Things you do in PoE you think no one else does.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Run catacombs and the dread thicket. Dunno why I favor these... most don't.

Cata roxx, old school baby :)
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

"
Mikrotherion wrote:
So, are there things you do you can't imagine anyone else does?

I do two things mainly:

Collecting flasks to make glassblower's baubles
Usung conversion trap to capture totems

and then some collecting of items for the scraps and whetstones, even on maps.
Seriously? You think nobody else does that?
I have a bad habit of opening portal scrolls while standing next to a waypoint.
Spam Scrolls of Wisdom on items in my inventory well after all the items have been identified, then quickly type "/clear"; this is one of the ways I express my frustration with having to identify each item one by one, along with the item/space management. Not having CTRL+Click to drop items does not help either.

Spam /remaining an absurd amount of times (type it once, then ENTER, Up-Arrow, ENTER to repeat) when I get frustrated with trying to find the last enemy(s) in a zone; I probably have spammed it around 100 times in a single zone. I even got muted for this once because I accidentally joined Global Chat during my spam (hit the Up-Arrow one too many times).

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Run catacombs and the dread thicket. Dunno why I favor these... most don't.
I used to run Catacombs a lot; it was one of my favorite zones, but then GGG changed the music to some guy trying to repent for his sins, and the zone lost its dank, creepy, catacomby vibe. I still will enter and clear these zones on a fresh playthrough every time.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
Last edited by Perfect_Black on Jun 4, 2016, 11:58:55 PM
I always make sure to listen to all of Siosas dialogue and complete his quest because he's lonely and I feel sorry for him. Also, when I'm playing POE and the house is empty I like to voice-act lines of made up dialogue for the monsters. Granted, this is something I do during the game and not in the game; still, I thought I'd share because I'm sure no one else does this.
"
Hallsttattian wrote:
Pick up every single scroll; transmutation/augment orb.

I'm a hoarder and proud of it ;p

Me too!!!
~Jackie
i pick up all skill gems... I'm not sure why, they seem valuable, and yes I store them... I have about 6 tabs full + remove only tabs with them... i recently started to consider leaving them on the ground due to storage problems, but hoping for some recipe that uses them other than amulet/ring one
"
AintCare wrote:
i pick up all skill gems... I'm not sure why, they seem valuable, and yes I store them... I have about 6 tabs full + remove only tabs with them... i recently started to consider leaving them on the ground due to storage problems, but hoping for some recipe that uses them other than amulet/ring one

I do that too! I keep telling myself that one day I'll need them and even though I can just buy it when I do, I'll save currency if I just hoard all the gems I come across.

One of these days my guild mates will notice that I haven't logged into POE for a while and they'll notify the Wraeclastian police. Officers will be sent over to my hideout and there they will discover the rotting corpse of my toon buried under a huge pile of gems, flasks, and leather belts.
"
Adenydd wrote:
"
AintCare wrote:

I do that too! I keep telling myself that one day I'll need them and even though I can just buy it when I do, I'll save currency if I just hoard all the gems I come across.

One of these days my guild mates will notice that I haven't logged into POE for a while and they'll notify the Wraeclastian police. Officers will be sent over to my hideout and there they will discover the rotting corpse of my toon buried under a huge pile of gems, flasks, and leather belts.

damn i though i am the only one!...

I'm not sure if you do this but it feels really good when I see someone looking for a plain skill/support gem in chat and I just know i have it... and even if they want to give me orbs for it I just give it to them and say "dont worry about it!... because i have 10+ of these lol (i don't say the last part obviously :P)

Oh, since Shags mentioned it: I forgot that I always do the Dread Thicket, too.
I also collect most skill gems but I put them into the guild stash, so that anyone who starts a new character that for some reason has no access to, for example, sweep can pick one up.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info