[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
RoCKeTs wrote:
I finally got a decent armour.

Do you think i have the prerequisite to try The Shaper with 8628 ES / 1514 int ? (my profile is public)

Yes. Your gear is very good. Grats on the chest, it's amazing. Check if you are over the cap on resists and still have Kraityn. There is a skill point for you there if you no longer need his resists.

Notes:

1. If you swap the two curse effect nodes for the useless one near Whispers of Doom, the saved skill point will allow you to swap the jewel near Scion for the one near GR. I use that curse node as a temporary swap several times at the high levels to grab jewels faster. Or just level to 92, that's not exactly hard with the current availability of T15 maps (you shaped Quay, I hope?)

2. What's with the gems in your staff? Faster Casting and AoE? Is that for trash clearing? But Spell Echo is always better. If you want to clear easy trash faster, use FC instead of CD, not instead of SE. And I don't see CE anywhere. You will need it for the serious bosses.

I don't know if trying the Shaper with lv 19 gems is a great idea. If getting the sets for him is not hard for you then obtaining 20/20 gems shouldn't be hard either, no?

And when you try the Shaper, remember the special setup with PoI and Orb+curses. Get a second helmet with BBGG just for the Shaper, he's worth it.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 20, 2016, 3:59:26 PM
"
How much cost this build?

I'd say no more than 1.5 ex, only due the astramentis being 1ex

I've probably spent about 10-15c but I'm using a found amulet with double str since im too poor for astramentis
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Yes. Your gear is very good. Grats on the chest, it's amazing. Check if you are over the cap on resists and still have Kraityn. There is a skill point for you there if you no longer need his resists.

I directly took the skill point instead of Kraityn.
HO resist : 153 - 186 - 129
With Endurance Charge it's okay, but i still have to cap the light since i switched my chest.

1. I'll see for the passive change when i hit 92.
For quay i would like, i love this map, but still have to drop Shaper's orb for tiers 6 to 10.

2. I use FC and Increased Area of Effect for trash clean ofc (still enough damage for T11/T12), i switch to CE and SE for boss (Staff switch).
FC = 0.49s cast
SE = 0.38x2 = 0.76s
Anyway one cast is enough to clean the screen most of time, i prefer the mobility.

Yeah first i'm going to level my gems to 20 then do some corrupts, i still have to buy a helmet swap and PoI 20.

Thanks for the advices !
Last edited by RoCKeTs on Sep 20, 2016, 4:50:40 PM
Really nice build! Wanted to try it since last season and now im having a lot of fun with it
I have only 6.7k es but its getting expensive really fast to increase it :D

Just died to Chimera tho, that fog phase kills me too fast... Any tips for it?
(I was using only basalt flasks but i suppose i needed granite for it, maybe?)
"
Czerpakistan wrote:
"
Rivx wrote:
Has anyone considered going occultist for this? You won't be able to deal with reflects, and will need to have slightly more resists on gear (since you get 12% on Ele tree), but you get a lot more ES and a third curse for free, which means you can drop Doedre's for a better ring. No extra fire pen could hurt though, I suppose.

look up demigodking on youtube. in prophecy he did a cold pen ci whispering ice occultist. really solid build. thats probably what you'd wanna look at

I looked into this quite a bit before deciding to follow this guide. It was the correct decision. Even playing this build at 60% potential it works amazingly well. Occultist will have more ES but far less damage and in this build leech = life. The more damage you do the better you will live. I personally think Occultist would be an easier uber lab runner (can almost ignore traps) but inferior in high teir maps. There's a scion version of the build for this & it does more damage but isn't as safe.

"
Kelvynn wrote:

Orb produces a LOT of small hits. With multiple targets in range you get a crit within 1-2 sec. With just 1 boss you still get at least 1 crit per 8 sec, i.e. EO is still always on.

Use 2 staves:
1) boss DPS staff with all the biggest DPS gems;
2) swap MF staff with IR instead of CE and Culling Strike (green socket) instead of CD.

Clear trash with the MF staff. Use the boss staff for the boss. When it's under 10% swap to the MF staff.

Would love to, RNG says 700 jewelers isn't enough (6x6 sockets early league in sub 200 jewelers is balancing out heh).
Hi guys, i am pretty much new to the game so forgive any noob question XD thanks to kelvynn for one of the best and most detailed guides in the forum, good job!
Ball lightning lv 4, what is it for? chance to shock?
"
rafaeldavid78 wrote:
Hi guys, i am pretty much new to the game so forgive any noob question XD thanks to kelvynn for one of the best and most detailed guides in the forum, good job!
Ball lightning lv 4, what is it for? chance to shock?

The ball lightning socketed with curse on hit & cast when damage taken sends the ball out to curse enemies that hit you. So you don't have to curse things yourself & don't have to reserve mana with blasphemy.
Hm.. instead of cwdt ball lightning, can't I just curse on hit the two curses with the orb of storms? Since I manually cast that anyways, especially on bosses. Would also free up two gem slots for.. idk what. Cast on death portal, or something :P
"
schattenwulf wrote:
Hm.. instead of cwdt ball lightning, can't I just curse on hit the two curses with the orb of storms? Since I manually cast that anyways, especially on bosses. Would also free up two gem slots for.. idk what. Cast on death portal, or something :P

Yup you can do that. But you cast orb of storms at your feet. The CWDT ball lightning curses everything between you and what its floating towards, great for cursing archers at long range.
True, noticed the thing with the range. Though you'll anyways walk/jump close to ranged enemies for the curse aura, so casting orb at ranged enemies isn't much of a problem if you aren't kept at range somehow.

The two freed up slots could be used for Vaal Discipline 2x

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info