[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Shiverwarp wrote:
"
SupervAn wrote:
8k es can you facetank strongest vagan with high critmod and light dmg?

can you do promenade thorn boss?

Ah the promenade lightning thorns was one I was curious about as well.

Promenade?? That's not reflecting spells, or has such a small amount of reflect that it doesn't matter. I've done that the other night on my Templar and didn't even notice it.

Vagan? LOL. He dies in 1-3 sec regardless of his abilities. Pop the Orb and pre-cast Icestorms on him before clicking on Begin.
"
Endactam wrote:
So tried shaper for the first time yesterday @ lvl 92 in essence with this build. Went ok got him to about 50% before I ran out of portals. All the previous bosses were easy except Hyrda. She keeps running out of the icestorm & because I don't use the Axuium the chill was an issue.

Things I need to change:

I currently don't use orb of storms at all. I use Vaal Discipline in my 1 free slot, which is of very limited use in the shaper fight.

Spoiler
I was using faster casting rather than elemental focus. This was for QOL for temp chains maps that I forgot to swap.

More damage. Can't out leech the balls or the laser. Laser is super easy to avoid so there's no need to take that damage but the balls he fires... I think to keep up enough DPS I need to be able to leech through those. Then again if I 3x curse on hit with the orb I don't have to be in his face to leech mana.

ES is too low (8.2k atm). Currently using an 800es +54 int chest I was able to craft as I can't afford the 900+ ES +int ones.

Int is currently @ 1400. Got 18% WI and 15% Black sun crest /w 3 off colours so nowhere to upgrade there. Chest, belt, gloves have 50+ int and boots have 40.

Biggest problems I had with the fight was avoiding his teleport smash. I can easily avoid it /w a movement flask. I cannot avoid it @ 27% movement speed even if I start running before he starts casting. I didn't try to leap slam out but that may work as I have +15% leap slam attack speed on my helmet (0.67 attack speed on it).

What I think need to upgrade before my next attempt (here's where I need some advice).
Get more ES 9k should be helpful 10k would be best but that's a lot of exalts at the moment.
Get 30% move speed boots.

Setup specific change for shaper fight
Run 3x atziris promise flask 2x sapphire flasks /w freeze / chill immunity
-reasoning more damage, more leech = less degen balls
-more resists will maybe let me tank the balls

Run 4x sulfur flasks of ??? like in the video but don't try and tank the balls

Run 3x curse on orb of storms in 5 link chest.
Run boosted purity of ice + arctic armour in the helmet with the freed up slot (will need a 2nd helm as it needs to be GGBB now instead of BBBR).

The dream.
Get a 900+ 50+ int chest (lol $)
Get a +1 curse astamentus (lol $)
Gloves 200+ ES with 50+ int and resists & attack speed and 3 off colours (lol $)

Random question:
Has anyone tested pre-casting a regular immortal call before he does his teleport smash? It may be a physical / cold damage & being able to absorb it would be a decent dps boost.

Thoughts?

Shaper does 100% cold damage. My golems never took any damage. Therefore IC is useless.

Not using Auxium... yeah. Not using Orb?? Wow, that's a big mistake. Using FC instead of EF as well - that's the DPS you are missing.

You need to run Purity of Ice. That's what I'm doing. A setup similar to Uber Atziri/Phoenix except PoI instead of PoF. Delegate all 3 curses to the Orb.

He does not do teleport smash when you are facetanking him. I tried dodging his attacks at first but you need a lot of practice at that, and the time is limted before the arena becomes unplayable.

PoI + orb curses + facetank + sulphur flasks of Heat. My execution was more than flawed but it was enough with that setup.
100% cold? Well that's good to know. I have so far not had any use for Auxium as a single heat flask has been enough for every previous boss / all trash mobs 100%. I can always swap out my belt for this / hydra.

Same with orb, never had a use for it as dps and leech was never an issue. The 25% resistance peneration wasn't worth the "oh crap" button to me. It will be in this fight.

Dodging all his attacks from mid range would be super easy with a high speed movement ability or > 50% move speed. I wasn't aware he didn't smash if you stayed in melee range, that's also good to know.

So you run 5x heat flasks in this fight? Sulfur just for the # of uses?

<<Now have the orb in my build to get comfortable using it before my next try>>
Also... last league played a pathfinder so guzzling flasks is muscle memoried.
Last edited by Endactam on Sep 19, 2016, 10:59:14 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
GladiatorUA wrote:
Warning about Volcano(t14) boss. He is somewhat tough for this build without prep.

- It's a totem, so it's immune to curses. Life leech is not the issue, because it summons a lot of smaller totems, but mana is.
- AFAIK, totems are also immune to crits, so no buff from keystone.
- It has Elemental Equilibrium and blasts you with frost and fire shredding your resists.

Ruby and/or maybe Saphire flasks are required. Mana flask can be nice. Switch Blasphemy for Purity of fire. Avoid -resist and Ele Weakness map mods. Get a non-curse ring, preferably to overcap resists.

I haven't noticed any changes to the Volcano boss. It's trivial to me, no need for any special prep/flasks. The standard 'roflstomp' approach works fine. Did you have some unusual mods perhaps?
Could've been some mods. More likely a combo of 6k ES, no curse, running blasphemy instead of PoF and 0 mana leech on top of that because of un-enchanted boots, also no Ruby flask, which changed after that failure.

The most recent brick wall was double crematorium boss with +4 projectiles. They shotgunned me with balls. Could tank one with flask, not two.
"
Shiverwarp wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

I don't remember doing it on my Witch. My lv 75 Templar died to his reflect the very first time I met him since I didn't expect it at all. But the boss died to Icestorm he cast anyway. I'll check it out on the Witch tonight and let you know.

Thanks much! I feel like he may be one of the things I'll have to avoid while playing Hardcore.

Ok, I've just done Racecourse, twice. There are 3 bosses: a dog, a bull and a knife thrower dude. The 1st time they died in 5 sec cause I used the 'roflstomp' approach :) That must have been why I didn't know there was a reflect before. So then the 2nd time I waited and looks like the bull gets a very nice looking sun-shaped reflect buff. He telegraphs it a couple sec in advance by glowing some other yellow thing around him. And then his reflect buff lasts about 2-3 sec, very brief. My Templar managed to die to that before I thought to hit the Ruby flask.

With the Witch I killed off the other 2 bosses carefully while the golems tanked the bull, and then tested the reflect. The reflect was not a big deal, although my ES was going down until I popped a Ruby flask.

The thing is, there are 3 bosses, with about the same amount of life, and they stay together. That's 3 sources of leech. 4 sources of leech is enough to outleech the 100% reflect at Atziri. Simply leap onto the knife guy, the other 2 will charge you. And then it doesn't matter if they live long enough for the bull to use the reflect or not - you are hitting all 3 of them and won't even notice the reflect on the Witch.

Of course, in HC I wouldn't farm that map after completing it for the bonus kill once. Just like Waterways, or Core. No reason to tempt fate. ;)
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 19, 2016, 11:22:54 PM
"
Endactam wrote:
100% cold? Well that's good to know. I have so far not had any use for Auxium as a single heat flask has been enough for every previous boss / all trash mobs 100%. I can always swap out my belt for this / hydra.

Same with orb, never had a use for it as dps and leech was never an issue. The 25% resistance peneration wasn't worth the "oh crap" button to me. It will be in this fight.

Dodging all his attacks from mid range would be super easy with a high speed movement ability or > 50% move speed. I wasn't aware he didn't smash if you stayed in melee range, that's also good to know.

So you run 5x heat flasks in this fight? Sulfur just for the # of uses?

<<Now have the orb in my build to get comfortable using it before my next try>>
Also... last league played a pathfinder so guzzling flasks is muscle memoried.

Orb is used not as much for 25% resist penetration as for the 40% MORE damage buff from EO! Are you saying you got all the way to the Shaper without using half of your DPS potential? Daaaaamn.

I use 4x sulphur/heat + 1 sulphur/staunch because you can get bled by a random corrupted blood pack while clearing to the minis. But if you are careful enough you can go with 5x heat.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Orb is used not as much for 25% resist penetration as for the 40% MORE damage buff from EO! Are you saying you got all the way to the Shaper without using half of your DPS potential? Daaaaamn.

I use 4x sulphur/heat + 1 sulphur/staunch because you can get bled by a random corrupted blood pack while clearing to the minis. But if you are careful enough you can go with 5x heat.

EO procs off icestorm & ball lightning does it not? 5% crit for ice storm hardly seems that much different from orb of storms 6.5%? Unless there's a crit mechanic behind orb of storms or lightning I don't know about. Looking for that now.

<Edit> Ahh i see each hit from orb of storms is it's own crit roll rather than the 5% chance per cast of icestorm.
<Edit> And I've been running /w item rarity even on the chimera/hydra/minotaur fight without orb of storms. This build is good ^^.
Last edited by Endactam on Sep 19, 2016, 11:33:59 PM
"
SupervAn wrote:
this standard build is so bad and not tanky at all, good leech will get u oneshoted anyway and the belt is the most worthless piece of shit.

Facetanking t15s in essence league at level 89 wouldnt really say thats bad. maybe your just a scrub eh?
"
Endactam wrote:
<Edit> Ahh i see each hit from orb of storms is it's own crit roll rather than the 5% chance per cast of icestorm.
<Edit> And I've been running /w item rarity even on the chimera/hydra/minotaur fight without orb of storms. This build is good ^^.

Orb produces a LOT of small hits. With multiple targets in range you get a crit within 1-2 sec. With just 1 boss you still get at least 1 crit per 8 sec, i.e. EO is still always on.

Use 2 staves:
1) boss DPS staff with all the biggest DPS gems;
2) swap MF staff with IR instead of CE and Culling Strike (green socket) instead of CD.

Clear trash with the MF staff. Use the boss staff for the boss. When it's under 10% swap to the MF staff.
Hm.. been thinking.
How good would Malachai's Artifice ring with Orb of Storms be?

It gives elemental equilibrium to the socketed gem (though at 40% reduced effectiveness) but that would still make the orb reduce enemy fire/cold resists by around 25%. Would that be worth one curse?

On second thought.. nevermind. Could just swap a defensive curse for flammability and get 44% fire resist reduction.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info