Congrats on destroying Voltaxic Rift

I edited my post to try to explain what happens when 1 projectile is fired.

Rupenus may also be getting 3 projectiles by default (quiver corruption + endless munitions). Extra projectiles may or may not increase damage, I'm not 100% sure. Comparing 4-5 projectiles to 2-3 projectiles is problematic because the extra projectiles may just be too far spread out for the aoe explosion damage to overlap.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on May 25, 2016, 4:13:14 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:43:48 PM
GGG has a really poor balance team.

They've always done the easy fix which in the end just creates more problems.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
It's ridiculous that they nerf'd the conversion instead of the multiplier gems/game mechanics surrounding said multiplier gems. The item was fine for years. They added all of these new multiplier gems and passives that suddenly made it ridiculously OP yet somehow the problem got traced back to chaos conversion (?). Not well thought out in my opinion but it's hardly the first bad development decision GGG has made. Mostly I'm grateful I don't own any Voltaxics but I do sympathize with players having their gear devalued.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
raics wrote:
Besides, the design of Voltaxic and Consuming was somewhat ridiculous from the start. Converting into chaos is an advantage in itself, did they really have to give you free status effects as well?

Voltaxic was absolute shit except in HC to defend against reflect. Once they added ways to scale damage (such as double dipping) then it became overpowered, but the Bow itself wasn't the issue, the double dipping was.

Why is it that people act like double dipping was an issue at all? LA never ever poisoned. Its scaling existed, aside from Void Manipulation, which could be easily replaced, since god knows when. LA + GMP + Chain/Pierce + added lightning + WED. It would be trivial to replace Void Manipulation. Increased crits (most likely the best way to go, IMO), faster attacks, god knows what else.

Blast Rain? Okay, a little hairier as it used poison, but as Mathil showed, you can just frostwall and blow enemies up in a single LA anyway. That said, even if you couldn't double dip poison and couldn't use void manip (say it was 100% less ele), you could still replace it with increased crits, faster attacks, slower proj, and increased crit damage. Only issue would be that you'd need a blue armor to use all the blue gems.

That's a huge cost to be able to utilize all those blue gems, which makes it in line with other builds.

The current issue is that Voltaxic's efficiency far exceeds its cost, and the only reason why it does is specifically because of Blast Rain/Poison double dipping mechanics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info