What do you think "Stacked Deck" will do? Sheriff_K Wins!

In before it's that unique idea that made everything drop as ID'd turned into a currency somehow
"
Stacked deck sounds like a primer:you use it on an item, then the next divination roll is lucky. Alternatively, they could identify an item, making the explicit rolls lucky.

I think that's it: Like a divine orb, only that all your rolls are lucky. Would fit with the unique > consumable history, would fit with the name of the currency, and the div card and its flavor text, and it wouldn`t totally unbalance the game.

The only contras would be, for one, that it'd be same-old, same-old, like a power-creepy version of what already exists. And since it would have to be even more rare than divines, and 10 in a bundle for div cards seems quite high, it's probably not that at all, but maybe something like it.
Last edited by Jojas on Jul 14, 2016, 8:38:45 AM
Well , from the name we get: Stacked Deck -> Could have a similar effect to that of the vaal orbs on jewels : -> The card stack will turn into a random card , or a random number of cards. The transformed cards are now marked, thus another stacked deck wouldnt work.
-> The card stack is filled / gains 1 extra card.
-> The card stack gets bricked.
-> The card stack turns into a wild card stack out of the same size. This could have different outcomes : -The card stack now gives 1 random item
-The cards can now be used to fill another stacks. (Only one per stack)
-> The card stack gets "marked", from now on the stack can only be completed with marked cards.
-> The card stack now has higher chance for better rewards etc.

TL/DR: Vaal Orb , but for cards.
I think it will make it even harder to get a level 100 build as in "the deck is stacked against us". Not sure if this is just GGG openly acknowledging what we long time players know to be true that through high RNG and extreme low drop chances playing PoE is "a stacked deck" against us or if it is more of the references to Wraeclast just being "an illusion". The illusion that Dominus alludes to when dieing roughly translates to the illusion of a free-to-play fun-to-play arpg unless you grind play 40+ hours a week or eschew the main game and become a PoE commodity broker/flipper.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jul 14, 2016, 9:00:54 AM
you will get 30 wisdom i guess or your char dies automatically in hardcore
I think we'll use Stacked Decks on a div card to increase the odds of finding that card. I think it will only be available for 1 use per div card per map, meaning you can't use the currency on Gambler AND Her Mask to increase the odds of both of those dropping. Also, it will prevent any other div cards from dropping in that map.

I.E. If you want Prosperity (Perandus' Gold Ring) you would add a Stacked Deck to the card and run your Shore map. Therefore, Shore will no longer drop ANY OTHER div cards, thereby guaranteeing the only div card that can drop will be Prosperity.

Edit: I don't think Stacked Deck will increase the drop rate assigned to the card, but guarantee that if a card does drop, it will be the Stacked one. This would mean that rather than having specific drop rates of cards, they will all have a global "Divination Card Droprate."

Edit 2:Also, item affixes are rolled when the item is dropped by a monster, NOT when it is id'd. This is what allows Cloak of Tawmr' Isley to function.

At that point, the currency might as well be an Alt Orb that rerolls the item to the highest tier affix available. Actually, this seems totally plausible. I'm gonna say it's one of the two things here. (you might wanna edit this a little if you copy-pasta it to the op)
Last edited by Soup0rMan on Jul 14, 2016, 9:27:29 AM
My guest is it will had some special hard mod to map and/or up tier of a map so that the new endgame content will be gated behind the new currency
"
Soup0rMan wrote:
I think we'll use Stacked Decks on a div card to increase the odds of finding that card. I think it will only be available for 1 use per div card per map, meaning you can't use the currency on Gambler AND Her Mask to increase the odds of both of those dropping. Also, it will prevent any other div cards from dropping in that map.

I.E. If you want Prosperity (Perandus' Gold Ring) you would add a Stacked Deck to the card and run your Shore map. Therefore, Shore will no longer drop ANY OTHER div cards, thereby guaranteeing the only div card that can drop will be Prosperity.

Edit: I don't think Stacked Deck will increase the drop rate assigned to the card, but guarantee that if a card does drop, it will be the Stacked one. This would mean that rather than having specific drop rates of cards, they will all have a global "Divination Card Droprate."

This is an interesting idea. Being able to make a map only drop a specific DC would be a very interesting currency indeed. So we would be able to play a map and add in a DC card of our choosing plus a stacked deck currency (whatever GGG will call it) and then that map would only have that specific DC drop. The drop chance would need to be 50/50 that the card we want will drop at least twice (or more) in the map to make it worth the gamble? After all, we are using up one of the cards we are looking for. Farming for a whole set of DCs would actually be worth pursuing if this could be done (even us time limited players).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
A full stack can be used when turning in a Div card set, and will make the item received lucky (will roll twice giving you the better outcome).
IE. an Emperor's Luck set can be turned in and will roll Armorers scraps and Chaos orbs, the Chaos have a lower % chance so they will be given.
It will work with all div card sets, with those that have only one outcome (ie. specific corrupted weapon) giving the better stat roll.
My guess is that it is unrelated to crafting, and modifies your XP per hour, by increasing it. Similiar drop rate of eternal orbs or something. With the recent xp nerf, this would kind of make sense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info