Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

"
Jgizle wrote:
The time saved doing 1 less lab attempt will be spent completing the new act.

Now THAT would be a welcome change.

One of the most common criticisms of the Labyrinth is, "I feel like I'm doing this unpleasant and stressful side-content, and I can't wait to get back to playing the real game."
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Jgizle wrote:

One of the most common criticisms of the Labyrinth is, "I feel like I'm doing this unpleasant and stressful side-content, and I can't wait to get back to playing the real game."

Sure, when you repeat it a thousand times in your head. Even if that's true, that still doesn't necessarily mean it's common at all.

Just because 3/4 people here say that, doesn't make it common. They don't represent the playerbase, thankfully.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Jgizle wrote:

Sure, when you repeat it a thousand times in your head. Even if that's true, that still doesn't necessarily mean it's common at all.

Just because 3/4 people here say that, doesn't make it common. They don't represent the playerbase, thankfully.

OK, you think other criticisms are more common than the one I describe? That's fine; you can list them if it's important to you.

Or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing and/or derailing, like I've seen you do in other threads?
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Jan 10, 2017, 6:38:59 AM
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Jgizle wrote:

Exactly this. The lab is very stressful, and i hate that felling, im forcing myself even to run norm and cruel at level 60-70. Uber is just making my heart to stop, and i hate it. Too stressfull.
"
Exactly this. The lab is very stressful, and i hate that felling, im forcing myself even to run norm and cruel at level 60-70. Uber is just making my heart to stop, and i hate it. Too stressfull.

That is actually the reason why I play Path of Exile, it is at times really thrilling. Right now I'm on a lvl52 Raider who has terrible equip but already did normal and cruel lab and that with only 1k HP :P

Of course he is Spectral Throw and doesn't need to take a single hit from Izaro, however this makes it really thrilling because a single hit is likely all you need to take. The traps though are a joke with so little HP :P

But that is what I like about the lab that it isn't an actual roadblock. If you don't feel to do it like that you only get a bit of trap challange and can safely get at least 4 of the Ascendancy Points.

Again I would make the Lab a bit different and allow people to learn it by doing it.

My normal Labyrinth would either have checkpoints after each Izaro, or work like regular areas so you can die as often as you want. This normal labyrinth essentially replaces the Trials, because they are boring and unrewarding. This Labyrinth does scale with your characterlevel (up to lvl68) and provides the first 4 points, but overall it is a bit easier. The Merciless lab is essentially the same as the normal one fixed on lvl68 with the current mechanic.

And the Uber Lab is essentially like it is now, arguably the trials could be made to only provide Offerings without any need to unlock it, but unlocking it could stay if they make trials less random and actually spawn those more likely the player does not have.

This is my changes I would do on the Lab with 3.0. This would mean one normal lab people can get half of their points, they have to trade the ability to overlevel it for the ability to respawn in the lab. This also means since the lab is on the players level and has a higher mob density and might offer some treasures that it can be used as a catchup if you need to level fast and fell behind the zones you have to progress in the story. Above a certain level though the labyrinth would switch to merciless (or cruel whichever is the leftover difficulty) in terms of resistance penalty.

I don't really think the normal trials are a good design. Traps are not too hard that you have to teach people how they work and if that is necessary it is better to do it in a more forgiving version of the labyrinth.
"
Emphasy wrote:
"

That is actually the reason why I play Path of Exile, it is at times really thrilling. Right now I'm on a lvl52 Raider who has terrible equip but already did normal and cruel lab and that with only 1k HP :P

Of course he is Spectral Throw and doesn't need to take a single hit from Izaro, however this makes it really thrilling because a single hit is likely all you need to take. The traps though are a joke with so little HP :P

But that is what I like about the lab that it isn't an actual roadblock. If you don't feel to do it like that you only get a bit of trap challange and can safely get at least 4 of the Ascendancy Points.

Again I would make the Lab a bit different and allow people to learn it by doing it.

My normal Labyrinth would either have checkpoints after each Izaro, or work like regular areas so you can die as often as you want. This normal labyrinth essentially replaces the Trials, because they are boring and unrewarding. This Labyrinth does scale with your characterlevel (up to lvl68) and provides the first 4 points, but overall it is a bit easier. The Merciless lab is essentially the same as the normal one fixed on lvl68 with the current mechanic.

And the Uber Lab is essentially like it is now, arguably the trials could be made to only provide Offerings without any need to unlock it, but unlocking it could stay if they make trials less random and actually spawn those more likely the player does not have.

This is my changes I would do on the Lab with 3.0. This would mean one normal lab people can get half of their points, they have to trade the ability to overlevel it for the ability to respawn in the lab. This also means since the lab is on the players level and has a higher mob density and might offer some treasures that it can be used as a catchup if you need to level fast and fell behind the zones you have to progress in the story. Above a certain level though the labyrinth would switch to merciless (or cruel whichever is the leftover difficulty) in terms of resistance penalty.

I don't really think the normal trials are a good design. Traps are not too hard that you have to teach people how they work and if that is necessary it is better to do it in a more forgiving version of the labyrinth.

Thats understandable, some people love adrenalin rushes, i prefer them in PvP games only, dying to PVE content is too humiliating for me.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Jgizle wrote:

It is common. We do represent the play base. It is ridiculous to claim otherwise. What you can reasonably argue is that it doesn't represent 3/4 of the player base (using your stated percentage) or something else. We are part of the play base and so we represent part of the player base. This is so obvious that I'd almost call it a tautology.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

It is common. We do represent the play base. It is ridiculous to claim otherwise. What you can reasonably argue is that it doesn't represent 3/4 of the player base (using your stated percentage) or something else. We are part of the play base and so we represent part of the player base. This is so obvious that I'd almost call it a tautology.

So I was going to ask you, now that we know there is another league before 3.0, are you going to take a break or do you gotta keep posting here as if it would make a difference?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

Okay professor. I'll let you drown in your endless knowledge and logic.

In the meantime, we will continue in the real world where we realize that generally only negative feedback comes from forums, meaning to go by these numbers and saying these people represent the majority of the playerbase, which is what he said, read it, is just stupid.

He's just trying to add weight to his argument because he wants to see it change. But it's dead weight, just like your posts.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
heyimsu wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
Here's the feedback GGG sees:
Additionally, of those 216 supporters, 129 show a 2.5.0 supporter pack (96 Breachlord and 33 Breachspawn).

Obviously it's a fact even including the labyrinth that 66% of those supporters still like the game enough to fork over at least $30. And obviously the numbers don't reflect those who don't display their supporter titles or those who support with points packs and not supporter packs.

Disclaimer that I copied the list in the OP this morning and won't include people added after that.

Regardless of labyrinth, I felt that GGG deserved to be support so that's why I bought a supporter pack. This is the first time I have bought a pack, previous leagues I have bought mainly points. It may not seem much compared to others, but I have spent close to $180 AUD ($130 USD) on this game. I love this game, there's some issues with it, but I will keep coming back. With that said, I do hope they reconsider tuning or make some changes to how the labyrinth works.
I respect that and thank you for your support. You posted here after I copied the list so you weren't included in my count. My purpose in looking at that was curiosity. But I also wanted to point out that the labyrinth wasn't a deal breaker for many of the supporters listed. When GGG looks at the complaints and sees those people still supporting, they have to think that despite dislike for some aspect of it, the lab is acceptable enough to them to keep supporting. To get them to pull coders off new content and get them to change old content would be to hit them in the pocketbook. Small QoL changes is about the most GGG would probably spend resources working on.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info