Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi,

Hopefully a Dev can answer this question because I think a lot of other people will be guessing.

Now that Unrelenting (juggernaut ascendancy point) has been changed to 25% instead of 100%, I'm wondering how this would interact with something like Voll's Devotion. The wording on Voll's Devotion is:

"Gain an Endurance Charge when a Power Charge expires or is consumed"

The key words here are "an (meaning 1?) endurance charge when...", but the wording on this was decided long ago and may not reflect the actual mechanic. We know what normally happens; if you lose 3 power charges then you gain 3 endurance charges. But we don't know if the 3 endurance charges are gained simultaneously or 3 in "quick succession".

My question is:
If you have 3 power charges and then loses all 3 charges at the same time (via discharge or romira's), does this roll Unrelenting once (25%), or does it roll Unrelenting 3 times (1-0.75^3 = 58%) to gain max charges?

Thanks.
Last edited by Falkie on Sep 1, 2016, 2:37:17 PM
How many active spells can be linked to a single CWDT for everything to work? What if I link 3 bladefalls? Does it mean when I take certain amount of damage it will cast 3 bladefalls at once?
I know a lot of people who RMT and use PoeHuds, item pickups, crafties, custom renderers, bots, map/zoom/bright hacks and autoflasks. But I am not going to snitch rather encourage them and others to use hacks. GGG had a choice whether they want a friend or an enemy. They chose the latter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
How many active spells can be linked to a single CWDT for everything to work? What if I link 3 bladefalls? Does it mean when I take certain amount of damage it will cast 3 bladefalls at once?

Copies of same spell cannot all trigger with CWDT. Just one would trigger.
Last edited by KevT90 on Sep 1, 2016, 5:35:26 PM
How can I mitigate the damage from traps at the labyrinth and trials? Does MoM work?
I know a lot of people who RMT and use PoeHuds, item pickups, crafties, custom renderers, bots, map/zoom/bright hacks and autoflasks. But I am not going to snitch rather encourage them and others to use hacks. GGG had a choice whether they want a friend or an enemy. They chose the latter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by 5oobZRsnNq on Sep 1, 2016, 6:10:09 PM
"
How can I mitigate the damage from traps at the labyrinth and trials? Does MoM work?

It's various forms of Physical damage for the most part, the usual mitigation applies.
Blade sentries and spike pillars apply Physical Damage over Time. Spikes, darts and cleavers deal initial Physical Damage, with a Bleed or Poison afterwards.
Armour, Fort and Mind over Matter function against the Hits. Endurance Charges, the Chaos Golem buff and the Soul of Steel Passive apply to both Hits and Damage over Time. Staunching flasks cure the Bleeds. Curing fixes up the Poison.
herald of ash overkill damage is x% over 4 seconds, or is x% per second with 4 seconds duration?
Hello,

In reading the Patch 2.4 notes, I noticed this

Magma Orb can now be affected by projectile speed modifications.

Can you give me some insight as to how faster/slower projectiles will affect it? I've been wanting to do a magma orb build for a while now and was wondering how I should go about it.

Thanks for all the great work you do.
"
lordbug wrote:
herald of ash overkill damage is x% over 4 seconds, or is x% per second with 4 seconds duration?

It would be 20% of x% of the overkill damage per second for 4 sec.
Does "Cast when Damage Taken Support" spells count as actually casting a spell for the purpose of the Sorcerer - Elementalist ascendancy, Mastermind of Discord?

(Edit)
If I linked Shock Nova ~ Increased Area ~ Crit Chance ~ CoC ~ Frost Nova ~ Glacial Cascade.
Would Frost Nova and Glacial Cascade benefit from Increased Area and Crit Chance?
Last edited by ClickerPro on Sep 2, 2016, 12:36:16 AM
Does Orb of Storms Arc lightning when any of the Trigger Cast gems are triggered?

IE if i crit inside orb of storms and it activates a lightning skill, will it, and or should it technically if it doesn't at present, trigger the arc lightning for Orb of Storms?

Likewise question for Mjolner socketed gems? Does it and / or should it trigger? I presume this answer would also apply to the new Kitava's Thirst helmet.

What about enchantment trigger skills that have the lightning tag? Does it and / or should it trigger?

State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info