PSA: CoC is getting rekt in 2.4.0

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I dont think the problem with discharge is coc, I think the problem with coc is discharge, the problem with mjolner is discharge, discharge is the problem and what needs sorted out.

They can destroy coc, mjolner, jugger charge gaining and outlaw all manner of charge effecting uniques to the end of time or they can just fix discharge, as in stop allowing it to work with triggers like they should have done right from the off the way they did with flameblast, tendris etc etc. Solved, now you dont need to touch anything else. But let me guess, they would rather fuck everything else up and keep discharge working with triggers right? Right....

:picard:

Your pretty much as always dead spot on... They are basically about to destroy an entire LIST of balance COC builds just to adjust one.. and at the end of the day all nerfing COC is going to do is force EVERYONE to run COC Discharge or nothing at all.. Because Discharge COC is the one that is broken.. And its only really broken because of a certain ammy that should have never seen the light of day in the first place.

APS is also a huge issue and would fix a shit ton of issues with not only COC but Melee as well. If they would adjust APS across the board on the tree and toned the shit down they could effectively buff Melee across the board and make it atleast worth doing again. Right now the only way to enjoy melee is to stack so much attack speed you break the attack animations. I mean come on... 16-20 Attacks Per Second? How the hell is that even possible? WHY is that even possible? It makes no sense. But right now if you dont stack APS like that and AOE then you might as well not waste your time with it. And even then only a handful of skills are worth doing anyway.

But as always the real problems will be ignored and they will nerf something like the COC gem so a list of builds are made worthless to STILL end up with a broken COC Discharge build left to contend with... Then and ONLY then will they finally do something about COC Discharge but only after they destroy a shit ton of other builds and then leave it that way.. Seen it too many times before now.. Ive just got used to it being this way.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jul 4, 2016, 6:40:36 PM
My CoC was a destroyer! RIP CoC
I'd have to agree with a lot in this thread.

Never been a CoC fan and never will be, yet the problem lay with a few spells and their combination with CoC rather than CoC itself.

Discharge / BV am looking at you boyos!
I know! Whenever I see CoC discharge, I'm like, "whoa! things are gonna get messy!"
Coc discharge is not THAT op.

The most broken shit atm is coc BF/ek or BV poison
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Jul 4, 2016, 11:34:46 PM
"
I guess if they nerf CoC chris can spin it as a game performance improvement - 'significant improvements to fps and party play'

hahaha

Seriously though,
I don't think GGG grasp some of the important 'fun' reasons some people like to play CoC builds.
Even if selfcast has numerous examples of superior clearspeed I don't usually stick with them for very long because they are boring.

CoC builds are more engaging and dont put me to sleep like self cast single spell builds do, there are some really weird but real reasons for this:

+ CoC builds exhibit a slot-machine like behavior that is satisfying when the numbers align and you get a good stream of procs.

+ Even when a CoC build has not quite hit its stride and its procrate is bad and extra streaky, it still manages to be engaging (and offers some very clear feedback the build needs further tuning)

+ Very aesthetically pleasing visual feedback and reinforcement when the build gets strong and the proc rate rng-ness hits its stride.

+ If you have more than 1 spell triggering off of CoC, the visual stimulus combined with the rng-ness of multiple spells triggering in irregular patterns adds additional visual interest and customization.

I play this game first and foremost to have fun and watch cool stuff happen onscreen without getting bored, and CoC build variants for me tend to deliver that satisfaction better than most builds.
If GGG thinks too many people play CoC, then maybe they need to work a bit harder on making the rest of it more 'fun'. Build diversity partly sucks because some of the options are boring as hell to play.

Agree with that. Since I really tried cyclone/CoC something, I can't go backward. Every other kind of gameplay seem boring to me right now.
Like always they'll certainly ruin totally the skill (I remember the first heavy nerf that make me cry : Flicker Strike CB and his heavy supra nerf.), like 50% less internal proc, less base chance to proc... Yeah ! It begin seriously to upset me. I don't play CoC because it's OP I play CoC because it's FUN !
... nothing

CoC is fun, I agree.

Blowing stuff away is always fun!

My first Atziri CoC run I ever did will stay in my gaming memory forever.

Just blitzing through those packs of monsters like a white hot knife through butter was incredibly satisfying.

The sensation of watching it happen on the screen as you whirled through stuff ... oh boy!

A really good well put together CoC char is fantastic to play.

Everyone should try it at least once before it gets nerfed into the dust, imo.

automated skills are bad.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
If CoC is nerfed then another build will rise, i saw the comeback of an amazing sparkler in maps yesterday, 6 player party on t11 and the is spark totem build was cleaning everything..
GGG going full feminist. use your cocs while you can before they get cut off!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info