WOW GGG banned a Master Supporter player

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"

Just to clarify, Supporter Packs are available to purchase to players who want to support Path of Exile and see it continue to grow. Purchasing Supporter Packs does not in any way exempt someone from abiding by the Terms of Use.
Pretty sure GGG would close their eyes if they see Ziggy doing something forbidden

ghudda was crash/ crafting in stream and only got his account blocked for 5 days... so yeah if u stream and bla bla bla ... the threat is different https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvwEPJ-WhoY i bet all of those mirror crafters did it
" You... managed to catch the fish i wanted? Congratulations! Let´s keep this a secret between the two of us, shall we? In the meantime, take this. It should be useful in the future." - Krillson, the 8th Master.
Grinding Gear & Gems
Last edited by typ3r on May 24, 2016, 10:13:57 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Pretty sure GGG would close their eyes if they see Ziggy doing something forbidden
Zebo is pushing people to play crap builds ... and GGG still did nothing FeelsBadMan
" You... managed to catch the fish i wanted? Congratulations! Let´s keep this a secret between the two of us, shall we? In the meantime, take this. It should be useful in the future." - Krillson, the 8th Master.
Grinding Gear & Gems
from my point of view, ggg needs to treat all their players equally. which means that in case of a ToS violation all get the same punishment.

the lowest common denominator all players have is char progress and items they gathered which may be taken away.

every additional punishment is unfair treatment of players.

the company wants players to freely support them. in that sense it's counter productive to increase the possible damage to the supporter with every dollar he spends in case he violates some unclear terms like "disturbing the gameplay of others" while the game allows all this in it's mechanics (with player kills in bandits quests for example).

######

on the other hand i pretty much understand that ggg doesn't want supporters who want to harm the game in every possible way.

i think, when they started the game, they just copied common procedures from pay to win games at the time because there weren't much "free to play and no pay to win" games at the time without having a second thought about what they do in their special business case.

"sales on items" only make sense for items that bring ingame advantages (like stash tabs) and "taking away supporter decorations" at the keystroke of a ggg employee without the need to inform the suporter about the reason will result in players only suporting the bare minimum until they established some trust in ggg.

trust which is easily busted when a ggg employee goes on a trust killing spree, telling the supporter base they always banned players on "scamming".

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on May 25, 2016, 3:57:35 AM
Like I said before, many game out there has double standards for their high rollers opposite to the peons especially for inde companies. GGG seems to be doing alright tho.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
TriniGamer wrote:
[Removed by Support]

^ thats the guy says banned....

OMG how much does the master supporter pack even cost?

Holy crap imagine how he must feel? this is generally why I never spend money on F2P games. Having your account banned is a serious no go for me when I have spent so much money.

Supporting doesn't mean you are free to brake rules.

If this is your reason to not spend money on F2P games... I think you are doing some shady shit, then. :V If you are not cheating, you are safe, but you seem to be afraid of something.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
TriniGamer wrote:
[Removed by Support]

^ thats the guy says banned....

OMG how much does the master supporter pack even cost?

Holy crap imagine how he must feel? this is generally why I never spend money on F2P games. Having your account banned is a serious no go for me when I have spent so much money.

Supporting doesn't mean you are free to brake rules.

If this is your reason to not spend money on F2P games... I think you are doing some shady shit, then. :V If you are not cheating, you are safe, but you seem to be afraid of something.

That's why I guessed he might came from D3 because blizz's passive detection system is so aggressive people couldn't realistically bot anymore... especially botting in D3 is now instant perma ban.

He could've played other f2p games and think that if you spent money then the game company would have to suck your dick, and probably was shocked to see GGG banning supporters for w/e offense... (or he was banned by GGG and is trying to pull a temper tantrum).

That's my guess tho, otherwise none of the stuff he said makes any sense here on Earth.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on May 25, 2016, 3:17:11 AM
Good gravy, I leave this guy alone for a while and he just goes off the rails on a crazy train. Wonderfully entertaining.

In before he claims his second probation and the previous one are also good reasons not to support the game. "You can be probatated for expressing your (very, very flawed argument) opinions mixed in with direct insults/ supporting illegal in game behavior? Such insolence! I will have you bow before me if you wish to see my money!"

The terms of use and what not need to violate the law in order to be null and void or sueable. GGG makes it clear you are being loaned everything in this game. If you are a good boy/girl, that loan is indefinite by implication. If you aren't, good luck continuing to get that loan. Nothing illegal about that agreement that you sign by creating an account.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on May 25, 2016, 3:40:57 AM
"
Nssheepster wrote:

Also...Funny sidenote. My father tried to go "You spend too much money on those damn games"...I came back with "Yeah, but you spend more on cigarettes and my lungs are fine." He didn't appreciate it, but my mother was laughing too hard for him to say anything snarky. :-)

For me it was like "You're wasting so much time playing these games.." - "Yeah, but at least i'm not getting drunk every weekend like all the other kids" ;)

@OP: Good job getting yourself on probation finally, was about time!
"
xiMy wrote:
Are you from the US? Because EU law is vastly different. It starts with EULA immediately being void if you can only read it after you purchased the game/licence and also other stuff like language/content being too difficult to understand.

Yeah, but that's the thing about free games, you accept terms of use before you can buy anything and in Blizzard's case, if you downloaded the game from their store you had to create a battlenet account first and accept the terms of use, so what you're saying would apply only if you bought your software in a store, prior to account creation. Most online games reserve the right to ban you for no reason in case they know you're doing something illegal but can't prove it, I suppose you have to trust them not to abuse it.

Anyway, that software reselling thing wouldn't apply to something like an online account, because that legally counts as providing service, not a product. So, like I said, you have no ownership of the account so you can't sell it, unlike the Oracle case where you do buy the software. In case of Blizzard, you own your D3 copy, but the account is not part of it and you do not own it, and they are not obliged to provide you access to the game without an account.

It's a bit of a loophole and one of the reasons developers have been switching over to the account access system these past years. It prevents piracy and makes reselling used games more difficult, maybe laws on the matter will be more clear one day but they still aren't.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
It's been a decade or so since I last "owned" a copy of windows. '95 they switched to licence or was it earlier than that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info