Congrats on destroying Voltaxic Rift

Voltaxic nerf is not as lame as the consuming dark butchery.

Voltaxic is actually a decent dps bow even without the chaos conversion. Like if you compare it to other bows ~5ex or less, it's strong. So the conversion nerf from 100% to 60% (loss of 40%) doesn't make the bow useless.

Whereas even a perfect consuming dark is a SHIT caster dagger compared to things you can buy for 5ex or less: 60% crit + 60% spell damage. One of the many rares I have available to replace it with (which I bought for 3ex) is 173% crit, 70% spell damage, 21-45 fire damage to spells, and 27% crit multiplier.

For a legacy 75% chaos conversion (and auto poison) I give up 113% crit, 10% spell damage, 21-45 fire damage to spells, and 27% crit multiplier. If you need to dual wield non-legacy consuming darks you give up double, effectively 226% crit, 20% spell damage, 42-90 fire damage to spells, and 54% crit multiplier. That's massive.

And consuming dark is going down to 30%? Even the legacy ones? That's a 60% nerf. It's just not worth paying the opportunity cost for such little chaos conversion, especially if you're using something like crit flame totem where reflect doesn't matter anyway.

I'm definitely better off going wands now (it was already a sacrifice to go 1 legacy consuming dark + rare dagger); my tooltip is actually 20k higher with wands (and my fast lab times are with a 21/20 lightning warp, 21/20 less duration, 20/23 faster casting, rapid decay, and a 12/12/12 warped timepiece (no whirling blades)).

For many builds, a 30% consuming dark will become junk tier.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on May 22, 2016, 9:06:29 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Just need a 40% Elemental-to-Chaos conversion quiver. I don't think you kill Voltaxic just by telling people they can't run Drillneck.

Pretty lame otherwise though.

What??? I'm running a Blast Rain Scion archer now with:

You mean to say that next league I can't do that. Where did GGG post that info? And on top of that the 100% Lightning damage converted to chaos is going down to 60%? Well GGG, here's another fine mess you've gotten yourself into yet again with allowing chaos damage to double dip and not subject to reflect. Just fix chaos damage and not nerf the bow.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
The change to Voltaxic Rift really irks me.

It was always a slow-yet-safe/consistent option due to not having to deal with reflect or resistances on most enemies. This didn't change until more and more ways to scale chaos damage were added (from the tree especially), poison was introduced with its double application of damage modifiers, and certain gems were buffed. Suddenly everything converting to chaos is deemed overpowered. It feels to me like chaos moving closer to just being another damage type while still keeping all of its old benefits is the problem, not the couple uniques that have been fine for years.

Or maybe I am wrong and it is a problem. In that case... why gut the interesting and actually unique aspect of this item -- converting lightning to chaos? Why not keep it converting 100%, but just stick a less damage modifier on it instead? That way it still has its old role, and the item's stats reinforce it.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
What??? I'm running a Blast Rain Scion archer now with:

Is the chain there deliberately to lower your flame totem damage?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
just ban ziggyD and all the other streamers...all they do is ruin the fun for everyone.
"
Ceri wrote:
And now when the defining property of it is ruined, what's the point in using it?

The defining property is still there, and at a value of 60%, still much higher than other comparable items, or even skill gems. A lot of items get 20%-30% and those items are shit in other areas to compensate. Consuming is 50% but it is also in a higher rarity tier than the 20 to 30 percents.

The bow may have 'always been that way' but the game today isn't how it always was. It was a fine nerf and the bow is still usable. And it should still combo nicely for spell casters with that new lightning damage + cast speed quiver coming out in 2.3.

While I can sympathize with any creator of an item having their baby changed later, you're being over dramatic.
Last edited by innervation on May 22, 2016, 10:09:03 PM
"
joachimbond wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:

Well with that said... isnt that been a problem EVERYONE bitches about regarding Standard?

Actually, no. The only ones who bitch about it are scrubs who fail out of hardcore temp leagues and don't bother rerolling. In other words, the type of people who make up the EPCC (pronounced "Epic" of course). That's the E-Peen Comparison Consortium, in case you were wondering.
"

the fact Legacy items even exist in the first place? I mean atleast this is a start of not adding to it.. Its already very well known theres no possible way to fix what has already been done and made legacy in the past.
Yeah no.
"

Either way the true issue isnt being addressed so its just par for the course i suppose..
Ofcourse NOW theres the whole.. Well Legacy items COULD have been avoided in the first place altogether.. And nerfs like this sort of prove it. BUT they were created so why? If they can retro nerf this then why couldn't they before? what had changed now all of a sudden that they can nerf this way but couldn't back then? What because its just a numeric change? wasnt ALL the other changes to items numeric as well?

The crown of eyes fiasco is proof that they can obsolete or rewrite any item they want at will. They can do whatever they want, and always have. It's their game. But there's only so hard you want to push that, when you count on MTX for your bread and butter.

HEY! your right. Who gives a shit about consistency.. Like when one of the most OP weapons in the game "AT the time" was nerfed exactly the same way.. Mjolner! ...Oh wait.. Yeah thats right.. it DID see a legacy version.. But since Voltaxic is a numerical nerf it should be retro.. So where is the consistancy? I mean if everything is at will like you say then why even have legacy shit in the first place is my question? its obviously caused more controversy than good.. Unless you happen to an owner of these items when they go legacy. At which point you get rich.. Which to my understanding is half the reason items go legacy to reward players who stick around for the long haul.

thats the point here.. the ball is in their court sure but showing favoritism to some items while shitting on others isn't exactly good either... Especially when they state legacy items come from a programing problem yet its obviously determined by the item.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on May 22, 2016, 10:18:04 PM
"
Vhlad wrote:
Voltaxic nerf is not as lame as the consuming dark butchery.

Voltaxic is actually a decent dps bow even without the chaos conversion. Like if you compare it to other bows ~5ex or less, it's strong. So the conversion nerf from 100% to 60% (loss of 40%) doesn't make the bow useless.

Whereas even a perfect consuming dark is a SHIT caster dagger compared to things you can buy for 5ex or less: 60% crit + 60% spell damage. One of the many rares I have available to replace it with (which I bought for 3ex) is 173% crit, 70% spell damage, 21-45 fire damage to spells, and 27% crit multiplier.

For a legacy 75% chaos conversion (and auto poison) I give up 113% crit, 10% spell damage, 21-45 fire damage to spells, and 27% crit multiplier. If you need to dual wield non-legacy consuming darks you give up double, effectively 226% crit, 20% spell damage, 42-90 fire damage to spells, and 54% crit multiplier. That's massive.

And consuming dark is going down to 30%? Even the legacy ones? That's a 60% nerf. It's just not worth paying the opportunity cost for such little chaos conversion, especially if you're using something like crit flame totem where reflect doesn't matter anyway.

I'm definitely better off going wands now (it was already a sacrifice to go 1 legacy consuming dark + rare dagger); my tooltip is actually 20k higher with wands (and my fast lab times are with a 21/20 lightning warp, 21/20 less duration, 20/23 faster casting, rapid decay, and a 12/12/12 warped timepiece (no whirling blades)).

For many builds, a 30% consuming dark will become junk tier.

Junk tier? That's implying that it's useful It's SHIT tier hahahaha
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Im not saying i appreciate the "adjustment" of Volta, but it was the only way to hit Sparkers as well.

But honestly, the only thing that'll change is that you prolly roll over ele reflect and try to get more light% from passive instead of chaos ('cuz the %chaos just lost 40% of its values).
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"First they came for the Bringers of Rain, and I did not speak out —
Because I was not a Rain Bringer.

Then they came for the Crown of Eyes, and I did not speak out —
For I knew my eyes were not crowned.

Then they came for the holy Vinktar Vessels, and again I did not speak out.
Alas, I was not a sanctified vessel of Vinktar.

Finally, they came for me — and there was no one left to speak for me."

(sup Ceri)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info