[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Slowdice2 wrote:
Fire Golem - Ice Golem - Minion Life / Vaal Discipline
CWDT - Ball Lightning - Curse on Hit - Enfeeble - Temporal Chains / Arctic Armor
CWDT - Immortal Call / Discipline / Orb of Storm
Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark / Leap Slam or Gorund Slam - Fortify
Cold to Fire, Fire Penetration, Life Leach, Spell Echo, Concentrated Effect, Elemental Focus

This won't work well. You are replacing Enlighten and Faster Attacks with Minion Life and Vaal Discipline.

Without Enlighten you won't have enough mana to use AA unless you spend 3 skill points on mana reservation nodes instead of a jewel (see Q&A). I only recommend doing that temporarily until you get Enlighten lv 2+.

Without Faster Attacks the slow speed of Leap Slam will be very annoying. Ground Slam is a bit faster but it's not a movement skill. I think it will also miss a lot (but not sure). Leap Slam is too nice to replace.

You don't really need Vaal Discipline. It's a one-use-per-boss safety button. But you'll be fine without it. The only place I can see myself using it is Uber (instead of TC/Doedre; in a high Int unset ring). But definitely not worth sacrificing any of our main setup gems for it to have it full time.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 3, 2016, 12:36:22 PM
looking at the gear it seems like capping resists, especially for EW, is going to be pretty hard. in that regard, the scion version looks a bit better because of the res starting nodes. would that be fair to say? or is it easier than I think and not a good reason to pick scion over witch?
"
mallow wrote:
looking at the gear it seems like capping resists, especially for EW, is going to be pretty hard. in that regard, the scion version looks a bit better because of the res starting nodes. would that be fair to say? or is it easier than I think and not a good reason to pick scion over witch?

Scion will max resists easier. But that's not necessary until the top tier maps, and by then you should be able to max them with either version.

I have never over-maxed resists for EW though. There is no real reason to. Just don't combine EW with reflect.

In fact, until you go after certain very high end bosses (Uber, Core) you don't even need maxed resists. I've done a whole lot of high tier mapping with -max res and/or EW. Here's an example from the Scion version:
MF in a T15 map with EW

43% fire res in Abyss? No problem! :) It doesn't really matter how much damage the mobs do if you can outleech it. The only danger is meeting a random reflecting rare. If you do - mix it with a large pack to be safe. And that was for the Scion version. I suspect that the Witch will be able to ignore reflect completely. We'll see soon enough.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 4, 2016, 12:55:06 AM
Just a Question regarding the Whispering Ice Staff:

Is it better to get a 12%more cast speed and 17% more int staff, or 10%more cast speed and 18% more int staff?
"
LightHope wrote:
Just a Question regarding the Whispering Ice Staff:

Is it better to get a 12%more cast speed and 17% more int staff, or 10%more cast speed and 18% more int staff?

INT is the single most important stat, meaning your staff must be 18% to min max. Cast speed can be gained from other areas and isnt as important.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Given that you spec into Diamond Skin, I think helping Kraityn for 10% resists in the normal-mode bandit quest is more valuable than the skill point.
Can you show your characters please?
This is mine so far in the league. I am doing pretty well for the first few days. Although I have used over 350 jewelers for my staff QQ!

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQQHDXwOSBBYES0RUBGWEzUV1xekGS4abBznHRQdTx8CJ-0pTyo4LJwsvy0fNbk2xTrYPAU9D0VHRnFMs1F0VkhWY1cNXfJfKl9qX7BmVGhlah5tGW-ed-V8u3_GgpuDCYP3hMWFe4auh2WMdo6-jumPRo_6kPqSwZMnlSCbtZ2unjyezZ_LoS-io6aZpwinK6cwr42vm6-ntAy1BL6KwGbBxcHzwzrEFcT2ykrK09Af0NDSIdQH1abYJNlh3I3fbd-w5CLquuvk7BjsOO987-vyL_Ob?accountName=Ziiyo&characterName=FuckThisGameExe

Gear:

I will be changing up the links. Only running 1 curse, may go to two later on but will have to see. I think the BEST thing for me was adding CWDT and frost wall. That push back and fact that mobs cannot shoot over it is amazing. It just adds to all my defence as I can cast over it. I will also be using my golems out of CWDT. I do not want to be taking damage to proc a golem. I want them up when I need them up.

I have been running Fire golem as usual and Lightning for the 18% attack and cast speed. This means that I cast WI faster BUT more importantly I leap slam faster which helps even more on bosses. I also used the chaos golem for 8% dmg reduction on harder content.

I currently have 1300+ int and over 3100 dmg. After the 6 socket I think that will become so much greater.

Thanks so much for an awesome build OP. Still got a long way to go but at the moment T7-9 maps are the highest I have and are super easy :)
Hi!

Is it worth it to buy a perandus legendary Signet for 2EX instead of the 20-30c I would have to pay for a normal one? The 1% difference can easely result in 50+ Int.

I also thought about if I may use the original Build. The Curses increasing our defence significantly for sure. But the original Build doesn't need so many sockets and with 2 Perandus Signet Rings it has slightly more Int, Dmg and ES I think.

I am not swimming in Currency (don't know if this Expression is only used in Germany?) and only have 1ex 10c to spend at the Moment.

A guild member gave me several items for free on the Weekend. They have very good ES values but lacking on Int. (what items do you think I could Keep from them):

Spoiler

Below are the items I use at the Moment. I have an Auxium Belt that I can't use yet and I try to get Gloves, Boots, and a Perandus Signet Ring. Then I have to work on the Sockets and Links (I still have to Change many Gems as I have used a different build before):

I think Boots with 127ES, 54 Int, 24%LiResi, 30% MS for 10C or 145ES, 41 Int, 30 MS, 38% LiResi, 37% CoResi for 1EX (I could take that if I don't try to get a leg Perandus Signet)would both be better as the 2 Boots i have or not?

Last edited by Slowdice2 on Jun 6, 2016, 7:37:22 AM
I will be going for both signet rings over time. They do cost a lot but at 2% X 6 items = 12% increased int per signet ring. The problem then would be to make sure that from the gloves, boots and chest I get enough res to cap out. That will be the hard part.

No res on the above gear but maxing stats. I think at 90 or so i will go for the second curse with a CWDT setup but not atm. with almost 8k es, frost wall, CWDT-IC and warlords mark i feel nice and tanky and I still have a way to go.
Last edited by Ziiyo on Jun 6, 2016, 8:06:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info