its funny what power/wealth does to people

I was buying maps few days 5x per day.

Some people responded they play league and they wont switch. I asked them to write my name on paper and when they switch to contact me. It worked once for few.

When people responded that they r not selling their maps I asked them to remove it from poe trade due taking entry for another seller or put high price on so I wont contact them in future. That worked for many too. But once I got respond: "I can do whatever I want." :))

When I was going through list for long time suddenly once guy responded: "stop spamming me all day" :D.

Nevertheless there were few players online non stop with 10 maps who not responds at all and took entries and opportunity for players who really wanted to sell their goods. If on poe trade web page would be filter to exclude by nickname, maybe trading behave of many players would change and buyers have more and better opportunity to buy what they need.
Last edited by Rexeos on Jun 21, 2016, 6:43:14 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
>power/wealth
>ring for 2ex... in std

I don't see the train of thought here.
"900 runs Vol - 1 brittle emperor and 0 exalted orbs. that game best for slave. best for spend time."
-1ndig0
I'm not sure why people feel entitled to a response.

Kind of sucks to not get one, but, yeah, this thread smacks more of entitlement (ironic given the title) than anything else.

Nobody really owes you anything. If you think people are douchebags because they don't act in accordance with your sensibilities, I think you might be in for an awakening should you ever be forced to interact with the real world (though I suspect for many complaining about sellers' behavior that's unlikely since mommy and daddy's money or social status probably buys or otherwise provides them with a corresponding level of shelter).
Last edited by Unknown_User on Jun 21, 2016, 5:31:25 PM
The problem I have with people offering in regular HC while playing ladder... The last time I switched, they offer is atleast 2-3ex less then worth. I probably should not list any offer tab's and only b/o ones.
"
Unknown_User wrote:
I think you might be in for an awakening should you ever be forced to interact with the real world.

When you're browsing the online ads to buy, say, a set of secondhand car speakers, it's natural to expect some kind of response when you call or send a mail inquiring about them. I think it's fairly logical, the ad exists because someone wants to sell the speakers and contact info exists because he wants to hear from you.

Now, both of those conclusions are based on one assumption - that you're dealing with an adult human being that means what he says, not an irresponsible douchebag. Seeing that the number of irresponsible douchebag sellers is much lower in reality than in virtuality, that's most likely where his expectations came from, he expects a decent mercantile interaction because that's what he's used to in the real world.

In other words, if you don't feel like you deserve an answer it means you assume in advance you're dealing with a douchebag, and that doesn't mean people are assholes, it means you're a sociopath.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jun 21, 2016, 6:04:57 PM
IRL, the things a seller is advertising for sale have a real world value. So a seller is obviously going to be far more likely to respond than sellers of valueless pixels in video games.

Just the way she goes.
"
IRL, the things a seller is advertising for sale have a real world value. So a seller is obviously going to be far more likely to respond than sellers of valueless pixels in video games.

Just the way she goes.

It doesn't really have much to do with the nature of merchandise, real merchandise has real value and virtual merchandise has virtual value, both have a cost in time and effort (which is the reason RMT exists), if virtual doodads had no value nobody would waste his time on selling them.

But there's one thing, the timespan. It's longer in RL, you generally don't expect an answer right away, the seller might be busy with something and he also knows you will most likely wait if you're really interested, so he might get back to you in a couple of hours or more. However, if the seller expects to be real busy for a few weeks and unable to respond to his buyers or meet them to show the merchandise or discuss it, he will not place the ad in the first place, because that would be irresponsible.

And that's why this thread exists in the first place, people know they will be busy but they don't give a rat's. I'm playing both perma and temps and have a few knicknacks to sell in both, also forgot to remove them a few times so I've been switching accounts for an alch or a few alts sometimes. Nobody cares about a few alts but it was my fault in the first place so the hassle should also be mine.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jun 21, 2016, 6:35:13 PM
If they pm me I'll always sell it. Fixed Price helps woth alot of these currency headaches. If they really want it they can wait 5-10 mins. to finish something I'm doing.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
Unknown_User wrote:
I'm not sure why people feel entitled to a response.

Kind of sucks to not get one, but, yeah, this thread smacks more of entitlement (ironic given the title) than anything else.

Nobody really owes you anything. If you think people are douchebags because they don't act in accordance with your sensibilities, I think you might be in for an awakening should you ever be forced to interact with the real world (though I suspect for many complaining about sellers' behavior that's unlikely since mommy and daddy's money or social status probably buys or otherwise provides them with a corresponding level of shelter).

I think you have some major projection going on here. lol

You dont reply or even AFK all the time IRL you go out of business quick. In IRL word travels fast unlike anonymity of internet.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 21, 2016, 8:35:50 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
You dont reply or even AFK all the time IRL you go out of business quick. In IRL word travels fast unlike anonymity of internet.

Also, if you knowingly advertise something for sale, and you don't intend to sell it for that price, you are breaking the law.
And even if you're just selling something on an online auction site, if you are a bad trader you will get lots of negative feedback and nobody will want to trade with you.

I think Aim_Deep is right, Unknown_User. The issue isn't people who are too sheltered to know how the real world works; it's people who actually do know how the real world works, and expect the PoE community to work the same way.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info