Things you do in PoE you think no one else does.

This might be common but I buy 15-20% gems up front before I start a new build and regret them all down to level 1 if they need it so I can start leveling and using them asap. Sometimes it's cheaper to get 15% qual gems and gemcutter them up from there. Another thing, I almost always use zombies while leveling. I guess I just don't like fighting alone. Meat shields are a good distraction too.
I like having a golem accompany me. No matter the build, I always force a golem on it.
Speaking of builds... I start theorycrafting for them the very moment I see an interaction that has even the slightest chance of turning out better than expected... my newest idea would be the bringer of rain, doomfletch's prism, rearguard, the anvil and lioneye's fall to get bow block chance from the staff nodes near templar.
I also don't run mid tier maps or higher... that stuff's scary!
I always get all the gear for a new build beforehand. Even if the build is gonna suck and the gear is expensive.
Sometimes I refuse to use actually pretty strong support gems while leveling until I can equip the core items to make it fell like more of a power increase than it actually is.
I try do do ALL the prophecies.
I actually enjoy the lab for the challenge it offers.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I have 8 tabs that I dump items into, then I go through them all when they're full and ID stuff, do chaos recipe, etc. Having dump tabs probably isn't so uncommon, but whenever I'm putting stuff into the stash, I always do it in columns of 2 units' width. So if I put in a dagger, I make sure to put in either another dagger, a foil, or various maps/currency/flasks next to it to make sure the column isn't only one unit wide. I usually try to prevent there from being extra space at the bottom of the tab too, but I don't mind as much because currency, belts, etc. can fill those holes easily.

I also enjoy sorting my stash. I don't pull any currency out of my dump tabs unless I absolutely need it (fusings if I'm trying to 5L, for example), so I get a big bonus of chaos orbs, chisels and so on every time I clean my stash, it feels nice.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
I have wisdom scrolls, portal scrolls and chance orbs horizontally lined up at the bottom right of the inventory. Every time I find my first 4x2 item I immediately open the inventory to move it on top of them, so as not to waste any space. Whenever I cannot do that because I picked it up during a fight I get fidgety because either I have to stop picking up items during a fight, and then I have to backtrack - which I hate - or I have to make extra clicks sorting my inventory afterwards, which I also hate.

I also, when there are more items to pick up, take care to pick up an 4x2 item as the very first thing, then open the inventory, put it on top of the currency, close the inventory, and start picking up 3x2 items so that they line up at the top of the inventory, and all the small stuff only when that is done because otherwise I would have to waste precious time and clicks to put the 4x2 item on top of the currency and the other items where the 4x2 item was, and sort through the whole mess, which I also hate.
Last edited by Jojas on Jun 22, 2016, 12:18:42 AM
I'll wait until I have a good number of passives (between 4-12) before I assign any so that I can feel the increase in power/defense. It is also a fun challenge to see how far I can go before I need to assign them.

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
"
I'll wait until I have a good number of passives (between 4-12) before I assign any so that I can feel the increase in power/defense. It is also a fun challenge to see how far I can go before I need to assign them.

Wolf

Yes! I enjoy the game 10X more now that I do this. It makes progression noticeable.

It is oddly habit forming, though. I logged onto one of my older characters to find a level 72 char with over 25 unallocated passives because I never decided what to do with them and never really needed them.
Every time a rare Loricated Mail drops I imagine to myself this guy with a sword and shield covered in lorikeet crap.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:25:04 PM
"
ghamadvar wrote:
*Sometimes attacking my golem like a madman.

Hahahaha, I also do this in maps like Daresso's or Kaom's!

Thing I've begun doing during this time:

·Wonder which sect those guys belong everytime I see 3+ people wearing a Tabula in town.

·Everytime I join the second level of Lunaris temple, keep seeking up the pool blood just to find the drowing witch and the drowning duelist. Last time there were no witches, but almost 7 duelist drowning in blood.

·Almost ALWAYS make my builds around support gems instead of actives, skill tree, or gear.

·Take advantage of lags just to screenshot everything.

·Be unable to find Argus like, everytime.
Play with texture quality at 5 to run my build, and still have to hold back on the throttle (TS CoC GMP Chain FB AB) to avoid freezing my screen?
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info