Mechanical Questions Thread

1) It is well known that when you use a skill, the critical strike chance is rolled, if it rolls successfully, that ENTIRE single use of the attack is a critical. Assassin's Mark causes the enemies affected by it to have an additional chance to be critically hit. My question is: how is this taken into account for the critical strike roll of the skill? If you have a 50% crit chance and an additional 5% on an enemy, does it just treat your cast/use as having a 55% chance to crit? What happens if Assassin's Mark is only on a few enemies of an entire group that you hit; would it crit only some? (this seems impossible due to the way the crit is rolled). Does it only need to roll the crit on one enemy and then the skill is made to crit everything?

2) This has some issue relating to question 1. If I equip Marylene's Fallacy (40% less crit strike chance), does that affect the additional chance from Assassin's Mark?
Hi, i have a question. Inspirational in a subclass Champion has text: You and nearby Allies deal 35% increased Damage. So is this will work twice on warchief totems?
"
"
CruelFish wrote:
Hi, not knowing about this thread I decided to ask support and they told me to make a reply here instead!

Frost Walls created by you or your allies are now no longer considered enemies for the purposes of projectile collision detection (your projectiles will not collide with your own Frost Wall). This intentionally fixes the exploit case where a player stacks many Frost Walls around a boss and uses a skill like Piercing Lightning Arrow to trigger an excessive amount of hits.

How about frostwalls created by a trap, mine or a totem? They are not considered you for unstable infusion (I think) and I freaking love the interraction of the walls.

Traps and mines are considered allies.

Hey,

I wanted to do an EA character but don't like the weapon swap.

So now just to be clear, will explosive arrows stuck on the new frost wall or just ignore it and go through ?
"
ClickerPro wrote:
Does "Cast when Damage Taken Support" spells count as actually casting a spell for the purpose of the Sorcerer - Elementalist ascendancy, Mastermind of Discord?

"
Raghin wrote:
Does Orb of Storms Arc lightning when any of the Trigger Cast gems are triggered?
[also Mjolner, Kitava's Thirst, Glove enchants]

Triggers are not Casts.
Worth noting for Orb of Storms: Repeats (spell echo) also do not count.

"
ClickerPro wrote:
If I linked Shock Nova ~ Increased Area ~ Crit Chance ~ CoC ~ Frost Nova ~ Glacial Cascade.
Would Frost Nova and Glacial Cascade benefit from Increased Area and Crit Chance?

Yes. Worth noting that you'll have three Spells that you cannot Cast.

"
Shaard wrote:
1) Assassin's Mark causes the enemies affected by it to have an additional chance to be critically hit. My question is: how is this taken into account for the critical strike roll of the skill?

Mark quoting Emphasy on the subject.
Short version:
Crit rolls a value, and this value is checked against a monster's Crit threshold. By default this is 100 - Crit Chance (roll needs to surpass), and Assassin's Mark lowers the threshold further for Cursed enemies.
A normally non-Crit roll can Crit against Cursed enemies.

"
Shaard wrote:
2) This has some issue relating to question 1. If I equip Marylene's Fallacy (40% less crit strike chance), does that affect the additional chance from Assassin's Mark?

It's actually unrelated :P
Assassin's Mark is a modifier on the enemy, and is thus unaffected by your modifiers (except Increased Curse Effect).

"
rastatorin wrote:
Hi, i have a question. Inspirational in a subclass Champion has text: You and nearby Allies deal 35% increased Damage. So is this will work twice on warchief totems?

Totems do not use their own offensive stats, they only use your character's offensive stats.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 2, 2016, 7:12:05 AM
Probably a silly question. But Assassin choice for Scion Ascendancy, do spells have a 10% chance to make a power charge or do they not count as a "HIT"?
"
FlyBoy15T wrote:
Probably a silly question. But Assassin choice for Scion Ascendancy, do spells have a 10% chance to make a power charge or do they not count as a "HIT"?

Spells that deal a flat amount of Damage (Fireball, Discharge, Essence Drain etc.) all count as Hits. This is the vast majority of Spells.
Spells that only apply a debuff (Contagion, Curses) do not inflict Hits. Additionally, Spells cast through proxies (trap/mine/totem) do not count as your Hits - the proxy will gain the on-Hit bonus.
"
Bleeder wrote:
"
"
CruelFish wrote:
Hi, not knowing about this thread I decided to ask support and they told me to make a reply here instead!

Frost Walls created by you or your allies are now no longer considered enemies for the purposes of projectile collision detection (your projectiles will not collide with your own Frost Wall). This intentionally fixes the exploit case where a player stacks many Frost Walls around a boss and uses a skill like Piercing Lightning Arrow to trigger an excessive amount of hits.

How about frostwalls created by a trap, mine or a totem? They are not considered you for unstable infusion (I think) and I freaking love the interraction of the walls.

Traps and mines are considered allies.

Hey,

I wanted to do an EA character but don't like the weapon swap.

So now just to be clear, will explosive arrows stuck on the new frost wall or just ignore it and go through ?

So nobody really knows i guess. I would really like it to be specified before the essence league starts :/
Last edited by Bleeder on Sep 2, 2016, 2:18:29 PM
Hello,
I have question about that map and this sentence:

Updated the Hall of Grandmasters with about a dozen additional Grandmasters and some replacements.

That means there would be replacement for some exiles which are on those map?

There would be still Exile ||||Daizi||| Bowman which always crit? I'm a bit scary of him because he can one shot pretty every character and I don't want to lose character :/
Does the Inquisitors Instruments of Virtue passive trigger with spells triggered by Cast on Crit?

attack skill + CoC + spark = both Instruments of Virtue bonuses active?

Instruments of Virtue
Spoiler
30% increased Spell Damage if you've Cast a Spell Recently
50% increased Attack Damage if you've Cast a Spell Recently
20% increased Attack Speed if you've Attacked Recently
30% increased Cast Speed if you've Attacked Recently
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
Last edited by Raghin on Sep 2, 2016, 2:34:32 PM
Triggers are not Cast by you. No dice.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 2, 2016, 2:35:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info