It's time for preleveled/preascended characters to enter the shop or be made available somehow.

"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
bored, Pyro?

Yes! You?

Spoiler
Johnkeys for president.

Anyways, i understand that my suggestion , as many people mentioned, is "slightly" p2w like stashtabs. If you can come up with any way to do this that's less p2w than stashtabs and can be realistically implemented into the game, let me know and i'll put it in the OP.

"slightly", yes.

so I think a better approach would be these wonderful shop sales:

1) pre-leveled 95 chars (@Morbo, thanks!). or pay a bit less for cheap version level 80. depending on budget.

2) Currency Tab bundle. meaning Currency Tab that comes with Orbs pre-loaded with either "crafter pack" (a few thousand Chaos, a few thousand Fusings, Regals, Alterations etc') or "trader starter pack" of an equivalent number Exalts and a Mirror or two.

3) The grand End Game bundle. easy linear high-tier maps with non-threatening bosses, already pre-rolled with pack size for maximum EXP and RNG rolls.
disclaimer: crazy-hard doomsday-bossed rare maps with -max and reflect and extra monster crit, are not part of this bundle.
these can be purchased in the "masochist bundle" next week.

Haha, yea. Pretty funny. It wasn't a challenge directed at you btw. I said that for everyone. If you guys have any suggestions post them and i will put them in the OP.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
I'm not sure how I feel about it, I certainly wouldn't buy any characters because I don't think it is worth the investment. Pay to win as a concept though kind of exists in path of exile because of stash tabs. We don't even need to talk about the public options they put on premium tabs, just having more stash tabs. More stash tabs means less time muling accounts/players, less pressure to vendor things or trade all the time, and the ability to hoard. Whats not to like, and how isn't this a clear advantage over everybody else?

Characters are a little bit different in that everybody has equal opportunity to them, unlike extra stash tabs. It follows that if you dismiss it from hardcore (which is meant to be a struggle) and the racing aspects of leagues (before the first person hits level 100 in a league, mostly) then it is mostly just convenience.

Where do I draw the line with pay to win?
1. If GGG starts selling in game items that are not cosmetics e.g. currency, gear, anything really
2. If GGG implements a pay wall to access content -- there is a caveat to this one, pay walls in subscription based games can simply be expansion content, but in the free to play model it doesn't fit
3. If paid services interfere at all with the competitive nature of the game

See, now number 3 is where it can get tricky, but if you wait til the race to 100 is over and exclude hardcore, it can be a viable decision. Or just run it entirely in standard and leave the leagues alone.
Last edited by ghoulavenger on Jun 25, 2016, 6:33:56 PM
The only way they could do this and no one would really care, would be NOT to sell them, but offer them as an option in any league where you have at least 1 level 90 character. There would be consequences though.

The first being that regret orbs would become nearly worthless.
The second being any new player who came late to the league would be forced to solo.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Many players have issues with the labyrinth

maybe they should L2P

"
Pyrokar wrote:
others are exhausted from doing the same acts over and over again

maybe they shouldn't play leagues
"
DarkWap wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Many players have issues with the labyrinth

maybe they should L2P

"
Pyrokar wrote:
others are exhausted from doing the same acts over and over again

maybe they shouldn't play leagues

Maybe you should stop being so uptight about it and see the problems from their point of view, I sincerely hope that you posted disregarding that, if not please elaborate on real solutions, not "hunches" shared on a whim...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Like I said, I doubt this would ever happen. I just don't see a good reason it shouldn't.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
It's amazing that people, since they have no actual arguments against this, are simply exaggerating things to the most ridiculously asinine degree imaginable and pretending that these new silly new positions are an argument against the original idea. That's not how it works.

"Hey guys, let's introduce speed limits. That way people won't all go super fast and get in accidents. We could maybe set the limit for residential zones at 35 MPH and highways at 70 MPH."

"Speed limits of 35 and 70? That's a fucking stupid idea. You might as well just set all the speed limits at 2 MPH! Then nobody would ever get anywhere at all! Doesn't 2 MPH sound really dumb? Of course it does, so clearly the actual idea you presented is a terrible one!"

Don't make slippery slope and straw man arguments. See if you can find a valid argument against the idea that was actually proposed. Note that I'm not saying there aren't any valid arguments against it. I'm just saying that making an argument against something entirely different is not an argument against this idea.
Last edited by Jennik on Jun 25, 2016, 1:06:02 PM
Poor incentives for GGG to improve the leveling experience if it pisses off so many people. GGG still thinks about gameplay and it will generally don't do stuff that skips gameplay (except with things like portals in side areas that get empty after completing them), so I doubt it will happen.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Jennik wrote:
It's amazing that people, since they have no actual arguments against this, are simply exaggerating things to the most ridiculously asinine degree imaginable and pretending that these new silly new positions are an argument against the original idea. That's not how it works.

"Hey guys, let's introduce speed limits. That way people won't all go super fast and get in accidents. We could maybe set the limit for residential zones at 35 MPH and highways at 70 MPH."

"Speed limits of 35 and 70? That's a fucking stupid idea. You might as well just set all the speed limits at 2 MPH! Then nobody would ever get anywhere at all! Doesn't 2 MPH sound really dumb? Of course it does, so clearly the actual idea you presented is a terrible one!"

Don't make slippery slope and straw man arguments. See if you can find a valid argument against the idea that was actually proposed. Note that I'm not saying there aren't any valid arguments against it. I'm just saying that making an argument against something entirely different is not an argument against this idea.

That's why I pointed them out as False Equivalence earlier. You take two things and make them sound alike, even though they aren't. Common fallacy--especially in this thread, it seems.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
The only false equivalence in this BS idea thread: "PoE is already Pay-to-win, so might as well go full retard Pay-to-win".

I'm sincerely surprised at OP suggesting such a horrible idea and not understanding it's slippery-slope and implications it would have for the game.

GGG would have no incentive to fix anything (levelling process, Lab, etc.) or make it better, if they would just sell progress that would circumvent the said content. In fact it would be their incentive to make the game worse, if buying "booster packages" to skip the annoying parts of the game, would become a monetizing mechanic.

Why boost to level 60, why not 70 where you can equip all the gear, or level 80 where your tree becomes completely shaped? From there to lvl 90 it's a small boost of just $9.99 dolla...

Such a fucking horrible idea, I cant even believe it's being seriously discussed.. -_-
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jun 26, 2016, 2:49:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info