE POE GREAT AGAIN! What's happening in the lab is a disgrace.... did you see what happened in the lab last night? It needs to be REWORKED and reworked quickly! The community has given HUNDREDS of ideas!
"
IMSilver wrote:
It's time to MAKE POE GREAT AGAIN! What's happening in the lab is a disgrace.... did you see what happened in the lab last night? It needs to be REWORKED and reworked quickly! The community has given HUNDREDS of ideas!

What happened last night?
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
IMSilver wrote:
Lab is still a DISASTER... How can this still be in the game? SAD!

Labyrinth haters being trumpsexual is going full circle.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info