Mechanical Questions Thread

Hey Mark..

>>>Its been 3 weeks since i discovered this<<<

I just made a Animate weapon build where i switched from Melee Physical to Elemental Focus in one of the sockets on a 6link..
The mana cost went from aprox 219 to 264,(with Dynamo allocated, and like 247 to 299 without) even though the multipliers themselves dont make any sense compared to the mana cost on the skill..

Elemental Focus Support -- Mana Multiplier: 130%
Melee Physical Damage Support -- 140% Mana Multiplier

The Mana cost got higher when equiping a gem with less mana multiplier..
The question is if one of them is showing the wrong amount or somehow it's inside the gem/s the problem is (if you know what i mean) ;p
Perhaps other skills have the same problem`?

Thanks

Last edited by fcanders on Aug 29, 2016, 5:12:05 AM
"
knivenhanne wrote:
I wondered if these two items combined would result in 70% damage taken when recieving critical strike; or simply 100% damage taken because of The Brass Dome?

The Belt of the Deceiver will reduce the 0% Extra Crit Damage you take by another 30%:
0 * 0.7 = 0% Extra Crit Damage taken :)
So i was testing some build mechanics for atlas starter.

And i realised that "Elemental" Gems like > Weapon Ele / Elemental Focus / Ele Weakness etc.

Have no elemental tags and they are not affected by > +1/2 to "Elemental" gems.

Is that intended ?

"Elemental" Proliferation has all Tags Lightning/Fire/Cold and works with +1/+2 to "Elemental" gems.

I understand that "Weapon Elemental Damage" is based on the Weapon part.

I understand that "Elemental Weakness" is based on a curse part.

I dont understand that "Elemental Focus" which is support ( like proliferation )

based on a cannot inflict shock/ignite/freeze, and actually comes with no (lightning/fire/cold) tags.

Also Wild Strike / Elemental Hit > come along with tags for anyone wondering.

Thanks for your thoughts on this !
Last edited by Alibi on Aug 30, 2016, 5:23:49 AM
The patch notes say Fixed the attack speed calculation for Lacerate when dual wielding.

What exactly was the issue that will be fixed? Can someone please clarify
When there's a passive skill tree reset option (like in the new patch), do you get to change your ascendancy?
http://tinyurl.com/hhlteoh (I'll explain everything whether you look or not.)

In the case of my gloves and boots in the gem planner... Couple notes. I plan on having the ability to have 2 curses applied. I will also be running Crit Shock Nova and an Elementalist.

As you see I have Herald of Ice/Thunder in each with a Curse on Hit attached on both my gloves and boots respectively. The order of the gems in both gloves and boots are the same order I present them to you. In my gloves I also have 2 curses I'd like to proc with HoI, Assassin's and Poacher's Mark. In my boots I would like HoT to proc Warlord's and Assassin's mark.

My question is this, will I be able to maintain all 3 types of charges as a result, and is there a more efficient method?
"
sproga22 wrote:
When there's a passive skill tree reset option (like in the new patch), do you get to change your ascendancy?

It said in the patch notes that it will also refund ascendancy points.
"
ClickerPro wrote:
My question is this, will I be able to maintain all 3 types of charges as a result, and is there a more efficient method?

Not really the thread for this kind of question :) Consider opening up a separate thread here, more likely to get you responses for build-related questions.
It'd technically work, but Enduring Cry/Blood Rage/The Blood Dance are so much more reliable than an inconsistently-applied Curse.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
Maximus9229 wrote:
Does increased AoE from tree affect Bacon of Ruins from Elementalist?
The Most Delicious Passive Skill applies elemental proliferation to your hits. This is inherently affected by area modifiers.

Does "Rolling flames" jewel affect proliferation radius if i use fireball to ignite stuff?
Hey Mark,

Was just wanting to confirm how Rolling Flame works.
Is the increase of AoE based on how far the fireball is away from you?
Or will Slower Proj. increase the AoE faster? therefore not needing to be as far away.

Much thanks Mark. Hopefully you get some relax time after the release of AoW :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info