WOW GGG banned a Master Supporter player

lol at someone trying to use ghudda as an example that people get off scotch free.

Ghudda is one of POEs most valuable players, the dude has found soo many game breaking bugs and interactions that its surprising he hasnt been hired as a play tester.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
I wonder if he got to keep the stuff he crash crafted after 5 day ban.

No risk +1 gem on any 6L chest of your choice is amazing lol.

No risk Empower 4/Enlighten 4

So cool.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on May 25, 2016, 6:33:39 AM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
lol at someone trying to use ghudda as an example that people get off scotch free.

Ghudda is one of POEs most valuable players, the dude has found soo many game breaking bugs and interactions that its surprising he hasnt been hired as a play tester.

It's 'scot-free'. And his the status as a streamer should not protect a him from what should have been a full account ban and lock.
[Removed by self]
Last edited by Nuro on May 25, 2016, 11:28:21 AM
"
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

It's 'scot-free'. And his the status as a streamer should not protect a him from what should have been a full account ban and lock.

As far as I am aware, the whole 5 day ban thing from what I had heard/read was Ghudda going out of his way to show not only GGG but everybody how the bug abuse worked. Yes it is not a good service to the community to share bug abuse secrets, but showing it off would pretty much guarantee that GGG had to take care of it ASAP. Considering that he isn't a malicious player trying to take down the game by spreading exploits at every turn, I'm under the impression that he showed the exploit off knowing full well GGG understood his intentions and they used the 5 days to make sure everything he had made through the exploit was absolutely gone.

If they would have perma banned him, you probably would have seen a reaction video from him/other streamers simply blasting GGG for going overboard because the intention seemed to be a snarky way of getting GGG to fix the problem before malicious players abused it without informing GGG and thus creating havoc with the economy at the time.

I could be wrong, but those were my exact thoughts when he showed this off.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
raics wrote:
"
xiMy wrote:
Are you from the US? Because EU law is vastly different. It starts with EULA immediately being void if you can only read it after you purchased the game/licence and also other stuff like language/content being too difficult to understand.

Yeah, but that's the thing about free games, you accept terms of use before you can buy anything and in Blizzard's case, if you downloaded the game from their store you had to create a battlenet account first and accept the terms of use, so what you're saying would apply only if you bought your software in a store, prior to account creation. Most online games reserve the right to ban you for no reason in case they know you're doing something illegal but can't prove it, I suppose you have to trust them not to abuse it.

Anyway, that software reselling thing wouldn't apply to something like an online account, because that legally counts as providing service, not a product. So, like I said, you have no ownership of the account so you can't sell it, unlike the Oracle case where you do buy the software. In case of Blizzard, you own your D3 copy, but the account is not part of it and you do not own it, and they are not obliged to provide you access to the game without an account.

It's a bit of a loophole and one of the reasons developers have been switching over to the account access system these past years. It prevents piracy and makes reselling used games more difficult, maybe laws on the matter will be more clear one day but they still aren't.

xiMy and OP just went full sovereign citizen against game companies on this topic, I bet if they tried to take any of this argument to court, they would get laughed out and made to pay for wasting the legal system's time. They are trying to argue that terms of service where your stuff is taken away at the company's discretion is illegal through consumer protection. They should know full well that the ToS/ToU of games nowadays from indie to AAA companies are written precisely to comply with any consumer protection laws. You agreed that anything in game is a loan when you made your character, whether you paid for it with real money (mtx), or with time in game (items and currency). Essentially, the whole client and all of its assets are on loan by GGG. Therefore, you break their rules, your loan contract is voided.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
TriniGamer wrote:
[Removed by Support]

^ thats the guy says banned....

OMG how much does the master supporter pack even cost?

Holy crap imagine how he must feel? this is generally why I never spend money on F2P games. Having your account banned is a serious no go for me when I have spent so much money.

You shouldn't support a company expecting some kind of immunity. That's why it's called support, i think.
Sometimes...
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:43:30 PM
"
"
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

As far as I am aware, the whole 5 day ban thing from what I had heard/read was Ghudda going out of his way to show not only GGG but everybody how the bug abuse worked. Yes it is not a good service to the community to share bug abuse secrets, but showing it off would pretty much guarantee that GGG had to take care of it ASAP. Considering that he isn't a malicious player trying to take down the game by spreading exploits at every turn, I'm under the impression that he showed the exploit off knowing full well GGG understood his intentions and they used the 5 days to make sure everything he had made through the exploit was absolutely gone.

If they would have perma banned him, you probably would have seen a reaction video from him/other streamers simply blasting GGG for going overboard because the intention seemed to be a snarky way of getting GGG to fix the problem before malicious players abused it without informing GGG and thus creating havoc with the economy at the time.

I could be wrong, but those were my exact thoughts when he showed this off.

The way to inform GGG of the bug is not to demonstrate it to 100 or whatever sheep-like stream watchers so that they can try it themselves, it is to go directly and secretively to GGG with the info. OFF STREAM.

It deserved a full permanent ban. End of story.
Hence I said it was his way of getting it fixed in a snarky way. He pretty much threw it out there knowing he wouldn't be permanently banned because he was expecting to have his account locked until they cleaned it of everything exploited and also solved the exploit.

Was it a shitty way to get the exploit fixed? Yes. Would there have been huge backlash of permanently locking his account away from every being accessed again? Very likely.

Yes they should have perma banned his account, but the fans and other streamers would have had the "Overreact much?" reaction towards GGG because of his clear intention of not actually profiting from it or intending to let it spread to viewers to actually be used. IT was more to inform the public how people were wrecking the economy rather than months later people wondering why the economies were destroyed without a proper explanation. From my perspective, he locked GGG in the situation that they had to ban him for at least a while until the problem dissipated, but a permanent ban would have brought them a lot of negative press on the streamer side. Not saying that he was right, just that I see why he got a slap on the wrist in this particular instance. If he does it again in some form, I have no doubt his account is as good as deleted.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info