What do you think "Stacked Deck" will do? Sheriff_K Wins!

"
Vipermagi wrote:
My five-second thought was, a completed ten-card Divination card set/deck.
Could offer some pretty sweet rewards if so; Time-lost Relic (league Unique), The Last One Standing (Disfavour), The Arena Champion (Colosseum map). You'd always get a Perandus Ring of course, but the theoretical Disfavour or Shadows and Dust is enticing.

(wiki list can be sorted by deck size)

I posted that i think it will be much this, Its going to be a single unidentified unique card that when identified turns into a random full stack (set) of cards.
You use the currency on 20 wisdom scrolls and you get a random divination card.
Stacked deck sounds like a primer:you use it on an item, then the next divination roll is lucky. Alternatively, they could identify an item, making the explicit rolls lucky.
"
Purexec wrote:
I think they'll change Divination Cards to be unidentified. Card Decks will be used similar to a Wisdom Scroll to identify Cards.

This will make a Divination Card drop more rewarding, since they had problems with that.

When thinking about that this was initially a unique, I guess it had something to do with Divination Card droprates. Maybe something like "Gives you a chance to double the amount of Divination Cards dropped by a slain monster" or "Randomize all Divination Cards dropped".

The reason why I'm thinking this is the look of the new currency and the hint with Wisdom Scrolls. It probably has to do something with a Divination Card, not something with regular items. I think the chance to "easily" double the amount of Divination Cards would be too op, altough kinda balancing the system as well.

Damn i love this idea. It would make it possible to drop every card everywhere.
I wish that could happen... but if they are gonna release it now, then it simply can't be: it requires a major balance i think.
IMHO original idea was as unique item, which allows divination cards to have a chance to drop in stacks (not always full stacks, so for example it can be 2/9, 3/4, 8/11 but 5/5 too).

So, following this idea and related divination card image+flavor - Stacked Deck would be used on any Divination Card stack to reroll it's quantity, so you can turn 1/8 card stack into 2-7/8 or even full stack.

Of course this sounds too OP, so there definetly shall be some balance mechanics, like:
- chance to get each additional card in stack is weighted with card's rarity (chance to drop * location accessability)
- the more cards you have in stack before using Stacked Deck on it - the more chance you have to get more finished stack.
- but it also have chance to reroll into same number of cards in stack (like Divine/Blessed orbs can give same results as before use), or even maybe into lower quantity, so there is a risk-vs-reward if you apply it on 2+/X stacks
FilterBlast - a web-hub with up-to-date item filters and extra features
https://filterblast.xyz
My guess is that using a Stacked Deck on an unidentified magic item it would turn into an identified rare.
It will complete or add to a set of div cards.

If you have 1/9 cards you can somehow apply the stacked deck to it and you will either have 2/9 or it will complete the set. Leaning towards completing the set.
Last edited by whitelytning on Jul 14, 2016, 8:19:35 AM
My guess is: you consume it and it causes the next monster slain to drop a random div card
Last edited by baneblade93 on Jul 14, 2016, 8:26:13 AM
Holy Batman this blew up. Main post can't hold all the responses so here's an update, up to where we are as of whenever I press submit on this post.

Spoiler
"
exsea wrote:
1. changes a div card into the gambler.
2. changes a full stack of cards into a different full stack of equal amount
3. copies a div card (but this would be too OP)

"
Mischief67 wrote:
It will give you 10 random "decks" of divination cards ready to hand for rewards.

"
diesdasdinge wrote:
Put it in the map device + a map = map with the same stats but different tilesets

"
vajura wrote:
You use it on a item and it becomes "charged" then the next chaos/transmute/divine/exalt you use on it rolls a mod (lets says life) and then it rolls life again and takes the higher value of those two. Its essentialy "lucky" mod for crafting.

"
Xanin wrote:
the new currency will allow you to keep the colors of the socket for your item

"
EternalNova wrote:
My guess is that the currency, will provide an alternative currency to a full stack. I.E if you use the currency, you will get a full x40 stack of wisdoms, or a full 10 stack of Chaos

"
jonas2012 wrote:
You can change a completed set of div cards for a stacked deck. There will be a new master that trades div cards for your stacked decks.

"
stormyknight wrote:
A currency that will create a random full stack (set) of unidentifid divination cards.
It will be an unidentified divnation card that when identified turns into a full stack of that particular card.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Stacks of 1000, or 5000, wisdom scrolls you can carry on your character

"
Vipermagi wrote:
completed ten-card Divination card set/deck.
Could offer some pretty sweet rewards if so; Time-lost Relic (league Unique), The Last One Standing (Disfavour), The Arena Champion (Colosseum map). You'd always get a Perandus Ring of course, but the theoretical Disfavour or Shadows and Dust is enticing.

"
mouz wrote:
You use the currency on 20 wisdom scrolls and you get a random divination card.

"
Stacked deck sounds like a primer:you use it on an item, then the next divination roll is lucky. Alternatively, they could identify an item, making the explicit rolls lucky.

"
Dissolator wrote:
So, following this idea and related divination card image+flavor - Stacked Deck would be used on any Divination Card stack to reroll it's quantity, so you can turn 1/8 card stack into 2-7/8 or even full stack.

Of course this sounds too OP, so there definetly shall be some balance mechanics, like:
- chance to get each additional card in stack is weighted with card's rarity (chance to drop * location accessability)
- the more cards you have in stack before using Stacked Deck on it - the more chance you have to get more finished stack.
- but it also have chance to reroll into same number of cards in stack (like Divine/Blessed orbs can give same results as before use), or even maybe into lower quantity, so there is a risk-vs-reward if you apply it on 2+/X stacks

"
ragewarror wrote:
My guess is that using a Stacked Deck on an unidentified magic item it would turn into an identified rare.

"
whitelytning wrote:
It will complete or add to a set of div cards.

If you have 1/9 cards you can somehow apply the stacked deck to it and you will either have 2/9 or it will complete the set. Leaning towards completing the set.

KMGL Guild: /3193350
twitch.tv/AethrozTV
Last edited by Aethroz on Jul 14, 2016, 8:27:50 AM
I am pretty sure it will work this way:
Use the new currency on a Headhunter ---> you get 8xThe Doctor.
Use it on a white Astral plate 6L ---> you get 6xThe Celestial Justicar.
It's the only currency you can use on corrupted items! (you can now use it on a bad corrupted Voll's devotion and maybe trade again to get a good one!)

-The outcome is the same, and you get it with trickery!
Last edited by Tomviolence89 on Jul 14, 2016, 8:34:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info