Riddle Me This! *SOLVED*

The letter "t".
The Marauder.
"Alas, the one-man crusade of Torr Olgosso comes to an end. May his fervor for vengeance at being imprisoned inside of small boxes be remembered for all of time."
- Xedralya
"
kahzin wrote:
Players who speak a certain language are more likely to solve the riddle.

This is a true statement about every riddle. This riddle is presented in English, so obviously people who speak English are more likely to solve the riddle.

However, I assume the language you are talking about is not English. So, it is either a language that will help us understand the riddle better (eg: does 'strand' mean something else in French?), or it is a language that has some relevance in the game world. The second one seems more likely. (Why give us a hint about it if it's just to tell us that it is a riddle for French people?)

The only language they use in the game other than English is Karui, and since I doubt anyone in the real world actually speaks Karui, I guess the language is Maori. (Another possibility is that there is a particular unique with some other language as part of its name or description.)

Not sure how speaking Maori can help you solve the riddle though. Unless being able to speak Maori also implies a knowledge of Maori culture?

Anyway, I'm a bit stumped. I'll just throw in a wild guess:
The original answer to the riddle was going to be 'The Shadow', but the answer is now 'The Assassin'.

Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jul 11, 2016, 9:03:03 PM
I think that everyone is assuming that the answer is a person... it's probably something really awkward like "sun light" or some other silly thing.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I think that everyone is assuming that the answer is a person... it's probably something really awkward like "sun light" or some other silly thing.

We're looking for a name.

"
Not sure how speaking Maori can help you solve the riddle though. Unless being able to speak Maori also implies a knowledge of Maori culture?

The language is not Karui / Maori =)
Can you clarify: "Not an NPC"
1-Not a Character in Path of Exile or Path of Exile Lore
2-Not a Character we interact with, aka not a NPC coded into the game.
3-Not a Person or being at all, coded or else

Also: it does have to do with PoE right? The answer isn't Cain as in Cain & Abel, or Abraham?
KMGL Guild: /3193350
twitch.tv/AethrozTV
Last edited by Aethroz on Jul 12, 2016, 2:26:03 AM
An SC player and an HC player for your two riddles.

I have no idea what "seeking rewards for him to survive" even means.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
I realised that there is another non-English language in the game - Latin.

"
Aethroz wrote:

NPC usually means what you suggest in '2'.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jul 12, 2016, 4:14:23 AM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Aethroz wrote:
...2-Not a Character we interact with, aka not a NPC coded into the game.

NPC usually means what you suggest in '2'.

I agree. Just making sure, as it will tell us if it is a character in lore, or a Meta character
KMGL Guild: /3193350
twitch.tv/AethrozTV
"
Aethroz wrote:

Also: it does have to do with PoE right? The answer isn't Cain as in Cain & Abel, or Abraham?

I don't really want to comment on this too much. The character does have to do with PoE. Just put two and two together. Let me summerize what we've got so far.

The riddle is obviously about an exile, but it's not about a NPC. I told you that the answer is a name, and you can find this name in the game, but not in the first act.

It has been said that the poem is very non specific for the most part. But it tells a very specific story about an exile. The best way to solve this riddle is to figure out the rest of the story that is told. Think about the questions 'where is he seeking rewards?' and 'why is he sentenced again?'.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info