Congrats on destroying Voltaxic Rift

Yup typically fucking GGG.... Lets do the laziest and easiest way possible to ruin all the fun. Voltaxic did not need to be reduced, double dipping is the problem. How can you never touch that unique and all of a sudden say its too op.

You know whos fault this is? Well GGG's yes but its the damn community's fault for constantly crying over everything that is powerful. If something is strong everyone seems to say its broken. Wtf... guys its okay to have powerful and strong builds. You know what was broken? VAAL SPARK That was broken. Voltaxic was not. Lazy ass developers man, not happy with how they operate.

Took a 2 year break and I come back for perandus and I cant say I'm happy with most things they did...
Ceri, you are here long enough to know that THIS is the way GGG balances things.

they only see that a (shit)load of ppl are using voltaxic and think its OP and need to be nerfed. they never (want to) see the actual problem.

i agree with you that this is the wrong way but we complained so many times and they still do it that way.
"
Frankenberry wrote:
So this item still does amazing damage and 60% reflect damage reduction. Sounds like a pretty damn solid item to me.

Also why do you think it is a good game design that we have an item with super good damage (chaos damage > physical damage > elemental), immune to reflect and no opportunity cost (there is no downside to go Voltaxic. It is just superior in every single way).

The lackluster base damage is quite enough of a downside.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Whats funny to me is this changes nothing... NOW people will STILL run voltaxic with 60% Chaos conversion on lightning and add in Added Chaos Damage gem run POL+topaz and STILL be almost immune to reflect while still facerolling the game. THEN they will finally address the actual problem with Chaos only for this nerf to be left making the item worthless in the end.. Just like BOR, Kaom's Heart and countless other items that have brought to light issues with balance only to be nerfed instead of the actual issue at hand... Then later when they finally relize the true head of the problem and address it.. it leaves the items they nerfed that didnt actually fix the issue in the first place completely worthless.

atleast they are learning... it took them two legacy versions of BOR to address the issue with Block+Eva to eventually fix the problem which left BOR worthless after it was all said and done..
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on May 22, 2016, 6:45:51 PM
"
Demonoz wrote:
Whats funny to me is this changes nothing... NOW people will STILL run voltaxic with 60% Chaos conversion on lightning and add in Added Chaos Damage gem run POL+topaz and STILL be almost immune to reflect while still facerolling the game. THEN they will finally address the actual problem with Chaos only for this nerf to be left making the item worthless in the end.. Just like BOR, Kaom's Heart and countless other items that have brought to light issues with balance only to be nerfed instead of the actual issue at hand... Then later when they finally relize the true head of the problem and address it.. it leaves the items they nerfed that didnt actually fix the issue in the first place completely worthless.

atleast they are learning... it took them two legacy versions of BOR to address the issue with Block+Eva to eventually fix the problem which left BOR worthless after it was all said and done..

NOT just like BoR and Kaom's... More like CoE.

NO LEGACY.

You worked hard for that 100% conversion bow didn't you, exile?

HAHAHA too bad. The E-Peen Comparison Consortium (EPCC, pronounced "Epic", of course), a.k.a. the hardcore peanut gallery, said it was OP, so we nerfed the fuck out of it! Enjoy, sucker!
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Last edited by joachimbond on May 22, 2016, 7:27:27 PM
"
joachimbond wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:

NOT just like BoR and Kaom's... More like CoE.

NO LEGACY.

You worked hard for that 100% conversion bow didn't you, exile?

HAHAHA too bad. Our e-peen comparison team (a.k.a. the hardcore peanut gallery) said it was OP, so we nerfed the fuck out of it! Enjoy, sucker!

Well with that said... isnt that been a problem EVERYONE bitches about regarding Standard? the fact Legacy items even exist in the first place? I mean atleast this is a start of not adding to it.. Its already very well known theres no possible way to fix what has already been done and made legacy in the past.

Either way the true issue isnt being addressed so its just par for the course i suppose..
Ofcourse NOW theres the whole.. Well Legacy items COULD have been avoided in the first place altogether.. And nerfs like this sort of prove it. BUT they were created so why? If they can retro nerf this then why couldn't they before? what had changed now all of a sudden that they can nerf this way but couldn't back then? What because its just a numeric change? wasnt ALL the other changes to items numeric as well?
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on May 22, 2016, 6:55:24 PM
Came on here, wanted (or at least thought I had) something witty to say about being a lab rat, but drats, i've got nothing.
Well, GGG could go and nerf all legacy items to the current values of those items, they've proved it time and again with items like Atziri's Acuity and this upcoming nerf to chaos conversion. Though GGG seems to claim to avoid creating legacies, they have left a large number of them in standard, and those legacies are now worth considerably more than their non-legacy counterparts.

Adding a prophecy to change Voltaxic back to a 100% conversion just furthers the legacy/non-legacy issues plaguing standard at this point in time because you have another type of legacy item that is considerably more powerful than the item it was upgraded from and with (probably) no way to obtain it in the future.
New values seem fine to me, 100% conversion should not be possible without huge sacrifices like giving up a support gem slot to reach it. 60% conversion is more than enough to hugely reduce reflect danger, and the fact that double dipping is still on means it will still be possible to get good dps.
Of course, since I just bought a Voltaxic 6L, why the hell wouldn't they ruin it? That happened when I traded my shavs (back when it was 60-80ex) for an SRS setup, right after which, they nerfed it and ruined that build. Every time I get a cool item or setup, they break it. This game is stupid, I'm going to go play Warframe where they don't ruin everything every single league.

Unless my Voltaxic will be legacy, in which case I take it all back :P and I'll just play in standard from now on.
Last edited by CentauriSoldier on May 22, 2016, 7:21:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info