Premium Tabs are pay to win

"
Necromael wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
Damn, all this time before P2W tabs, I was manually editing a meagre shop on the forum, while the rest of the playerbase was using Acquisition and god knows what other tools, to win much faster than I could win manually... :(

Haha.. well I'm gonna start using acquisition again. None of this "you've been listing xyz for 2 months sell it cheap" crap - acquisition dont play that. And Aim definite don't play that.

Premium tabs are a liability in two ways I've learned. (could be more)

Cant disable shop tabs instantly takes days to stop appearing making standard to ladder switching full of annoying requests where u do not reside.

People know how long item has been for sale and can low ball you with that info

Isn't lowballing justified if your item is standing and not being sold for 3 months? Market is dynamic, not static.

Market is dynamic for common items but I was selling a 600es shield and listed at a fair price not willing to go down - rather use it than be low balled is all.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 29, 2016, 7:17:31 AM
"
Druga1757 wrote:

Trade tabs save me time. It's no different than paying for xp boosts. F2P games make their money by putting in time sinks, then selling short cuts around those time sinks. And trading in PoE is a time sink.

selling stuff is a option to advance faster. so how much of a time sink is it?

for me it's a fact that for competitional players, selling stuff below 3c is a waste of time which interrupts your game more than it's worth (i do it anyway because i don't play much and don't min/max my efforts).

so how many items worth more than 3 chaos do you find per hour and how much longer does it take to click on acqusition on the second screen to post it than throwing it into the 3c-tab?
not really much of an advantage in my eyes. wouldn't call 20 seconds/hours played a time sink.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
SudianX wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Automated trade will never happen, don't get your hopes up for a system that GGG explicitly stated won't happen.

I will never give up my hope for it!

GGG also said they would never sell things that are P2W, but the stash tabs certainly feel that way to me.

It only feels that way because you aren't willing to likely even spend $20 on a game you've played for 3 years. Not that you have to, but it does make life just a little bit easier.

The "winning" term has been defined multiple times, premium tabs don't do anything really that the free alternatives do. Additional stash space can be mitigated by the 24 character slots GGG gives you for free.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
vio wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:

Trade tabs save me time. It's no different than paying for xp boosts. F2P games make their money by putting in time sinks, then selling short cuts around those time sinks. And trading in PoE is a time sink.

selling stuff is a option to advance faster. so how much of a time sink is it?

for me it's a fact that for competitional players, selling stuff below 3c is a waste of time which interrupts your game more than it's worth (i do it anyway because i don't play much and don't min/max my efforts).

so how many items worth more than 3 chaos do you find per hour and how much longer does it take to click on acqusition on the second screen to post it than throwing it into the 3c-tab?
not really much of an advantage in my eyes. wouldn't call 20 seconds/hours played a time sink.

If you're a free-to-play player with only 4 stash tabs, how do you have enough tabs to even have a 3c tab?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

I don't get why people consider Acquisition to be a valid solution to trading? How is having to rely on third party software a good solution?
"
I don't get why people consider Acquisition to be a valid solution to trading? How is having to rely on third party software a good solution?

Because it literally does the same thing that the "paid" solution that GGG has created so far does.

Why do people think the only acceptable solution to something is 1st party, when time and time again people have proven that 3rd party solutions can do it as well if not better then first party, especially in instances where it isn't the "primary" focus like actually developing the game.

FeelsBadMan

To say tabs aren't p2w is to ignore their appeal in terms of why they sell in the first place. There's an incentive to purchase them at all because they give you an advantage you didn't have before buying them and this advantage has a large enough qualitative difference relative to the free options that the incentive still exists even though the alternatives these upgrades are in competition with are free.

If those free options were truly as good then people wouldn't buy stash tab upgrades so ubiquitously and instead these threads would contain a large percent of responses saying something to the effect of 'why do you waste money on stash tab upgrades, just use the x free option' very similar to if someone were trying to argue alternative skill effects mtx or armour skins somehow gave an advantage. No body is doing that because there is no qualitative difference between the free base skill or armour effect and the mtx one.

And I'm not saying tabs being a little p2w is bad, I could give a shit either way, but let's at least be honest about it.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"

Because it literally does the same thing that the "paid" solution that GGG has created so far does.

Why do people think the only acceptable solution to something is 1st party, when time and time again people have proven that 3rd party solutions can do it as well if not better then first party, especially in instances where it isn't the "primary" focus like actually developing the game.

Because this third party solution requires your login credentials, which is against the TOS:

https://www.pathofexile.com/legal/terms-of-use-and-privacy-policy

"
15. Confidentiality of Passwords: You must keep all password and login information associated with your Member Account confidential and not disclose such information to any third party or allow a third party access to your Member Account without first obtaining Grinding Gear Games’ written consent. You will be solely responsible for all activities undertaken and/or costs incurred under the use of your password and login. You must notify Grinding Gear Games immediately if you know or suspect that your Member Account has been accessed by a third party or your login or password details have been, or may have been, obtained by a third party.

"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"

Because this third party solution requires your login credentials, which is against the TOS:

https://www.pathofexile.com/legal/terms-of-use-and-privacy-policy

"
15. Confidentiality of Passwords: You must keep all password and login information associated with your Member Account confidential and not disclose such information to any third party or allow a third party access to your Member Account without first obtaining Grinding Gear Games’ written consent. You will be solely responsible for all activities undertaken and/or costs incurred under the use of your password and login. You must notify Grinding Gear Games immediately if you know or suspect that your Member Account has been accessed by a third party or your login or password details have been, or may have been, obtained by a third party.

Every single freaking time someone post that it is against the TOS just proves how ignorant this community is, I'll break it down for you here:

You don't have to share your login information, ever, with these 3rd party tools, GGG created the bump key or session ID to allow these tools to work without ever needing your login information.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:

Every single freaking time someone post that it is against the TOS just proves how ignorant this community is, I'll break it down for you here:

You don't have to share your login information, ever, with these 3rd party tools, GGG created the bump key or session ID to allow these tools to work without ever needing your login information.

The default setting for procurement and acquisition asks for your log in credentials, not a bump key.

Maybe this is why this community is so "ignorant" - because they are expected to use 3rd party tools, instead of having a 1st party tool that isn't behind a pay wall. This is the definition of not being user friendly - another major disadvantage of using 3rd party tools over trade tabs.

Last edited by Druga1757 on Jun 29, 2016, 12:23:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info