Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

It is common. We do represent the play base. It is ridiculous to claim otherwise. What you can reasonably argue is that it doesn't represent 3/4 of the player base (using your stated percentage) or something else. We are part of the play base and so we represent part of the player base. This is so obvious that I'd almost call it a tautology.

So I was going to ask you, now that we know there is another league before 3.0, are you going to take a break or do you gotta keep posting here as if it would make a difference?

We'll stick around and keep up with the calls for awareness.

Hope you do too!
My 2 cents. Can count me in.
I don't really like the Lab as it is, but I don't hate it that much either.
But still, I wish it could be shorter/easier/with check points/ for lower levels and only ascendancy runs.
For endgame it could be tuned even harder though. It's too trivial for any somehow decent build (with fast movement/high ehp/high dps/leech) to farm it just non stop.
Enchanting system also may use some rework, maybe even just completely remove it from the lab and make another Master for these things. But that's just a thought.
"
Thats understandable, some people love adrenalin rushes, i prefer them in PvP games only, dying to PVE content is too humiliating for me.

That's why I would make ramping up the difficulty better. Normal would be the lab you get your first points and it works like any other zone you can portal in and out, you can restart at the entrance etc. This lab essentially replaces the trials for learning and can also be a valuable farming area although capped at lvl68. The Izaro fight thought would be the same as the merciless one although with a bit less damage and maybe a bit less speed so that players can easily see what is going on and what they should do against certain mechanics. You should still feel humilated if you die there, but you can easily restart. This essentially combines the first two labs and gives you 4 point, people could overlevel those labs anyway so making the first 4 points easy to get is not that bad and you can't overlevel it anymore, because the lab is your level up to 68.

"
For endgame it could be tuned even harder though. It's too trivial for any somehow decent build (with fast movement/high ehp/high dps/leech) to farm it just non stop.

Thing is it shouldn't be too hard and traps are not that meaningful for achieving that. Because traps and Izaro should fit all and honestly if you just do the Lab without any buffs to Izaro it is not too hard, but a bit challanging. If you buff Izaro up he can totally destroy people and can even oneshot high ES CI chars, but that is the gamble you make when you try to get all keys.

"
Additionally, of those 216 supporters, 129 show a 2.5.0 supporter pack (96 Breachlord and 33 Breachspawn).

Well it isn't uncommon for people to dislike something but don't feel too strong about it and honestly the competition isn't perfect either. Choosing your ARPG is like your countries election (if you hold any) you won't get a perfect candidate or party more often then not you just have to go for the option which sucks the least. And even though PoE likely isn't as bad as some countries election choices you might end up in a similar situation. In our head we might have a vision of this perfect game we would like to play, however in reality this game doesn't exist and we have to settle with one that is close to it.
"
kainaj wrote:
My 2 cents. Can count me in.
I don't really like the Lab as it is, but I don't hate it that much either.
But still, I wish it could be shorter/easier/with check points/ for lower levels and only ascendancy runs.
Enchanting system also may use some rework, maybe even just completely remove it from the lab and make another Master for these things. But that's just a thought.

Kainaj, thank you for posting your feedback. You have been counted in at number 701 in the list.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Emphasy wrote:
Well it isn't uncommon for people to dislike something but don't feel too strong about it and honestly the competition isn't perfect either. Choosing your ARPG is like your countries election (if you hold any) you won't get a perfect candidate or party more often then not you just have to go for the option which sucks the least. And even though PoE likely isn't as bad as some countries election choices you might end up in a similar situation. In our head we might have a vision of this perfect game we would like to play, however in reality this game doesn't exist and we have to settle with one that is close to it.

PoE isn't as bad as Trump, you say? ;)

You're right, though. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who wonders what would be different in PoE if decent competition existed for it.

As for supporting something one "dislikes," I also think it's important to note that supporter packs are not donations in the sense that they would be if GGG had gone with its original plan only to sell non-functional MTXs (aesthetic ones). Many people buy supporter packs and spend those points on stash tabs, because... well, because they want more stash tabs. I know I'm guilty of that.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I believe stash tabs are GGG's biggest money-maker, which tells you something right there. So supporter tags are only useful for gauging player satisfaction to the extent that they indicate players are still actively playing, not to indicate that they are happy enough with GGG to donate money to them, like they would donate to a charity.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Porungda wrote:
I for one dislike the hardcore nature of the lab that gates sometimes build enabling points.

My routing to GGG servers can be quite sketchy to say the least some times, to the point where the game freezes in either lockstep or predictive (latency wise not FPS wise), and usually that is enough to get hit by a massive degen trap (if CI you have no hope to survive it while frozen from any action) or to get hit by one of Izaro's one shots, get stunned, be hit by added mechanics, get teleported onto traps by Goddess and only after RIP unfreeze. (atleast I presume that's how i teleport to the left and die when I used a movement skill to the right before the freeze).

So yeah... gating the points in a Hardcore nature LONG gauntlet (try doing the lab 3 times in a row and breeze through traps and just get a game freeze on Izaro every single time, I have been there and acknowledge the pain of it).

The enchantments and treasures I can live without if you unlock the ascendancy points to some other method (who knows, like kill Malachai and then UberLab for the last 2), atleast then people that are forced to play Softcore will not get in lack of better terms, slammed by technical issues and lose 30 minutes of progress.

Before you whine that I just started the game, I have been playing since Beta and NEVER have I found such a glaring issue in my progression. I can accept losing maps to technical issues (usually last 5 minutes tops), but something that takes around 30 if unlucky with all the snares/traps/freezes for something that is needed to progress in maps with most builds, is slightly ajar.

from thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/379 I'm responding here in order to not derail that thread.

Porungda, thank you for sharing your opinion and feedback. Many people share your feelings. You're number 702 on the list. As the list grows longer our voices grow stronger.

There are people that want to believe that you're my alt account because they don't want to believe that people dislike things about labyrinth. Here's information from Porungda's profile.

Last Visited:
Jan 12, 2017

Total Forum Posts:
20 (0.01 posts per day)

Note that if Porungda were my alt account or belonged to anyone else the account would have been created prior to my account or most other people's account. Also, 6 of his 20 posts were made prior to release of the horrible Labyrinth that is a festering oozing sore that won't heal in the game I used to love.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

There are people that want to believe that you're my alt account because they don't want to believe that people dislike things about labyrinth.

Really? Haven't seen anyone make that claim at all. Who's the paranoid one now?

"
Turtledove wrote:
Note that if Porungda were my alt account or belonged to anyone else the account would have been created prior to my account or most other people's account. Also, 6 of his 20 posts were made prior to release of the horrible Labyrinth that is a festering oozing sore that won't heal in the game I used to love.

I fail to see what any of that proves. Just more rhetoric.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

There are people that want to believe that you're my alt account because they don't want to believe that people dislike things about labyrinth.

Actually it's a fairly common assertion. Like Lagwin's statement which the list was probably made up by a handful of people and then you stating that I was the one likely doing it all and not a conspiracy.

"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

I fail to see what any of that proves. Just more rhetoric.

It shows that it's highly unlikely that Porungda is an alt account and when multiplied by hundreds in the list with similar profiles proves that assertions that only a handful of people are represented by the list of 702 account names is a false assertion.
"

We'll stick around and keep up with the calls for awareness.

Hope you do too!

Yes, please #LabIsOppressive

U MAD?
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Actually it's a fairly common assertion. Like Lagwin's statement which the list was probably made up by a handful of people and then you stating that I was the one likely doing it all and not a conspiracy.

Yeah, go back and read what I said cause that is not what I was implying. :)

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info