What do you think "Stacked Deck" will do? Sheriff_K Wins!

Posted this in the teaser thread before seeing this one, and forgive if its been guessed already as I havent got through the whole thread yet.

Heres my guess on the function based on the div card name.

The new currency causes your alcs/chaos/trans/alts (any orb that rolls mods) to roll "lucky".

So, once the mods and tiers are selected, the rolls within those tiers roll twice and use the highest.

I imagine it working like this:

Apply the Stacked Deck to the desired item and it is marked somehow (maybe like mirrored tag).
Apply any orb that rolls new mods (chaos, trans, alc, etc)
The Stacked Deck tag is consumed and the mods ranges roll lucky.

*Note: The lucky would not affect mod tiers. So, if you have tier 2 AS, you will stay tier 2 AS. But you get two rolls on the range and use the highest for each mod.

Seems to fit, but I could (and probably am) totally wrong. Would be a neat mechanic though.

EDIT: Looks like Jojas had a very similar idea.
Took a 2 year break, but I'm back.
Last edited by jorbarn on Jul 14, 2016, 11:14:46 AM
My initial thought, you'd get a stack of 10 "stacked" cards. They'd turn into the next Divination that drops for you.
It's going to be a "set unifier". With end game update incoming and we already have 3 type of set pieces to open a map, this currency will take all pieces needed and it will give a one slot map.
It will be a card that you can use on another card turning it into a random card. Basically like the gambler but you can use it on an existing card that has little to no value in hopes that it turns into a card of higher value, consuming the stacked deck card in the process. The player will have 0 control of the outcome due to RNG being an integral part of the game.

That is my best guess just looking at the artwork of the lucky deck divination card.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Last edited by viciousnugget on Jul 14, 2016, 1:51:39 PM
empty deck
can be filled with power cards
in maps deck can be used to unleash power of power cards
power cards have certain effects
stacked deck is full deck
using full deck unleash additional powers
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
There have been some really cool ideas in this thread.
IGN: Noshei or Silvannn
I think it'll be like an Alt/Chaos Orb for Divination Cards, and just roll it into a random Divination Card.

But then that's just Gambler in condensed Currency form... Hmm.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Jul 14, 2016, 2:49:37 PM
Its going to be a card which can replace any other card if u are 1 from max of that set and if u use one on a card u get a random card.
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
it will reroll an unique item that have a divination card into the full stack or a random number of his divination cards
/IGN OeilDeNuits /

Warband shop :https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1305164
There's one major problem with most of the guesses in this thread: You're forgetting that this wasn't originally designed to be currency, but a unique item. So the effect is probably something that could also have been accomplished by just having a thing equipped.

Personally, I'm leaning towards making other currency rolls lucky. Use a stacked deck on something to mark it as lucky, then use a currency item to consume the mark. Assuming it runs off the same mechanics as Diamond flasks, I guess it would roll everything twice and keep the best results for each. The only problem is using chroms, since there is no objectively "better" results, it's wholly dependent on what you need at the time. Maybe making it easier to off-color stuff? Who knows.
This is a buff™

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info