Forbes Claim that D3 is the Greatest ARPG ever made

"
TheWretch wrote:
"
D3 was horrible. Ill say no more.

And since when did Forbes know ANYTHING about gaming? Thats right, never.

BTW we and many others pre ordered D3 BECAUSE OF DIABLO2 , LOD AND D1. Just off the fact that the previous games were nothing less than legendary and many of us waited a decade for the next Diablo. And Blizzard dropped the ball.

Idiots who werent even old enough to play d2 at the time really shouldn't even be commenting here. You have NO idea of what you are talking about.

If you think D3 sold so much because it was such a "solid" game you are a moron. It sold because of its reputation.

I for one would have never bought the game if I knew it was gonna be such a PoS.

Funny how in 2012 the internet wasn't around and you couldn't watch dozens of gameplay vids and previews to make an informed purchase. Shame.
You mean the previews that showed the runes as something you find and not something you just have? The previews where leveling took more than a few hours? How about that open beta weekend where you could try it out? Yeah, getting to the skeleton king really gave you a complete picture of what you would be getting. Come on. You have to know that most people were interested because of D2. If they had named the game something other than Diablo 3, do you honestly think so many people would have preordered it? Be honest. How many people would have preordered the game if it was called Reaper of Souls with no reference to Diablo? Even if they released the current state of the game (arguably the best version) back then under the RoS name, there would have been millions of people wait for actual reviews before buying it.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
^ I don't disagree with any of that.

E: Some people just take it too far with the nonsense but everything you mentioned is true
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on May 13, 2016, 11:10:11 PM
I go back and forth between POE and d3, and I find d3 to be superior in many ways.

More I play POE, more I realize that what I thought would be a nice feature turned out to be what makes the game really boring (trading for example, is one of them. I had such a fond memory trading in diablo 2 that I thought trading was a complete necessity in ARPG, but I am beginning to realize that D3 might have gotten it right).

I really don't want to spend most of my time trading nor do I wish to bother setting up a shop so people can reach me via poe.trade... It's extremely easy for me to buy stuff, but hard for me to sell stuff.

I don't have time for that as a casual player who only has 2-3 hours to play after work every day. I assume lots of hardcore players will start bashing at me, but understand we all have different situations.

At this point, I've resorted to playing self-found, single player mode this game, and the lack of multi-player aspect early game makes POE really boring compared to d3's early game.
Last edited by dooboosoda on May 13, 2016, 11:23:57 PM
D3 is a piece of shit successor to D2, that's for sure. It's still a very decent game tho.

(gotta reach that 10 pages)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
mark1030 wrote:
How about that open beta weekend where you could try it out? Yeah, getting to the skeleton king really gave you a complete picture of what you would be getting.
Basically, if it weren't for the D3 beta, I wouldn't be a forumer.

I was a member of the D3 closed beta. It wasn't any different, we just ran Skeleton King over and over again, too. I looked at it opportunistically; I didn't provide any feedback, just played.

Later, when the game had been released and I began to take it all in, eventually I started to feel something like guilt. The beta had been a complete joke, and most of us just smiled and nodded like sycophants while the issues weren't addressed, or even made available to be addressed. The overwhelmingly positive beta-community response at the time is, in retrospect, sickening.

I feel I may have made a bit of the same mistake with PoE, perhaps turning a blind eye to issues. But I did speak out against Path of Life Nodes and against Eternal Orbs in the beta, and I feel pretty good about those parts.

But I guess what I'm trying to say is that beta feedback is really important. Perhaps that's part of the reason I've lingered so long; with PoE, the beta feeling is eternal.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 13, 2016, 11:35:23 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
WarUltima wrote:

PoE will never reach the greatest tier in general public's view, simply due to PoE appeals to a very small group of players.

small group of players? Ok, millions of people, small group. The publics view? Everyone I know owns D3, all my guild, and they all think its shit, you mean those people ya? The people who are in those sales figures? If you think D3 holds some kind of consistent player base that is 4x, 10x the size of PoEs I think you are vastly mistaken.

HAHAHAHAHA

yea the people in your PoE guild talks trash about Diablo 3. Who would ever thought?

If you think PoE has competitive population against Diablo 3... you are probably delusional.

Funny how bad D3 is yet everyone and their moms in your guild still brought it. Get it? Jokes on yourself.
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
D3 was horrible. Ill say no more.

And since when did Forbes know ANYTHING about gaming? Thats right, never.

BTW we and many others pre ordered D3 BECAUSE OF DIABLO2 , LOD AND D1. Just off the fact that the previous games were nothing less than legendary and many of us waited a decade for the next Diablo. And Blizzard dropped the ball.

Idiots who werent even old enough to play d2 at the time really shouldn't even be commenting here. You have NO idea of what you are talking about.

If you think D3 sold so much because it was such a "solid" game you are a moron. It sold because of its reputation.

I for one would have never bought the game if I knew it was gonna be such a PoS.

Too bad that in 2012 the internet wasn't around and you couldn't watch dozens of gameplay vids and previews to make an informed purchase. Shame. They really hoodwinked you and everyone else huh?!

You are a real dumbass if you think I purchased d3 blindly. I was one of the plebs who followed kripp at the time. Not my fault I thought they would follow the essence of d2.. Instead they made a completely different game that to me doesnt even feel like Diablo.

The only thing I have to thank D3 for is about 3-4 weeks in I started looking for a new arpg to play and thats when I found PoE and joined the closed beta. Havent played D3 since I actually think I threw the whole game/box away.
Last edited by AverageSCEnjoyer on May 14, 2016, 12:03:10 AM
"

You are a real dumbass if you think I purchased d3 blindly. was one of the plebs who followed kripp at the time. Not my fault I thought they would follow the essence of d2.. Instead they made a completely different game that to me doesnt even feel like Diablo.

Actually Kripp had tons of fun in D3 and even achieved world first pre-nerf hardcore inferno clear (actually its the only prenerf HC inferno clear since blizzard nerfed the contents shortly after).

A lot of people actually complained about initial D3 was way too hard. And many even picked up PoE because of it.

If Kripp wasn't enjoying the game and clearly D3 is so terrible and you still brought it, then you really look like a dumbass.
Last edited by WarUltima on May 14, 2016, 12:09:59 AM
Its hard for you to put an item in a tab and set a price for it? Not even sure why im posting on this thread because I really cannot deal with peoples idiocies today.

Most of these retorts are coming from WoW era kids who are used to having everything handed to them in games. With no freedom or choice to do anything outside of the cookie cutter standard.

Im beginning to think that Blizzard is simply the antichrist of gaming nowadays (Overwatch being their only exception).

I was playing the entire time Kripp was(had his stream up on a second monitor) i know he was world first i was 2 acts behind him. Really, not sure what your point is? If kripp wasnt having fun, are you not able to form an opinion for yourself? [Removed by support]

Oh and he exploited that world first, guess that will go ignored? Why is a kid that didnt even play d1/d2 commenting?

Yes D3 was terrible, I was going to buy it regardless because I logged more hours on D2 than any other game on the history of the planet. And this is coming from a guy with 3 lvl 50s pre velious EQ. It took me less than a month to never play D3 again and come to PoE which only had 3 fucking acts at the time in a closed beta where you fucking leveled at docks all day.. Please kid.
Last edited by Eben_GGG on May 14, 2016, 12:18:04 AM
"

Oh and he exploited that world first, guess that will go ignored? Why is a kid that didnt even play d1/d2 commenting?

According to Blizzard he's world first is legit. [Removed by support]

Here's the source
http://www.pcgamer.com/world-first-diablo-3-hardcore-inferno-completion-confirmed-by-blizzard/

Were you really watching him? [Removed by support]
Last edited by Eben_GGG on May 14, 2016, 12:18:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info