I feel like we're being a little too harsh to GGG

"
raics wrote:
"
Antaiseito wrote:
Just wanted to say that with my old PC, performance with the steam client is abysmal. So i switched back to the standalone client.

Maybe some thousand other players, too?

Could be, we can't really make any definite conclusions without numbers from all clients and realms.

However, unreliable numbers aside, there's one thing that concerns me - it's the shape of the graph, numbers show the amount and shape shows tendencies. So, if you check the steam chart you notice one thing, for previous content releases the player bleed curve was convex and it was definitely concave for Ascendancy.

So what could that mean?

I'm no data analyst, but it might be something like this:
convex curve - players bleed away after completing their goal in new league, whatever it may be
concave curve - players dip their fingers in, go 'eek, cold' and drop out

Oh yes, I'm far from completely discrediting steam charts - you can get some meaningful info from them. It's just as with all other recurrent forum threads (forum vs. reddit, steam charts, love/hate lab, nerf FOTM items/skills and so on) - they are usually split in two opposing factions with extreme views while reality isn't so black and white.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
All those years of development. Average player base flat. Current state of the game is the crappiest it has ever been. GG.
"
Antaiseito wrote:
"
raics wrote:
I'm no data analyst, but it might be something like this:
convex curve - players bleed away after completing their goal in new league, whatever it may be
concave curve - players dip their fingers in, go 'eek, cold' and drop out

Sounds quite right, but notice that the concave curve started much higher than the previous convex curves and then kinda balanced out with previous curves.

Seems to me on first glance that it was rather more hype/public spotlight than before, so more people tried the game at once at the start of a new league.

Yeah, there's that too. Well, it's easier to catch a greased eel than draw a good conclusion from incomplete statistics.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jun 21, 2016, 5:18:09 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:
PoE players fluctuate between a piss poor 4k to 16k/day on steam depending on time of league.

No. Learn the difference between concurrent players and daily players.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:
PoE players fluctuate between a piss poor 4k to 16k/day on steam depending on time of league.

That's average player on at any given point of the day. Please learn how to read. /sigh

Using total player logged in even for 1 second for that day to evaluate the active/average players is so retarded I dont know what's the point.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jun 21, 2016, 11:10:42 AM
The biggest reason things get so hostile and out of control is that GGG doesnt communicate with the players anymore. So ofc. ppl are disappointed.

If you want a chance of any communication you have to go to reddit.
over 14 day not playing game crash and freeze still any fix

oh btw my title say grand master supporter but in return ggg give me any support song fair to you ? i guess i`m suppose to be happy yeaaaa /facepalm
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
Last edited by charley222 on Jun 21, 2016, 11:13:17 AM
I don't know much about steam. That list of games somebody posted has Grim Dawn on it. Last time I looked into playing that game it was only available on steam and had no stand alone client. Is it still that way? How many of those other games are only available on steam? Just saying lists that have 100% of the players of some games and a portion of players of other games are pretty meaningless.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
I don't know much about steam. That list of games somebody posted has Grim Dawn on it. Last time I looked into playing that game it was only available on steam and had no stand alone client. Is it still that way? How many of those other games are only available on steam? Just saying lists that have 100% of the players of some games and a portion of players of other games are pretty meaningless.

Steam charts are used to see a trend... as a micro for a bigger picture.

It's just math. Using the actual steam chart number the average PoE players playing on steam client fluctuates from 4k to 16k, it will roughly show the same trend for the standalone players. Basically when steam shows a loss of player base, this means a lost of player base for standalone as well as overall...

Nothing's more retarded to assume that a 75% steam average players figure drop means poe gained 75% of standalone players at the same time. The funny thing is that there used to be whiteknights that argue exactly this... which is so stupid I am speechless.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jun 21, 2016, 11:53:30 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

That's average player on at any given point of the day. Please learn how to read. /sigh

Using total player logged in even for 1 second for that day to evaluate the active/average players is so retarded I dont know what's the point.

You said 4k-16k per day, I read it correctly. You still have to explain how that is "piss poor" because GGG as a company has been quite successful.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info