Riddle Me This! *SOLVED*

Kaom
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
"
viciousnugget wrote:
Kaom

Kaom wasn't exiled, tho. :v
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
kahzin wrote:
It has been a while since we had the chance to lose our minds over one of Rhys' riddles so I figured it's a good time to drop this one. I had the idea for this riddle for quite a while now and today I did my best to wrap a poem around it. Keep in mind that I have no experience in writing poems or riddles whatsoever so it might be a little hard to figure this one out.

Anyways, if you are like me and had alot of fun in participating in the great hunt for the goddess unleashed you'll probably enjoy this one aswell. That's what I hope for at least! And who knows, maybe even you wanna give it a try, Rhys? :P

The Riddle

Exiled for his crimes to a foreign land
Beginning his path on a twilighted strand.

Seeking rewards for him to survive
Now sentenced again to pay with his life.

First to fight, not ready to fall
First to hear the executioner's call.

As I said, it could be tricky to find the answer, or even the question. I'll see how it goes and drop a hint if it's needed. I also think about adding a reward, but I don't really own much stuff in Prophecy, so at the moment I could only offer a reward in the Standard League, and who to hell would want this? ;)

Let me know what you think, feedback is appreciated. Happy hunting!

Wrong guesses so far
Spoiler
Hillock, Dying Exile, Oak, Tolman, Fairgraves, The Player

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong guesses so far
Spoiler
Hillock, Brutus, Oak, Dying Exile, Tolman, Fairgraves, The Player, Chris Wilson, The Duelist, Barkhul, Scion, Vagan, Kraityn, Piety, Terminus Est, Kaom

Hints
Spoiler
1) A player that only knows the first act cannot solve the riddle

I think it is about Kole put in a strange way.
Sometimes...
Daresso :P

First to hear the executioner's call.

If we take it in a literal meaning then :

First stanza is about an exile like our character who started in the twilight strand

Second talks how he seeks things in order to survive and now he is bound again for death

Third, claims he is not ready to die, but he is the first to fight and be killed

There is no other answer than the dying exile or if you take it a bit further the zombie that kills the dying exile (cause the drowned there are exiles that died too). The hint thought completely dishes that. Unless the hint is there just to cause troubles or has a double meaning.

Hint
1) A player that only knows the first act cannot solve the riddle

So the riddle must be taken in a way more different or imaginative way. After reading the hint for the first time Scion came to my mind as a possible answer, but she doesnt really fit the description.

Maybe its our character's humanity?
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
It's kinda hard to find a hint that brings you on the right track but doesn't spoil a major part of the riddle. I had another draft for the poem that I originally didn't intend to post and I'm still hesitating because I feel that it might be too easy.

When will he hear the executioner's call?

The answer to this riddle is different from the answer to the original poem. However, if you solve either one you also solve the other.
"
kahzin wrote:
It's kinda hard to find a hint that brings you on the right track but doesn't spoil a major part of the riddle. I had another draft for the poem that I originally didn't intend to post and I'm still hesitating because I feel that it might be too easy.

When will he hear the executioner's call?

The answer to this riddle is different from the answer to the original poem. However, if you solve either one you also solve the other.

just answer, you might just be overthinking it
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
Greust

He'll hear the executioner's call as soon as GGG allows me to kick his over-salivating ass.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Last edited by viciousnugget on Jul 9, 2016, 7:21:11 AM
I think it could be inquisitor maligaro... not sure though. It would be fitting though.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
kaoms warriors somehow fit

they landed on strand, fought lioneye and the undead until kaoms took them to the mountain where he whent crazy and order them to become a sacrifice.

but they where not exiles.

i will go with grigor, he travels across wraeclass and now is a bloody mess waiting to die

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info