Things you do in PoE you think no one else does.

"
TreborRis wrote:
I would like to thank my fellow OCD'ers above...glad to know I'm not the only turns over every rock and kill every monster type of guy :)

:-D

And now with a new League, going through all of the areas in each act takes a long time, to the point of timing each area when I portal out or go into a new area. I don't want to lose my progress in the old area or I'd have to clear it again, lol.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jun 6, 2016, 8:01:59 AM
Who else does this?...

In standard I run a dual-flame totem witch, so doing Vorici's quests are a pain. I have to clear the area before I talk to him. Then if it's a leave-something-alive quest, I have to put away my flame golem and de-socket some gems to lower my DPS and remove CWDT stuff. I can't control what the totems target, so I'm ready to also remove gear that has the totem gem. It's a pain. I have half of my masters maxed, but Vorici is still half way through 7 to get to level 8. Will be so glad when that's done, lol. And on that note, I can't just use a different skill gem (except for traps), because I am speced for Ancestral Bond. And since I'm not speced for traps, using that skill is just too weak in my build.

Now in Prophecy, I'm playing a CI, ES claw tank. No more wanton kill-everything now, lol. I still love the dual-flame totem build, though.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jun 6, 2016, 8:40:17 AM
other things i do that i think no one else does:

1. try to AVOID using any jewels in my passive tree.
2. rarely do masters' missions before i hit merciless.
3. don't do any labyrinth runs or trials until i hit merciless.
4. don't bother with any more than 4 ascendancy points.
5. never play flavour-of-the-moment meta builds, but play the game whatever the f*ck way i want :P

this isn't my game-playing account; just my forum-posting account :P
I don't think I do anything that other don't do.

However...in terms of knowledge about POE...

I feel like I'm the only one that's played since beta that STILL has no fucking idea what the story/lore or anything is in the game.

Literally playing and killing monsters for years....but have no idea why.

I know my character is good...monsters are bad and I want to kill them fast so they drop things....that's about it lol.

I understand most of the game mechanics...but lore/story/why am I here type shit? yeah forget about it.

I also spend some of time every league wondering why the fuck Dominus is so much taller than just about every fucking human in the game. Wraeclast needs a basketball team.
Last edited by Prizy on Jun 6, 2016, 5:52:45 PM
1)id magic jewelry, especially diamond rings, and while leveling resist rings
2)collect non-q flasks while leveling and trasmuting them trying to hit some mods(not wasting alts on rolling a seething, fuck that)
3)check ALL vendors on every levelup for chromatics+6s+hammers
4)do whetstone recipes, at least while leveling
5)dont mind using fusings or jewelers while leveling, if item will be good for a few levels
In the map before Brutus in a1, where piety is standing on the other side of the fence. Piety says some stuff then walks away. I've alwayed wanted to run fast enough to the other side of the gate to catch up to her, never succeeded.
"
I also spend some of time every league wondering why the fuck Dominus is so much taller than just about every fucking human in the game.

Those are just one hell of a secret shoes, he can get away with it because of the robe.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
At the start of every league, I randomly pick a character and don't put in the passives until I have an idea of what gems I will be running.

I always try to get through Shavronne's Barrier before Piety raises it.

I always try to shoot Piety in the Chamber of Sins because she raised the barrier.

I used to ID everything and collect all quality gear, but I have cut down to ID rares and collect quality flasks and gems.

I always think I am going to use the alch recipe, but can't remember to collect white and blue bases, so I have stash tabs of 20% rares.

I keep every single uniques usually, thinking I will use the chance recipe. Had like 10 Wurm's Molt in Perandus, but kept forgetting to collect white and blue belts.
"
I don't think I do anything that other don't do.

However...in terms of knowledge about POE...

I feel like I'm the only one that's played since beta that STILL has no fucking idea what the story/lore or anything is in the game.

Literally playing and killing monsters for years....but have no idea why.

I know my character is good...monsters are bad and I want to kill them fast so they drop things....that's about it lol.

I understand most of the game mechanics...but lore/story/why am I here type shit? yeah forget about it.

I also spend some of time every league wondering why the fuck Dominus is so much taller than just about every fucking human in the game. Wraeclast needs a basketball team.

Dude i don't know the story ether and i have played since closed beta as well .

dialog box , skip skip skip , ok back to killing mobs.

1 day i might actualy figure out the stroy but to be honest i don't give 2 shits about story in games
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
In the map before Brutus in a1, where piety is standing on the other side of the fence. Piety says some stuff then walks away. I've alwayed wanted to run fast enough to the other side of the gate to catch up to her, never succeeded.

Oh my gosh, Yes! I always think what if I had just had more movement speed! Would I hear her voice when she was not there? or would I literally be able to run around her as she warps out? (I assume she just disappears rather than walks to the door)

And sometime that end of the map is longer than on it was earlier difficulties and I'm thinking "Augh, my movement speed still isn't enough! Dang it longer map! Why must you thwart me? Why?"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info