Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi

So, this is the first time I've tried Blood Magic (Gem) with quality and then...
(Two pics>> 1st I use 20% q Blood Magic and the 2nd I use the regular one):

This can't be normal, right? It's literally my first time trying this out and it stays the same...

Anyways, I'll appreciate any help :)
Last edited by nicksmmith on Sep 1, 2016, 3:42:50 AM
That's because the quality bonus gives "x% reduced mana cost" while auras don't have any, it's "mana reservation" instead.
From the 2.4 patch notes:

*Monster life has been increased in tier 4-12 maps.
Q: How much?
(Need to know this before we can consider the end-game viability of builds that rely on inflicting status ailments.)

*Bosses that had a reduced effect of curses on them now have a multiplier rather than a reduction.
Q1: What are the multipliers (for Rogue exiles, Map bosses and Act bosses respectively?)
Q2: How do multipliers interact with various skills that affect/modify curses?

(I feel that Q2 needs its own thread until we have enough information and detailed examples to update http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Curse, but let's start here.)
Hi, not knowing about this thread I decided to ask support and they told me to make a reply here instead!

Frost Walls created by you or your allies are now no longer considered enemies for the purposes of projectile collision detection (your projectiles will not collide with your own Frost Wall). This intentionally fixes the exploit case where a player stacks many Frost Walls around a boss and uses a skill like Piercing Lightning Arrow to trigger an excessive amount of hits.

How about frostwalls created by a trap, mine or a totem? They are not considered you for unstable infusion (I think) and I freaking love the interraction of the walls.

"
lukeypooo wrote:
I use mjolner and I am curious about the one gem being used in each trigger event. What if when the trigger event happens and a couple things are in place. What if I have no charges and the next gem to be triggered in order is discharge? Will it skip to the next gem? If it doesn't then that is a serious problem for almost any mjolner build and is an unintended major consequence. Also since I can no longer self cast gems in mjolner does that mean I can no longer use cwdt in mjolner?

Unique Item Balance:Mjölner: Its chance to cast socketed lightning skills on hit has been increased from 30% to 100%. Use a Divine orb if you want your legacy one to change.
Hi there Ben and players,

I am running tri curse vulnerability/projectile weakness/temporal chain with blasphemy, as a ranged character (bow) i have to get pretty close to enemies to curse them and thats a bit dangerous, my gems are all 20/20 and want to upgrade them to 21/20 or 20-23.
Whats better quality or level to be able to curse from further distance and which gems?
Hello, I have question about blade vortex. It is AoE skill so if i increase area damage it will increase that physical damage of blade vortex ?
If I remember correctly, there was a developer statement posted or quoted to Reddit 2-3 weeks ago which mentioned that come Patch 2.4, Flameblast would automatically detonate upon reaching the final stage.

However, there was no specific mention of it within the patch notes. Further, the "Channeled Skill System" section of the notes contains the following:
"- Added a channelled skill system. Incinerate, Flameblast and Wither are now channelled skills.
- Unlike other skills, which are used once and quickly finish, when you use a channelled skill, it doesn't finish until you release the relevant button/key. You continue performing the same skill."

The second bullet point seems to contradict the Reddit quote. If the Reddit quote is genuine and accurate, it would be a welcome quality of life improvement. Either way, does anybody know more and can help confirm which mechanic will be the case for Patch 2.4?
Last edited by MonTerran on Sep 1, 2016, 10:39:27 AM
"
osman256 wrote:
Hello, I have question about blade vortex. It is AoE skill so if i increase area damage it will increase that physical damage of blade vortex ?

Yes.
"
CruelFish wrote:
Hi, not knowing about this thread I decided to ask support and they told me to make a reply here instead!

Frost Walls created by you or your allies are now no longer considered enemies for the purposes of projectile collision detection (your projectiles will not collide with your own Frost Wall). This intentionally fixes the exploit case where a player stacks many Frost Walls around a boss and uses a skill like Piercing Lightning Arrow to trigger an excessive amount of hits.

How about frostwalls created by a trap, mine or a totem? They are not considered you for unstable infusion (I think) and I freaking love the interraction of the walls.

Traps and mines are considered allies.
Last edited by KevT90 on Sep 1, 2016, 11:27:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info