Why Poe is becoming PAY TO WIN GAME - free discusion

Pay to win? not even close
"
Tejlonpl wrote:
But I got enraged when I found out only premium stash owners sell items fast , and for e.g.. ME without any premium but with a lot of standard tabs ( 12 ) I am fucked . To sell anything on Poe trade and to be online ( everyone knows most people search only for online offers , even Poe trade has automatically " online only " button pressed ) now I need to use program acquisition , run it and give my password to steam , email address etc. ( R U JOKING ? )
Program looks 100% unsafe and easy to crack . I think this is pay for win coz u win with a lot of money ( U c an buy much better equ = winning in pvp or even killing uber and looting turbo expensive uniques ) . I think with such changes game is becoming pay to win step by step .

Having a Premium Stash Tab doesn't sell your items faster. If puts them on the market faster. If you still have no clue how to price anything you're still not going to sell anything, no matter how many premium stash tabs you have. Not even remotely P2W.
What kind of shit argument is this? My nipples are insulted by this bad logic in this thread.

If you are going to argue a game is P2W, at least pick a more gray area game like Hearthstone or LoL.
Yeah, on a p2w scale from 1 to 10 PoE is like a 2.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Cant believe this troll thread made it past 20 pages.

The dead pot has been stirred.

Pay to bling.

/thread
Dota 2 is the only other F2P game that is either better or equal when it comes to not being a p2w game or gating content from free players (besides cosmetics).

There is no "win" in this game, only the long, suffering, emotionally bereft path of the exile.

You could beat the Shaper to death with atziri's severed head and still not win this game.

Stash tabs as p2w? You get 30 mule slots for free. Compared to most other f2p games, POE is very generous for the starting player.
"
neonive wrote:
Cant believe this troll thread made it past 20 pages.

The dead pot has been stirred.

Pay to bling.

/thread

It is telegraphically clear OP just wanted to stir the shit pot. Problem is whenever the pot is stirred people do inevitably try to debate this crap over and over even though it is heavily established that we players in general are pretty solidly split on how p2w and p4convenience is defined and will pretty much be a dead horse since neither side is willing to budge. We are also aware of this and that is why some of us seem to capitalize on that fact and think that if we try to argue the same thing each time it is brought up, the other side will surely see the light. Problem is that the other side thinks the exact same thing. Hence the shit stirrers just wait for the current debates to get past page 3 or 4 and post again.

It is actually admirable that this debate keeps going on but sad that it is pretty equivalent of asking for a staunch voter to see past the D or R next to a politician's name. You can give them the best reasoning in the world why they should vote for Politician X but if they aren't in that voter's side they won't even contemplate your argument for a moment.

It is at least how I have come to see these arguments. I personally support the pay for convenience side since I went around year without supporting once and could have gone longer if I wasn't as lazy as I was about stash space. But I see people on both sides of the line that don't even address the other's arguments and just say things like "No that reasoning as wrong, mine is right!" without proving shit about either one. Or when their argument is shot down logically they simply refuse to agree with it and continue to insist their feelings are in the right place.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
We already made it clear on Global 1 that PoE is p2w.

This issue is already over.

Thanks guys.

not p2w at all...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info