its funny what power/wealth does to people

Real world examples don't matter because people are anonymous. Calling them dbags or not, you can't fight human nature by trying to shame anonymous strangers, or appeal to the good will of total strangers. Unless they add seller ratings or add options to exclude nicknames, there will always be non compliant traders. People do whatever they want now with their items and tabs because they CAN.

"
The issue isn't people who are too sheltered to know how the real world works; it's people who actually do know how the real world works, and expect the PoE community to work the same way.

You probably need to manage your expectations if you don't want to be constantly disappointed, because a computer game community != real life community.
"
hoyke wrote:
You probably need to manage your expectations if you don't want to be constantly disappointed, because a computer game community != real life community.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, it's probably better to believe in people and get disappointed than the alternative. As long as you don't let it get to you much, that is, it's possible to believe in an idea and still accept reality, just takes more practice.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Those talking about how "in the real world" this happens and that happens - I'm just going to say that your responses demonstrate my point re: your expectations and sense of entitlement.

Good luck out there.
Last edited by Unknown_User on Jun 23, 2016, 12:24:01 AM
The problem is GGG is trying to create an economy-centered game WITHOUT any ratings, reputation, or buyer/seller feedback.

Could you imagine how fucked up ebay would be without buyer/seller feedback? It would be a dysfunctional cesspool, kind of like trading in PoE is now.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
I'm loaded now, but I haven't changed at all. Same guy with a fatter wallet.
"
vio wrote:
it's a trade implementation issue.

if somebody is online with a character in a specific league, poe.trade should only list the items in this specific league.

+1 to this. Just a simple option for crosstrades (deactivated by default), which prevents you from being listed as online in any other league than you're currently really play.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Unknown_User wrote:
Those talking about how "in the real world" this happens and that happens - I'm just going to say that your responses demonstrate my point re: your expectations and sense of entitlement.

In which sense? I've gotten a better trading experience in the meanest of fleamarkets than in here, especially since players aren't really up for haggling most of the time, must be a cultural thing.

"
Vhlad wrote:
The problem is GGG is trying to create an economy-centered game WITHOUT any ratings, reputation, or buyer/seller feedback.

Could you imagine how fucked up ebay would be without buyer/seller feedback? It would be a dysfunctional cesspool, kind of like trading in PoE is now.

please do not compare real life with poe. never!

it just never applies because this is a game where scamming has no real life consequences in difference to scamming people on ebay.

for a game your suggested reputation system just makes matters worse, because:

1.) it allows malicious players to build up trust before they strike hard and continue the same with their next account.

2.) it allows people to blackmail each other (pay 10 chaos or i get you on the no-trade list with the help of my "friends").

3.) it makes it difficult for new players to start trading because people will prefer accounts with a long and clean trading history.

with reputation systems, the overall damage to the game will be much higher and ggg would be forced to invest precious support time to hunt these accounts down to no avail.
my reasons are selfish, i rather want them to invest into more dev power to improve the game faster than waste money on mods who investigate kids withchunting each other.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
please do not compare real life with poe. never!

it just never applies because this is a game where scamming has no real life consequences in difference to scamming people on ebay.

for a game your suggested reputation system just makes matters worse, because:

1.) it allows malicious players to build up trust before they strike hard and continue the same with their next account.

2.) it allows people to blackmail each other (pay 10 chaos or i get you on the no-trade list with the help of my "friends").

3.) it makes it difficult for new players to start trading because people will prefer accounts with a long and clean trading history.

with reputation systems, the overall damage to the game will be much higher and ggg would be forced to invest precious support time to hunt these accounts down to no avail.
my reasons are selfish, i rather want them to invest into more dev power to improve the game faster than waste money on mods who investigate kids withchunting each other.

Its 2nd time I read post of urs in which you simply protecting abusers and do not want to change anything. In one of urs comments u even made from damaged one an aggressor. R u paid by ggg or have u some or expecting some special treatment or gaining some prestige or have u something that average player dont have?

Each game is part of real life. On each side of computer is sitting human being. Each confrontation with human has impact on human behavior and his feelings (real life) no matter if u see him or not.

Reputation system is and seems always be great thing and makes nothing worse as u r suggesting here and will make no damage to game. There is no reason to hunt accounts as u suggesting if reputation system is on place. Dont u realize that most of urs decision in ur life are based on reputation?

to ur points

ad 1) u can vote from some level as u can trade from some level.

ad 2) I really doubt that some psychopath will pay to normal person to do that as reputation system from this trade will kill his own reputation rapidly and sooner or later people who accepted such offer gonna leave that guy as they will feel bad as abused or prostitutes.

ad 3) Each reputation starts somewhere. For many most important is price. After he get good price, his reputation can grow. Reputation comes after price in many cases.
Reputation normally works fairly well because it takes a very long time to establish. However reputation systems don't, or at least I never saw one that does, it's way too easy to fake.

Last edited by raics on Jun 23, 2016, 7:54:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info