Stacked Deck

I didn't do the exact numbers, but...

So there's about 8 div cards where the payout is >1 ex, not counting The Fiend/Doctor or Hall of Mirrors. Then there's those three, where they're each worth about 10ex per card. There are ~150 total cards.

So let's say 8 chances at around 1/10 of 3 exalts (on average, let's call it 20c) and 3 chances at 10ex (800c), out of 150 possibilities. The other cards are worth let's say 1c each.

Using that rough estimate, the Stacked Decks are worth around 18c on average per use.

Can anyone tell me if I'm missing anything that would change the Decks' worth? Obviously I'm making some gross assumptions.

edit: The fact that 92% or more of div cards are worth 1c, but the average payout is 18 times higher, should tell you something about the RNG involved in winning at Stacked Decks.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Last edited by ThatsSoGoodman on Jul 19, 2016, 10:49:50 PM
Because I was given the option for the reward from Stacked to be 1 of 2 options. Option 1 was to have the rewards be weighted by drop chance. Option 2 was for all divination cards to have equal chance.

I chose option 2.
IGN: Noshei or Silvannn
Out of interest Noshei, why did you make it so that a stack of only 9 'lucky deck' cards gives 10 stacked decks? It seems like 10 lucky deck cards would make more sense once you know the storyline behind them.

I guess there is a gameplay/balance reason behind it, or perhaps even a cool story about it!
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Out of interest Noshei, why did you make it so that a stack of only 9 'lucky deck' cards gives 10 stacked decks? It seems like 10 lucky deck cards would make more sense once you know the storyline behind them.

I guess there is a gameplay/balance reason behind it, or perhaps even a cool story about it!

When you create a Divination card you don't get to choose the number of cards needed for a full set. You only get to choose the Reward, Name, Flavor Text, and provide input for the Art.
IGN: Noshei or Silvannn
So it's a currency or is it a div card? need to update filter.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
More divination card junk as hype, almost as good as pumping up the labyrinth.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
"
_Zerk_ wrote:
So it's a currency or is it a div card? need to update filter.

Seems to be a card or an item. At least, there is nothing allocated in the currency stash tab for it.
"
Noshei wrote:
Because I was given the option for the reward from Stacked to be 1 of 2 options. Option 1 was to have the rewards be weighted by drop chance. Option 2 was for all divination cards to have equal chance.

I chose option 2.
Any Idea on the rarity? Just did 20+ dried lakes with MF vaal spark saw zero. Is it map only ? etc.
I noticed that Neversink put this in the 'alchemy' tier. I wonder if it ought to be higher than this. I certainly don't want to miss one.

I kind of agree with those saying this isn't really a stacked deck, but maybe I don't know the origins of the term well enough. I used to play a lot of poker, and this isn't quite what I think of when I think of stacked. BUT it's not that big of a deal, I'm just happy to have new stuff. Thanks for the support OP.
Gonna take a swing in the dark mainly due to the way the prophecy works currently for 5 uniques to one random one.

"Right click Stacked Deck consuming five divination cards in your inventory to create one chosen at random"

Or something to that effect.

Interesting since everything is weighted equally, the more cards that get made that are trolly, such as the Fertile Mind card, the worse the chance for the better cards get (since everything is equal).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info