Premium Tabs are pay to win

"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Every single freaking time someone post that it is against the TOS just proves how ignorant this community is, I'll break it down for you here:

You don't have to share your login information, ever, with these 3rd party tools, GGG created the bump key or session ID to allow these tools to work without ever needing your login information.

The default setting for procurement and acquisition asks for your log in credentials, not a bump key.

Maybe this is why this community is so "ignorant" - because they are expected to use 3rd party tools, instead of having a 1st party tool that isn't behind a pay wall. This is the definition of not being user friendly - another major disadvantage of using 3rd party tools over trade tabs.

But you now know it exists so your previous argument is invalid. You don't have to provide your login credentials and the 3rd party programs give you the same functionality, if not more for 0 cost. Both of which have been vetted by GGG.

That being said tons of people are using the premium tabs and not caring, if you play this game long enough to care about trading, dropping $20-25 for a few premium tabs is the least you can do.

Get off your fucking high horse I know you have premium tabs so what the hell are you even complaining about?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I have 52 premium tabs what did i win? and where can i claim my winnings?
Am i being scammed by ggg?
I demand my winnings!
[Removed by Support]

It's no longer ok to be a certain color

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Every single freaking time someone post that it is against the TOS just proves how ignorant this community is, I'll break it down for you here:

You don't have to share your login information, ever, with these 3rd party tools, GGG created the bump key or session ID to allow these tools to work without ever needing your login information.

The default setting for procurement and acquisition asks for your log in credentials, not a bump key.

Maybe this is why this community is so "ignorant" - because they are expected to use 3rd party tools, instead of having a 1st party tool that isn't behind a pay wall. This is the definition of not being user friendly - another major disadvantage of using 3rd party tools over trade tabs.

But you now know it exists so your previous argument is invalid. You don't have to provide your login credentials and the 3rd party programs give you the same functionality, if not more for 0 cost. Both of which have been vetted by GGG.

That being said tons of people are using the premium tabs and not caring, if you play this game long enough to care about trading, dropping $20-25 for a few premium tabs is the least you can do.

Get off your fucking high horse I know you have premium tabs so what the hell are you even complaining about?

Spending money because you want to support GGG, and spending money because the trade tabs are clearly the best option for trading, are two entirely different things.

And I disagree with "the least one can do" - lately, I don't feel GGG are putting forth the quality product anymore, but that's a different matter.

I'm complaining because there's this taboo of calling a horse a pig around here when it comes to P2W. It's P2W, get over it. It's not the end of the world.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Druga1757 wrote:

Spending money because you want to support GGG, and spending money because the trade tabs are clearly the best option for trading, are two entirely different things.

And I disagree with "the least one can do" - lately, I don't feel GGG are putting forth the quality product anymore, but that's a different matter.

I'm complaining because there's this taboo of calling a horse a pig around here when it comes to P2W. It's P2W, get over it. It's not the end of the world.

It isn't P2W, my God you would have to be a moron to dismiss the information provided so far, if you are saving literally seconds at best on the time it takes to list in game vs using acqusition, THEY PROVIDE THE SAME FUCKING FUNCTIONALITY.

THEY BOTH LIST ITEMS EITHER BY TAB OR INDIVIDUALLY, you just literally throw everything including the kitchen sink like "its against TOS" when proven wrong you just be like "well its still p2w"

No it isn't do you fucking pay attention at all? Are you really that incapable of seeing the information provided to you in front of your face.

Its almost like we used the free software for years and now all the sudden there is an option where you dont have to use the free software that it somehow becomes "necessary" to play the game. Really? THEY DO THE SAME THING.

You even acknowledge you have premium tabs or don't argue that fact so what purpose do you have to argue in this topic other then to create "chaos" I'll give you a hint you have no reason to argue and because you have no reason to argue you can't be reasoned with, as proven in the last page or two.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:

It isn't P2W, my God you would have to be a moron to dismiss the information provided so far, if you are saving literally seconds at best on the time it takes to list in game vs using acqusition, THEY PROVIDE THE SAME FUCKING FUNCTIONALITY.

THEY BOTH LIST ITEMS EITHER BY TAB OR INDIVIDUALLY, you just literally throw everything including the kitchen sink like "its against TOS" when proven wrong you just be like "well its still p2w"

No it isn't do you fucking pay attention at all? Are you really that incapable of seeing the information provided to you in front of your face.

Its almost like we used the free software for years and now all the sudden there is an option where you dont have to use the free software that it somehow becomes "necessary" to play the game. Really? THEY DO THE SAME THING.

You even acknowledge you have premium tabs or don't argue that fact so what purpose do you have to argue in this topic other then to create "chaos" I'll give you a hint you have no reason to argue and because you have no reason to argue you can't be reasoned with, as proven in the last page or two.

Because the free version is not part of the game. There is no equivalent functionality, ingame, for free. For a new player, acquisition or procurement don't even exist. The barrier of entry is higher for a newb learning the game in the first place. There are already many things in the game that could turn off a potential new player, this is just one more - and it's the only one behind a pay wall.

A new player is given 4 tabs, at least there is some correlation there - you want more of something you already have ingame - available for a price. But, you want to list items to trade? Well, nothing ingame exists for that, but hey, there's trade tabs for a price.

The free version involves now downloading 3rd party software (as opposed to poe.trade which is browser based). It asks for your credentials - again, this is a new player, who doesn't even know the bump key exists. This sequence of steps is not a good way to sell the game to a new player.

That is why it's P2W. You're looking at it from a person who has seen it from the beginning. To a new player, (like in the OP), they haven't seen it from the beginning. They only see what's here, now - ingame trade functionality behind a pay wall.

in the game of trolls no one wins, GET IT!?
no one wins sorry for spoilers
"
Druga1757 wrote:

That is why it's P2W. You're looking at it from a person who has seen it from the beginning. To a new player, (like in the OP), they haven't seen it from the beginning. They only see what's here, now - ingame trade functionality behind a pay wall.

Except for a well informed player would know alternatives exists, its not like you know about the paid function because GGG pushes it down your throat.

Just because a tool is available outside of the game that does the same thing doesn't exclude it from being a viable alternative. Again you are arguing for no reason, much like the whole topic is argued for no reason.

GGG is going to do what the hell they want with premium tabs and what not anyway. I think initially it was because they wanted less people using it to test it out fully, but it also has to do with premium tabs providing the renaming feature, if GGG were to do away with regular tabs altogether that could be an option, but it isn't necessary as proven by many fucking years of the same system being used.

FeelsBadMan

"
jackof8lades wrote:
I demand my winnings!

But do you have also the pay-to-win fireworks? Only with fireworks you can get a 6-link in under 100 fuse.

"
Druga1757 wrote:
Because the free version is not part of the game. There is no equivalent functionality, ingame, for free. For a new player, acquisition or procurement don't even exist.

There is - manually creating a shop in trade forum is part of the game. It's kinda clumsy, but so are regular tabs vs premium tabs. You pay for convenience.

Funny tho, the "hub" that ties all this trading together (poe.trade), is also not a part of the game! So premium stash tabs are actually "pay to win with 3rd party software" :)

srs, this debate... Give five dolla to GGG and stop this charade -_-
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jun 29, 2016, 2:49:56 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:

Except for a well informed player would know alternatives exists, its not like you know about the paid function because GGG pushes it down your throat.

Just because a tool is available outside of the game that does the same thing doesn't exclude it from being a viable alternative. Again you are arguing for no reason, much like the whole topic is argued for no reason.

GGG is going to do what the hell they want with premium tabs and what not anyway. I think initially it was because they wanted less people using it to test it out fully, but it also has to do with premium tabs providing the renaming feature, if GGG were to do away with regular tabs altogether that could be an option, but it isn't necessary as proven by many fucking years of the same system being used.

There's a link ingame directly to the cash shop.

And being outside the game is the biggest reason why it is not an alternative. Again, it's about the barrier of entry - a new player simply has no way to know the option exists. The paid option, which is linked directly ingame, is the most immediate way for a player to find out about trade tabs.

And of course GGG will do what they do. I'm not here arguing that GGG shouldn't have trade tabs. I'm pointing out that newly added ingame functionality is exclusively behind a paywall, which is bad for a new player, and if GGG cares about it, their "image" of a totally free to play game with no "P2W".

"
morbo wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:
I demand my winnings!

But do you have also the pay-to-win fireworks? Only with fireworks you can get a 6-link in under 100 fuse.

"
Druga1757 wrote:
Because the free version is not part of the game. There is no equivalent functionality, ingame, for free. For a new player, acquisition or procurement don't even exist.

There is - manually creating a shop in trade forum is part of the game. It's kinda clumsy, but so are regular tabs vs premium tabs. You pay for convenience.

Funny tho, the "hub" that ties all this trading together (poe.trade), is also not a part of the game! So premium stash tabs are actually "pay to win with 3rd party software" :)

srs, this debate... Give five dolla to GGG and stop this charade -_-

Paying for convenience is pay to win.

If you implemented automatic 6 linking to be bought in the cash shop, I could argue that anyone can achieve 6 links if they invest enough time, thus it's not a pay to win option. Legitimately anyone can do it if enough time is invested.

However, you and everyone else would argue it's pay to win. Tabs are the same thing, just to a lesser degree. They are pay to win, no matter what anyone tries to argue or say. They save time, just not as much time as other potential cash items could.
Last edited by allbusiness on Jun 29, 2016, 3:08:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info