[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
RoCKeTs wrote:
"
partyboy79 wrote:
1st izaro phase was fine, the second one, I've been one shot in the start of the fight with his wave (radiant slash). Got 6,7k es for the moment.

Have you clicked the charge disruptor ?

"
partyboy79 wrote:
1st izaro phase was fine, the second one, I've been one shot in the start of the fight with his wave (radiant slash). Got 6,7k es for the moment.

What is your technique to fight him ?

You got him with the charges? That's the worst possible buff you can let him have. The video in the top post actually has him with max charges, but you need to be super careful about facetanking him on a day when he has charges. You need 7.5k ES or more to facetank him with max charges, and you also must keep Fortify up. Much easier to just not let him get the charges and get 1 less key.. Touch the charge disruptors.
[/quote]

Yes, I think it was disruptor phase ... ok, so I'll be more careful next time. Have 7,4k es now, I think it will be easier next time.

Thanks for your answers
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Shiverwarp wrote:
"
SupervAn wrote:
8k es can you facetank strongest vagan with high critmod and light dmg?

can you do promenade thorn boss?

Ah the promenade lightning thorns was one I was curious about as well.

Promenade?? That's not reflecting spells, or has such a small amount of reflect that it doesn't matter. I've done that the other night on my Templar and didn't even notice it.

Vagan? LOL. He dies in 1-3 sec regardless of his abilities. Pop the Orb and pre-cast Icestorms on him before clicking on Begin.

Yeah the female boss at the end of the promenade casts lightning thorns (Similar to Shavronne I guess?)

There have been a bunch of rip videos showing it, particularly stuff like Blade Vortex. Guess you kill it too fast, or we outleech it.

"
Kelvynn wrote:

Ok, I've just done Racecourse, twice. There are 3 bosses: a dog, a bull and a knife thrower dude. The 1st time they died in 5 sec cause I used the 'roflstomp' approach :) That must have been why I didn't know there was a reflect before. So then the 2nd time I waited and looks like the bull gets a very nice looking sun-shaped reflect buff. He telegraphs it a couple sec in advance by glowing some other yellow thing around him. And then his reflect buff lasts about 2-3 sec, very brief. My Templar managed to die to that before I thought to hit the Ruby flask.

With the Witch I killed off the other 2 bosses carefully while the golems tanked the bull, and then tested the reflect. The reflect was not a big deal, although my ES was going down until I popped a Ruby flask.

The thing is, there are 3 bosses, with about the same amount of life, and they stay together. That's 3 sources of leech. 4 sources of leech is enough to outleech the 100% reflect at Atziri. Simply leap onto the knife guy, the other 2 will charge you. And then it doesn't matter if they live long enough for the bull to use the reflect or not - you are hitting all 3 of them and won't even notice the reflect on the Witch.

Of course, in HC I wouldn't farm that map after completing it for the bonus kill once. Just like Waterways, or Core. No reason to tempt fate. ;)

Thanks very much for testing this, good to know it's possible to do, but should be careful.
Hi Kelvynn! I would ask you a question, dunno if you can answer though :D
Im playing on HC and have a small problem. It is my first time then im playing PoE and im not so rich as experienced players, so i could not buy anything what i want from poetrade. So there is a problem - i cant find any solutions for buying Black Sun helmet and still be with decent amount of resists (for ele weakness especially), so i decided to try something else, buy ~300-400ES & 40++ Int rare helmet instead of respecing 4-5 items from my gear (cause also i want +1 curse from the ring and i will fall out of resist cap because of that).
If you still reading this - my question(:D):
In all your videos i didnt saw any dmg on you which you could not outleach, and seems like you can die only to oneshot/mistake, so, how much dps on iceshtorm tooltip do you need to outleech any dmg you taken ? I have around 4++ k right now without buffs and with only fire golem. Im able to run almost any maps (i did 15% ele reflect twice, it was hard on concentration, but i was ok) T8 and below, didnt tryed T9+, but sometimes im scared on some bosses cause i see their dmg is more higher than my lifeleach (obviously cause i have not enough dps on icestorm right now).
Also maybe you have some ideas about my situation? like some cheap variants for dps/diffence.. Im playing PoE since start of this league, so i dont know many things and items =)
nvm;
Last edited by RX07 on Sep 20, 2016, 9:47:56 AM
Has anyone considered going occultist for this? You won't be able to deal with reflects, and will need to have slightly more resists on gear (since you get 12% on Ele tree), but you get a lot more ES and a third curse for free, which means you can drop Doedre's for a better ring. No extra fire pen could hurt though, I suppose.
Last edited by Rivx on Sep 20, 2016, 9:29:04 AM
"
Rivx wrote:
Has anyone considered going occultist for this? You won't be able to deal with reflects, and will need to have slightly more resists on gear (since you get 12% on Ele tree), but you get a lot more ES and a third curse for free, which means you can drop Doedre's for a better ring.

All that extra DPS youd be losing is key to your survival with the leech. Dont feel itd be worth it.
"
Rivx wrote:
Has anyone considered going occultist for this? You won't be able to deal with reflects, and will need to have slightly more resists on gear (since you get 12% on Ele tree), but you get a lot more ES and a third curse for free, which means you can drop Doedre's for a better ring. No extra fire pen could hurt though, I suppose.

look up demigodking on youtube. in prophecy he did a cold pen ci whispering ice occultist. really solid build. thats probably what you'd wanna look at
How much cost this build?
"
ikorsa wrote:
Hi Kelvynn! I would ask you a question, dunno if you can answer though :D
Im playing on HC and have a small problem. It is my first time then im playing PoE and im not so rich as experienced players, so i could not buy anything what i want from poetrade. So there is a problem - i cant find any solutions for buying Black Sun helmet and still be with decent amount of resists (for ele weakness especially), so i decided to try something else, buy ~300-400ES & 40++ Int rare helmet instead of respecing 4-5 items from my gear (cause also i want +1 curse from the ring and i will fall out of resist cap because of that).
If you still reading this - my question(:D):
In all your videos i didnt saw any dmg on you which you could not outleach, and seems like you can die only to oneshot/mistake, so, how much dps on iceshtorm tooltip do you need to outleech any dmg you taken ? I have around 4++ k right now without buffs and with only fire golem. Im able to run almost any maps (i did 15% ele reflect twice, it was hard on concentration, but i was ok) T8 and below, didnt tryed T9+, but sometimes im scared on some bosses cause i see their dmg is more higher than my lifeleach (obviously cause i have not enough dps on icestorm right now).
Also maybe you have some ideas about my situation? like some cheap variants for dps/diffence.. Im playing PoE since start of this league, so i dont know many things and items =)

I'm not qualified to give detailed advice on HC since I don't play in HC. However, I've done many high tier maps with Enfeeble and MF gems sitting at 3k Icestorm tooltip - it's enough to facetank all trash and most bosses. The tooltip shows only a part of our DPS. Things like fire penetration and EO (don't neglect Orb of Storms!) increase the actual DPS significantly. A rare helmet gives you more ES and resists at the price of losing some DPS. For HC that may be a good deal, I can't say for sure. But for mid-tier maps you are most definitely fine with 4k Icestorm.

"
How much cost this build?

The budget is scalable. There is no fixed cost. You can start with cheap items and be fine in yellow maps. Or you can buy more expensive stuff and be fine in red maps. Or even more expensive stuff and kill the Shaper.

For a starter edition, the most expensive item is Astramentis (50c - 1ex currently).
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 20, 2016, 12:07:28 PM
I finally got a decent armour.

Do you think i have the prerequisite to try The Shaper with 8628 ES / 1514 int ? (my profile is public)
Last edited by RoCKeTs on Sep 20, 2016, 12:33:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info