Forbes Claim that D3 is the Greatest ARPG ever made

"
TriniGamer wrote:
an actual mini map so you don't have to cluster up your entire screen by pressing tab and having to deal with an annoying 16 bit map on the entire screen when a mini map would have sufficed.

Options: UI: Show corner map ✓
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on May 13, 2016, 8:41:07 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
Forbes is about $$$. In their terms D3 is absolutely the "best" ever made. Broke all the records. Context duder:

"
During that time, Diablo 3 has gone from a disastrously launched disappointment to possibly the best ARPG ever made, and it has the sales numbers to match. As I’ve pointed out previously, many may not understand just how successful Diablo 3 really has been, but it’s still #10 in Wikipedia’s list of best-selling games of all time, with 30 million copies sold. And those are year-old numbers, so it may even be higher on the list now. That’s an incredibly statistic.

He's not wrong.

E: his editor sucks though

Yeah. I was baited into buying d3 because d1,d2 and lod were so great for their time. D3 was extremely disappointing for numerous reasons and honestly a refund should have been optional for how terrible it was in comparison to it's predecessors. My purchase still counts toward their record breaking numbers though.
That's a bit extreme. D3 sucked, but not so bad that you deserve a refund. I got $50 out of it... barely.
D3 was horrible. Ill say no more.

And since when did Forbes know ANYTHING about gaming? Thats right, never.

BTW we and many others pre ordered D3 BECAUSE OF DIABLO2 , LOD AND D1. Just off the fact that the previous games were nothing less than legendary and many of us waited a decade for the next Diablo. And Blizzard dropped the ball.

Idiots who werent even old enough to play d2 at the time really shouldn't even be commenting here. You have NO idea of what you are talking about.

If you think D3 sold so much because it was such a "solid" game you are a moron. It sold because of its reputation.

I for one would have never bought the game if I knew it was gonna be such a PoS.
Last edited by AverageSCEnjoyer on May 13, 2016, 9:20:38 PM
I bought d3 because of D2 like you would have to be naive to NOT think anyone did the same. It's a different game like a completely different game then D2 which isn't a surprise Blizz north shattered at that time.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Highest revenue is not best on the consumer side, but it is pretty darn close to best from the business side (highest profit trumps highest revenue).

If GGG really wants to make money, they should move onto an even better PoE 2, then cash out on a massively hyped PoE 3.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Highest revenue is not best on the consumer side, but it is pretty darn close to best from the business side (highest profit trumps highest revenue).

If GGG really wants to make money, they should move onto an even better PoE 2, then cash out on a massively hyped PoE 3.

Crazy like a fox! ( I like it!)
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I've played both and imo d3 is better at everything except loot. Don't expect to get neutral answers here on the path of exile main forums. Most will be biased....
"
I've played both and imo d3 is better at everything except loot. Don't expect to get neutral answers here on the path of exile main forums. Most will be biased....

And a shiny beacon of reason appeared!!
"
D3 was horrible. Ill say no more.

And since when did Forbes know ANYTHING about gaming? Thats right, never.

BTW we and many others pre ordered D3 BECAUSE OF DIABLO2 , LOD AND D1. Just off the fact that the previous games were nothing less than legendary and many of us waited a decade for the next Diablo. And Blizzard dropped the ball.

Idiots who werent even old enough to play d2 at the time really shouldn't even be commenting here. You have NO idea of what you are talking about.

If you think D3 sold so much because it was such a "solid" game you are a moron. It sold because of its reputation.

I for one would have never bought the game if I knew it was gonna be such a PoS.

Too bad that in 2012 the internet wasn't around and you couldn't watch dozens of gameplay vids and previews to make an informed purchase. Shame. They really hoodwinked you and everyone else huh?!
Last edited by TheWretch on May 13, 2016, 10:55:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info