[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

Wonder if Heretic's Veil and eye of chayula can be used in this build, any suggestion? thanks
"
doctorsurgo wrote:
Given that you spec into Diamond Skin, I think helping Kraityn for 10% resists in the normal-mode bandit quest is more valuable than the skill point.

Not really. As I said above, maxed resists are not necessary until the highest tiers, and by then you should have resists maxed with just gear. Using a jewel with less dps than Izaro's Turmoil but with a resist mod is a better option than spending a skill point on Kraityn (and not getting that jewel until 1 level later).

"
hkbutubaman wrote:
Wonder if Heretic's Veil and eye of chayula can be used in this build, any suggestion? thanks

Heretic's Veil: we considered that in the Scion thread when 2.2 was released, but there is no way to reserve enough mana for 3 curse auras, Discipline and AA, at least not without a massive loss of everything else (by speccing into all reservation nodes).

Chayula for stun immunity would require sacrificing Astramentis. That would destroy the build: the loss of ES and DPS would be huge, and you wouldn't meet stat requirements for most of the red and green gems.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 6, 2016, 11:47:52 AM
"
Ziiyo wrote:
This is mine so far in the league. I am doing pretty well for the first few days. Although I have used over 350 jewelers for my staff QQ!

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQQHDXwOSBBYES0RUBGWEzUV1xekGS4abBznHRQdTx8CJ-0pTyo4LJwsvy0fNbk2xTrYPAU9D0VHRnFMs1F0VkhWY1cNXfJfKl9qX7BmVGhlah5tGW-ed-V8u3_GgpuDCYP3hMWFe4auh2WMdo6-jumPRo_6kPqSwZMnlSCbtZ2unjyezZ_LoS-io6aZpwinK6cwr42vm6-ntAy1BL6KwGbBxcHzwzrEFcT2ykrK09Af0NDSIdQH1abYJNlh3I3fbd-w5CLquuvk7BjsOO987-vyL_Ob?accountName=Ziiyo&characterName=FuckThisGameExe

Gear:

I will be changing up the links. Only running 1 curse, may go to two later on but will have to see. I think the BEST thing for me was adding CWDT and frost wall. That push back and fact that mobs cannot shoot over it is amazing. It just adds to all my defence as I can cast over it. I will also be using my golems out of CWDT. I do not want to be taking damage to proc a golem. I want them up when I need them up.

I have been running Fire golem as usual and Lightning for the 18% attack and cast speed. This means that I cast WI faster BUT more importantly I leap slam faster which helps even more on bosses. I also used the chaos golem for 8% dmg reduction on harder content.

I currently have 1300+ int and over 3100 dmg. After the 6 socket I think that will become so much greater.

Thanks so much for an awesome build OP. Still got a long way to go but at the moment T7-9 maps are the highest I have and are super easy :)

One mistake (that probably cost you all those Jewellers): you need to 20q the staff before jewelling it. The quality is no longer consumed (since 2.2 iirc) but it greatly improves your roll. These days, you can 6S the staff in less than 100 orbs even with average luck, as long as it's 20q. There is a common prophecy for getting 20q in 1 try, but it's easy enough even without it.

The same goes for armor too: always 20q before rolling for anything non-trivial.

I see you took Foresight. At low levels it can be helpful if you can't find gear with even semi-decent ES. But it's absolutely not needed after switching to fire damage (AoF). You will get more ES plus a good DPS bonus by taking the jewel socket near Scion instead (Fertile Mind). Int is everything: ES and DPS.

And don't forget to take Blast Radius some time soon.

As for using CWDT Frost Wall, it's a decent option for leveling. You will want to drop that at high levels because it will get in your way more than help, especially on boss fights. Once you get the CWDT curses going, those archers won't be able to hurt you anymore without any walls.

I agree on Lightning Golem. It seems to be more beneficial than Ice (and definitely cheaper to socket). Going to play a few more days before making a final determination. But at the moment it looks like we are going to pick that one to pair with our main Flame golem.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 6, 2016, 12:03:47 PM
"
Slowdice2 wrote:
Hi!

Is it worth it to buy a perandus legendary Signet for 2EX instead of the 20-30c I would have to pay for a normal one? The 1% difference can easely result in 50+ Int.

I also thought about if I may use the original Build. The Curses increasing our defence significantly for sure. But the original Build doesn't need so many sockets and with 2 Perandus Signet Rings it has slightly more Int, Dmg and ES I think.

I am not swimming in Currency (don't know if this Expression is only used in Germany?) and only have 1ex 10c to spend at the Moment.

A guild member gave me several items for free on the Weekend. They have very good ES values but lacking on Int. (what items do you think I could Keep from them):

Spoiler

Below are the items I use at the Moment. I have an Auxium Belt that I can't use yet and I try to get Gloves, Boots, and a Perandus Signet Ring. Then I have to work on the Sockets and Links (I still have to Change many Gems as I have used a different build before):

I think Boots with 127ES, 54 Int, 24%LiResi, 30% MS for 10C or 145ES, 41 Int, 30 MS, 38% LiResi, 37% CoResi for 1EX (I could take that if I don't try to get a leg Perandus Signet)would both be better as the 2 Boots i have or not?

In the Standard league, the legacy Perandus Signet is definitely a good upgrade, but it's a luxury upgrade. If you can afford 2 ex (sometimes you can find it for 1.5) then go for it. But if your budget is tight, you should get good gloves/boots/chest first.

The items from your friend are not good because they lack Int. Yours are better except for the gloves. Shav boots obviously need to be replaced too, you will want resists. And the ring to use until you get a Perandus needs to have 40 Int or better. Shouldn't be hard to find one with 50+ Int (i.e. some Int and some All Stats), mana regen and resists, they don't cost a lot.
"
Ziiyo wrote:
I will be going for both signet rings over time. They do cost a lot but at 2% X 6 items = 12% increased int per signet ring. The problem then would be to make sure that from the gloves, boots and chest I get enough res to cap out. That will be the hard part.

No res on the above gear but maxing stats. I think at 90 or so i will go for the second curse with a CWDT setup but not atm. with almost 8k es, frost wall, CWDT-IC and warlords mark i feel nice and tanky and I still have a way to go.

This build was initially using 2 Perandus Signets, but T15 Daresso and Malachai taught me that the 3rd curse is easily worth some ES and DPS.

The only fight in PoE where 2nd Perandus is better is Uber Atziri (only the Uber version and and only the final encounter). So just ask yourself how often you will be doing Uber. For everything else 3rd curse is better than 2nd Perandus.
thanks for answering, this is a great build in new league^^, without 6 link that budget.

Perandus Signet Paua Ring , except this one..., very expensive now in prophecy.
Last edited by hkbutubaman on Jun 6, 2016, 1:02:26 PM
"
hkbutubaman wrote:
thanks for answering, this is a great build in new league^^, without 6 link that budget.

Perandus Signet is the hardest item to get for this build. But you can play without it in a new league. In the Perandus league I've played completely without it. A rare ring with 40+ Int (between Int and All Stats), mana regen and resists will do. It's also a great way to max your resists at the start of the league.

I used this in Perandus:

and was able to kill Uber and do my T15 challenges just fine. It's just not as good as Perandus, but it will do until you get one.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 6, 2016, 2:34:25 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
hkbutubaman wrote:

Perandus Signet is the hardest item to get for this build. But you can play without it in a new league. In the Perandus league I've played completely without it. A rare ring with 40+ Int (between Int and All Stats), mana regen and resists will do. It's also a great way to max your resists at the start of the league.

I used this in Perandus:

and was able to kill Uber and do my T15 challenges just fine. It's just not as good as Perandus, but it will do until you get one.

I agree. It should also be noted that rare rings can get up to 70 total int (55 int, 16 all attributes). The difference to a perandus signet is not that big in terms of dps. But such a ring can also have res and flat es. With some 40ish flat es and lets say 60 int on a ring, it will provide even some more es in the end than a perandus. For example, I am using those two rings atm, which cost me 1c and 1vaal:

Last edited by Black_Gun on Jun 6, 2016, 3:15:31 PM
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
hkbutubaman wrote:

I used this in Perandus:

I agree. It should also be noted that rare rings can get up to 70 total int (55 int, 16 all attributes). The difference to a perandus signet is not that big in terms of dps. But such a ring can also have res and flat es. With some 40ish flat es and lets say 60 int on a ring, it will provide even some more es in the end than a perandus. For example, I am using those two rings atm, which cost me 1c and 1vaal:

The difference is not big while leveling, but since Perandus is a percentage increase it adds up with every level and every gear upgrade. At lv 94 Perandus Signet adds about 200 Int (with good Int on chest/gloves/boots) and that can't be beat. But while you are getting there and upgrading gradually a good Int rare ring is fine.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 6, 2016, 9:14:32 PM
Guys, this league is your chance to make something amazing using this build!

Check out these prophecies:

A Whispered Prayer
You will encounter a powerful Frost Priest who will drop a unique item when slain.
Reward: The Whispering Ice

Lost in the Pages
You will encounter a powerful Undying Archivist who will drop a unique item when slain.
Location: Act 3 - The Catacombs, Act 3 - The Library, Act 3 - The Archives
Reward: Astramentis

This is why WI and Astras are cheap as dirt in this league.

But that's not all! When you can farm/buy Astramentis so easily, it means you can make THIS:

And it means you can wear two Perandus Signets for a massive Int/ES/DPS bonus while still using 3 curses! Or, until you obtain them, save 4 tree nodes and achieve your goals 4 levels earlier.

BEST. LEAGUE. EVER.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info