Riddle Me This! *SOLVED*

Yeah...no, there are too many answers that fit your "riddle"

Tolman, Hillock, Oak, Kraityn, various player characters

Pick a number between 1-100 isn't much of a riddle.

No offense or anything, I know you're trying. It's just more frustrating than fun. Once someone finds a "right" answer, they won't be able to see it differently.

Spoiler
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
1) A player that only knows the first act cannot solve the riddle

2) It's kinda hard to find a hint that brings you on the right track but doesn't spoil a major part of the riddle. I had another draft for the poem that I originally didn't intend to post and I'm still hesitating because I feel that it might be too easy.

Exiled for his crimes to a foreign land
Beginning his path on a twilighted strand.

Seeking rewards for him to survive
Now sentenced again to pay with his life.

First to fight, not ready to fall
When will he hear the executioner's call?

The answer to this riddle is different from the answer to the original poem. However, if you solve either one you also solve the other.

3) Players who speak a certain language are more likely to solve the riddle.

4) The answer is not a NPC

5) We're looking for a name

A playable character name that you won't find until after the 1st act. Assuming I speak the appropriate language and this isn't the name some random person gave their character I would say it's whatever the Scion's name is but you use 'he', 'him' and 'his' in your poem so that can't be it assuming you intentionally used those words.

Going to go with the name of an ascendancy class then, females being ruled out. The flavor text of a few ascendancy classes are somewhat similar to your poem so those will be my guesses.

Answer: Either the Champion, Slayer or Beserker ascendancy class.

E: Either that or it's the name of some non-character item in which case I probably won't know it.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Jul 15, 2016, 4:14:39 AM
"
Timewar9 wrote:
Yeah...no, there are too many answers that fit your "riddle"

Tolman, Hillock, Oak, Kraityn, various player characters

Pick a number between 1-100 isn't much of a riddle.

No offense or anything, I know you're trying. It's just more frustrating than fun. Once someone finds a "right" answer, they won't be able to see it differently.

You'd be surprised by the answer.

"
Is it Raulo / Fidelitas ? He's certainly sentenced again to pay with his life.

Or Maligaro? I think he was executed rather than exiled though.

No, I would consider both of them NPCs.
Since I'm bored, I'll dump some more thoughts. Nothing out of the box here, really. Just chewing on the riddle, this time line-by-line.

"

Just seems to be here for us to think about an exile in the usual sense. First line implying exile, second confirming it's an actual dude that Oriath decided to discard. Not some other kind of exile. Also the obvious information that we should be looking for a male exile.

"
Seeking rewards for him to survive
Now sentenced again to pay with his life.

I can only find three characters in the lore that somehow "seek rewards to survive". Chronologically the first one is Zerphi (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/History_of_Wraeclast#Atziri_and_Doryani). Inspired by him we have Atziri (URL: ditto). Finally, you could at least argue that Cadiro needs to haul in coins to survive, since he has some weird deal with Prospero. None of these fit very well with the first two lines. So an exile who's getting yet another sentence, and a more dire this time. Doesn't seem to fit anything I've thought of.

"
First to fight, not ready to fall
When will he hear the executioner's call?

Being stumped with the first two, this doesn't make much sense to me yet.
The only guy I can think of that kinda fits the riddle that hasn't been mentioned yet is Weylin, the dead poet dude in the lab.
http://www.twitch.tv/exhortatory
"
Suffiksi wrote:
Since I'm bored, I'll dump some more thoughts. Nothing out of the box here, really. Just chewing on the riddle, this time line-by-line.

"

Just seems to be here for us to think about an exile in the usual sense. First line implying exile, second confirming it's an actual dude that Oriath decided to discard. Not some other kind of exile. Also the obvious information that we should be looking for a male exile.

Okay let me push this on a bit. Yes, the peom is abount an ordinary exile like you or me. We're looking for an actual player, who is somehow integrated into the world of Wraeclast. And like every other exile, he's seeking rewards to survive in this dreadful land. And what does an exile like you or me do to get rewards?
Last edited by kahzin on Jul 15, 2016, 5:31:32 AM
We trade and use vendor recipes :-)
No Problem,
Exile
Sounds like it's a diamond supporter or something, and we need to guess their unique.

"
kahzin wrote:
And what does an exile like you or me do to get rewards?

We complete quests to get quest rewards.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jul 15, 2016, 7:27:47 AM
"
kahzin wrote:

Okay let me push this on a bit. Yes, the peom is abount an ordinary exile like you or me. We're looking for an actual player, who is somehow integrated into the world of Wraeclast. And like every other exile, he's seeking rewards to survive in this dreadful land. And what does an exile like you or me do to get rewards?

You're delusional. You and Me? I'm not an exile. You're not an exile. We're playing a fucking game in which our characters are. You're confusing the issue, perhaps intentionally.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
kahzin wrote:

You're delusional. You and Me? I'm not an exile. You're not an exile. We're playing a fucking game in which our characters are. You're confusing the issue, perhaps intentionally.

If you find this confusing you shouldn't post here in the first place. But let me try to explain it to you:
[Removed by Support]

On topic: In order to seek rewards in PoE you kill enemies. So my guess is that the story is about the fight between an exile and a certain enemy. My guess would be the name of a player who got his name into the game by designing a unique item.
Last edited by Sarah on Jul 15, 2016, 4:08:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info