What do you think "Stacked Deck" will do? Sheriff_K Wins!

It will be a mini Card Game, not of big significance, that you will be able to play for some extra fun.

That is my prediction.

Or, it will give you prophecies. Means that you can get prophecies indirectly from Navali, using these cards.
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
Last edited by Lordemore on Jul 14, 2016, 2:49:12 AM
It's an un-identification scroll. Like stacking a deck, you know what is inside but nobody else does.

"When the outcome is the same, does it matter if it is fortune or trickery?"
Used to play Tetra Master
I think they'll change Divination Cards to be unidentified. Card Decks will be used similar to a Wisdom Scroll to identify Cards.

This will make a Divination Card drop more rewarding, since they had problems with that.

When thinking about that this was initially a unique, I guess it had something to do with Divination Card droprates. Maybe something like "Gives you a chance to double the amount of Divination Cards dropped by a slain monster" or "Randomize all Divination Cards dropped".

The reason why I'm thinking this is the look of the new currency and the hint with Wisdom Scrolls. It probably has to do something with a Divination Card, not something with regular items. I think the chance to "easily" double the amount of Divination Cards would be too op, altough kinda balancing the system as well.
Last edited by Purexec on Jul 14, 2016, 3:19:40 AM
"
Setharial wrote:
i WISH it would act like this:

You have a Divination card set, say House of Mirrors that is currently at 1/9.
You have 10 of the new "Stacked Deck" Currency.

You use a "Stacked Deck" on the Divination Card set. It Consumes "Stacked Deck" Currency equal to the amount of total cards needed to complete the entire set (in this case 9).

It adds ONE additional Card to the existing Divination Card set.

Now you have House of Mirrors at 2/9.
You have 1 "Stacked Deck" Currency left.

Why only ONE per X Stacked Deck you may ask?
For balancing reasons. Otherwise it would be rarer than the House of Mirrors itself.

Also this would mean that you need a different amount of Stacked Deck for each Div Set (which are in and of itself balanced via Stacksize)

That is exactly what I though it can be ... :)
;-)
u can now quality the divination cards using the new currency!
Given the name - "stacked deck", I'd think the unique new property that the item was going to have, which is now a currency, is something that influences things in your favor.

A unique item could make a boss more difficult and yield more or better loot, but I don't think bosses are going to hold still while we craft them. Maps can already be crafted for more yield through potentially more difficult mods, so I don't think the item/currency will do this.

What we don't have is an item, or currency that improves crafting odds (although it could be argued that at various times whet stones and armor shards did that for improving fusing odds).

How would it work? As a unique item, with potentially strict GGG oversight, the mechanics would need to be very basic. As a currency item worked on by the GGG team, the potential mechanics could be more broad.

My guess would be that the original item was a pair of gloves (since a stacked deck gives you a good hand) that gave the wearer a better chance of receiving higher tier rolls of whatever given mod was generated, and/or better numbers within that roll.

How would such an item be balanced? My guess would be, by charging the wearer twice as much for any given action taken. 2 regal orbs to add a third mod to a 2 mod blue item for instance. The single result you got, however - would be "lucky" (in GGG terms of best of two rolls, using the technique pioneered for Lori's Lantern).

My guess would be that this was what caught GGG's imagination - what if instead of an item with a single use, there was a currency where a user could then decide for themselves how *MANY* orbs to wager on single lucky roll? A player might choose to use five regals and hope that the best/luckiest roll of the five would be something nice indeed.

The balance factor here might be - needing a card - for each orb "wagered" or added to the stacked odds - with a maximum of Ten cards/orbs used on a single crafting effort - this would be why the Stacked Deck needed to be a currency.

So - that's my best guess atm. How the card resolves differing rolls I'm not sure of. Maybe it only rolls once for mod type. So, if you get +1 mana on kill, you might get a higher mana on kill, but all potential rolls will always be mana on kill?

Looking forward to seeing whatever the Stack Deck turns out to be!

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
It's going to give you a full stack of a random divination set.
Spoiler
which is actually GGG slang for giving you a stack of emperor's luck.
Spoiler
And emperor's luck is actually GGG slang for giving you 5 transmutation orbs
Spoiler
So, 5 transmutation orbs is my guess.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
this will let GGG stack your hundred dollar bills on their accounts
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
I think it will stack the deck against you in maps. Remember the Zana affixes on maps? 4 rogue exiles, 1 invasion boss, that kind of thing.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info