Congrats on destroying Voltaxic Rift

60% conversion as of next patch - no legacy version.

Great job. You really killed it. One of my favourite uniques in the game since August 2013, and now suddenly you think it's overpowered and destroy the defining property of the item just because poor balance elsewhere. Just great.

If I was Icestormer I'd be quite upset right now. Even though I'm not him/her, I'm quite upset.
Last bumped on May 25, 2016, 4:50:14 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
So this item still does amazing damage and 60% reflect damage reduction. Sounds like a pretty damn solid item to me.

Also why do you think it is a good game design that we have an item with super good damage (chaos damage > physical damage > elemental), immune to reflect and no opportunity cost (there is no downside to go Voltaxic. It is just superior in every single way).
Last edited by Frankenberry on May 22, 2016, 5:34:14 PM
Just need a 40% Elemental-to-Chaos conversion quiver. I don't think you kill Voltaxic just by telling people they can't run Drillneck.

Pretty lame otherwise though.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 22, 2016, 5:33:44 PM
"
Ceri wrote:
60% conversion as of next patch - no legacy version.

Great job. You really killed it. One of my favourite uniques in the game since August 2013, and now suddenly you think it's overpowered and destroy the defining property of the item just because poor balance elsewhere. Just great.

If I was Icestormer I'd be quite upset right now. Even though I'm not him/her, I'm quite upset.

You do realize these are the same guys that have reflect in the game because they can't balance shit? No quality here, just laziness.
Yeah I don't give a shit obviously but I can understand the frustration seeing how voltaxic has never been touched like ever then all of a sudden it got fucked LOL they didn't even remotely listen to Mathil / Bakedchicken decent top tier people really.

Well blame the community cause frankly it's their fault.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on May 22, 2016, 5:38:03 PM
"
Frankenberry wrote:
So this item still does amazing damage and 60% reflect damage reduction. Sounds like a pretty damn solid item to me.

No. The damage of Voltaxic was never the point. It is pretty low dps honestly, it's not hard at all to find a rare bow that has significantly higher dps for a couple of chaos. And now when the defining property of it is ruined, what's the point in using it? Ok, granted it's one beautiful bow, and it's very purple.

I don't know, it just feels like a knee-jerk reaction to a problem that isn't with the item itself but with recent additions to the game. Fix those instead, I'd say. This isn't gonna fix anything that's actually broken.
"
Ceri wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:

No. The damage of Voltaxic was never the point. It is pretty low dps honestly, it's not hard at all to find a rare bow that has significantly higher dps for a couple of chaos. And now when the defining property of it is ruined, what's the point in using it? Ok, granted it's one beautiful bow, and it's very purple.

I don't know, it just feels like a knee-jerk reaction to a problem that isn't with the item itself but with recent additions to the game. Fix those instead, I'd say. This isn't gonna fix anything that's actually broken.

It will have a prophecy... boom 100%
That's good.

But the prophecy will contain sodium benzoate.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Also why do you think it is a good game design that we have an item with super good damage (chaos damage > physical damage > elemental), immune to reflect and no opportunity cost (there is no downside to go Voltaxic. It is just superior in every single way).

Sorry I missed your second statement, wasn't intentional.

Well, I consider reflect in all forms to be terrible design. I hate it in all games that use it.

As I said before, Voltaxic itself isn't "super good damage", not even close. The reason some builds are broken using it is not a problem with the bow, it's a problem with double-dipping that has been discussed ad nauseam elsewhere.

So I reiterate: fix what is actually broken, and leave great designs like Voltaxic as they were designed. This just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, a sad face, and it will fix nothing.
"
Well blame the community cause frankly it's their fault.

If someone is at fault, I'd say it's GGG's fault for listening to them.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info