[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

What do you think of what I have so far? Most of this gear was given to me by my cousin who used to run a similar character

Spoiler

I know I am missing a good chunk of int, but I'm 36 and how am I doing for where I am?
Last edited by TeaAddict on Sep 21, 2016, 5:25:39 PM
Regarding a couple of the questions above, namely the 10-12ex shaper viability and another of not using the black sun crest.

I started playing this spec as my second character in this league (ESC), and I just killed shaper with it (first try, way easier boss than I expected).

I use neither the unique belt or the unique helm. A crystal belt with shrieking essence of spite (very cheap) is high ES/high INT belt for cheap, and just using a 300+ES helm with dual or at least one good res make it easier to gear in other places. Instead of the points in diamond skin in the tree I go for the 3 aura nodes including Charisma located just around vaal pact, leaving me with 300ish mana after disci/warlords and AA.

I did however get a new helm and chest just before engaging the shaper, and they took me over the 10-12ex threshold that was mentioned earlier, but before those the total cost of my gear was only 3-4ex and I think I would´ve been fine anyway (The new items gave me around 1.5k ES, from 9.2 - 10.7 .

I don´t really know if any of these solutions are better or worse than the original, but they´re good alternatives if you find some of the gearing hard. To solve the antifreeze that the belt otherwise provides I just have it on 1 or 2 of my flasks (I like to always use a manaflask in this build as well with antifreeze, but if you want to always use a mana flask is up to the player I guess).
"
Rivx wrote:
I'm still kinda having trouble with some endgame content on this. I have 7.2k ES at the moment, still looking to get a better chest (mine's 620ES) but that's going to be very pricey. I can do facetank uber lab with charges elemental buffs (at least against most weapon setups), but if he has both then I stand no chance. It happened twice in the last few days so its kinda sad, as I've been relyng on lab runs a lot. I assume a lot of builds are going to have trouble with it as well though, since he can hit over 10K.

You need 7.5k+ ES and you MUST keep Fortify on to survive his main hit with max charges + debuffs. He rarely has that combo, but yeah, he's had it twice in the last 5 days. Bad luck. If you are not geared enough for that, just use charge disruptors and get 1 less key on a day like this.

"
I also got my first guardian map yesterday (Hydra) and got absolutely destroyed, had to ask for help at the end. Most attacks don't one-shot, but I have to move too much and can't drop enough Icestorms to instantly leech to full, especially considering the boss teleports a lot. I got him to 75% before I figured I better find someone else (he had extra cold and 40% more life, maybe I'll try to run my next map white if I find one).

Auxium doesn't make you immune to chill, it only shortens its duration. But in a fight where you get cold hits all the time (Hydra, Shaper) Auxium is not enough. Bring these:

5 of them = 1.5 min of chill immunity. Hydra spawns adds to refill you as well.

"
Also the guide recommends vendoring gems to get quality on them, I don't feel that is necessary anymore as GCPs have gotten a lot cheaper (you get tons of quality gems from uber lab, I've been getting like 60+ GCPs in one night of farming). I had enough to 20q all my gems and spare enlighten+empower without buying any.

Absolutely. If you are farming Uber Lab a lot then GCP is not a problem.
"
Prefixet wrote:
Regarding a couple of the questions above, namely the 10-12ex shaper viability and another of not using the black sun crest.

I started playing this spec as my second character in this league (ESC), and I just killed shaper with it (first try, way easier boss than I expected).

I use neither the unique belt or the unique helm. A crystal belt with shrieking essence of spite (very cheap) is high ES/high INT belt for cheap, and just using a 300+ES helm with dual or at least one good res make it easier to gear in other places. Instead of the points in diamond skin in the tree I go for the 3 aura nodes including Charisma located just around vaal pact, leaving me with 300ish mana after disci/warlords and AA.

I did however get a new helm and chest just before engaging the shaper, and they took me over the 10-12ex threshold that was mentioned earlier, but before those the total cost of my gear was only 3-4ex and I think I would´ve been fine anyway (The new items gave me around 1.5k ES, from 9.2 - 10.7 .

I don´t really know if any of these solutions are better or worse than the original, but they´re good alternatives if you find some of the gearing hard. To solve the antifreeze that the belt otherwise provides I just have it on 1 or 2 of my flasks (I like to always use a manaflask in this build as well with antifreeze, but if you want to always use a mana flask is up to the player I guess).

Grats!!

I don't know the required budget for the Shaper either because the prices seem to change a lot lately. Black Sun used to be dirt cheap. Before some asshole flipper(s) decided to monopolize the market on it. Now it looks like a good 300-400 ES rare helmet may be easier to obtain, especially in this league with the essence crafting. Coloring a hybris circlet costs nothing, you can just change colors for the Shaper fight and back any time. You lose some DPS, but then again, you still can kill the Shaper with the DPS you have.

Crystal belts are damn nice and solve many issues while leaving you exposed to chill/freeze so then you have to carry flasks for that. But that may be worth it.

I'll wait some more before changing the guide and recommending new things. It's only been 2.5 weeks and it's a special league.
"
TeaAddict wrote:
What do you think of what I have so far? Most of this gear was given to me by my cousin who used to run a similar character

Spoiler

I know I am missing a good chunk of int, but I'm 36 and how am I doing for where I am?

No Int on the chest armor, gloves and boots = BAD. You MUST have Int. Shavronne boots are dirt cheap, they are the best for leveling, 35 movespeed too. Asenath gloves are good enough for lv 33-51 too and are cheap too. And then you need to get Int on the armor.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 21, 2016, 6:08:33 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
TeaAddict wrote:

Spoiler

No Int on the chest armor, gloves and boots = BAD. You MUST have Int. Shavronne boots are dirt cheap, they are the best for leveling, 35 movespeed too. Asenath gloves are good enough for lv 33-51 too and are cheap too. And then you need to get Int on the armor.

Darn. Back to farming I guess. I'll lurk around where I am and find int gear. Thank you!
"
TeaAddict wrote:
Darn. Back to farming I guess. I'll lurk around where I am and find int gear. Thank you!

You can buy it for 1 alc:
http://poe.trade/search/ikohokonayamed
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 21, 2016, 6:19:27 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Crystal belts are damn nice and solve many issues while leaving you exposed to chill/freeze so then you have to carry flasks for that. But that may be worth it.

I'll wait some more before changing the guide and recommending new things. It's only been 2.5 weeks and it's a special league.

This would be really hard to give up heh & it's not even close to great rolls. Also fear my awesome 1% move roll... twice.
Last edited by Endactam on Sep 21, 2016, 6:29:51 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
TeaAddict wrote:

You can buy it for 1 alc:
http://poe.trade/search/ikohokonayamed

Now I just need to work on my resistances :()

Spoiler
"
TeaAddict wrote:
Now I just need to work on my resistances :()

Are you in HC or something? You don't need to worry about resistances at all until the 'pit stop' upgrade at lv 51 (A4C). Then you buy 1 alc items with Int, ES and resists enough for Merciless as well. But at lv 33 it doesn't matter at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info