Forbes Claim that D3 is the Greatest ARPG ever made

"
TriniGamer wrote:
If you notice Black Ops 2 was the best selling FPS of all time and until GTA 5 broke its record Black OPS 2 was the most profitable game in history of video games.

This was despite the fact that BO2 was the same exact game as BO1 and MW2 all of which happen to be the same exact game as COD 4

Even the latest Black Ops 3 is just COD 4 with a new coat of paint. Yet it continues to sell like this, Activision has a history of making obscene amounts of money on these arcade games.

D3 was just like that even though it was an ARPG it was an Arcade all ages ARPG designed for Chinese Botters from the get go. And even when they lost the RMAH they still made a killing from ROS because the game is very Arcade just like COD is Arcade.

There is no evidence D3 sold because of D2 given the fact that all advertisements and developer diary showed that D3 was NOTHING like D2 and was all about RMAH and Arcade.

D3 is trash, D2 is the gold standard of ARPG's. Not only does D3 owe it's success to D2 and blizzard north, but so do all blizzard games. Without blizzard north and D2, all blizzard games that followed would have flopped.
I can't stand Forbs articals about games.

It's obvious they are writen for people who don't play games at all
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
WarUltima wrote:
Unfortunately if we are using popularity and overall population D3 appeals to the majority of players and they do have the largest player base, so D3 being greatest in some way is correct.

PoE will never reach the greatest tier in general public's view, simply due to PoE appeals to a very small group of players.

That being said if there was a category of the greatest trading sim within an arpg, PoE would easily win.

Good point the last data I checked ROS was right up there in the best selling expansions of all times aswell. From what you expect of Expansions, ROS was ontop of the best selling so clearly most people didn't buy D3 because of D2 else ROS would not have been so successful in sales.
What data did you check? Because Blizzard only gave total combined D3 and RoS sales data. Never did they list them separately.

"
But I didn't realize that D3 was in the 10 best selling video games of all time either. That seems like some crazy money Blizzard made off it, in the past people claimed D3 sold so much because of D2 but if you did some research into it this wasn't really the case.

Again, this includes both the game and expansion as separate sales. So they sold 30 million things, but not 30 million games. Can you say the same about the other games on the list? Did they include sales of all their expansions as well?

"
TriniGamer wrote:

There is no evidence D3 sold because of D2
The evidence would be the difference in sales between D3 and RoS. 30 million total sold. Was it 15 million D3 and 15 million RoS? Was it a 20/10 split? Was it 25/5? 27/3? If people bought D3 because of D2, the number would be heavily skewed in favor of D3. If people bought RoS, 100% would be on the merits of D3 and 0% would be because of D2. So if it's a 25/5 split, you can be pretty damned sure a large portion of the 25 was buying it because of D2.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Well i bought D3 cuz of D2 but i still bought the expansion pack cuz well... i always do .

It's the hopefull gamer in my that crys out "i just want this to be good like it should be in my mind"
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
The forced auto matchmaking in D3 is complete shit. This was explained to you in detail in one of your other threads. How many threads about this topic do you need?
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Nothing else brings out the salt more than D3 haters being reminded they weren't the target audience for a reason.
"
Assfinder wrote:
Nothing else brings out the salt more than D3 haters being reminded they weren't the target audience for a reason.
It's pretty rare I think that a sequel changes it's target audience from the previous release. Guess that's what happens when decades pass between releases.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on May 13, 2016, 8:15:40 PM
Don't feed the troll.
"
Khoranth wrote:
"
TriniGamer wrote:
If you notice Black Ops 2 was the best selling FPS of all time and until GTA 5 broke its record Black OPS 2 was the most profitable game in history of video games.

This was despite the fact that BO2 was the same exact game as BO1 and MW2 all of which happen to be the same exact game as COD 4

Even the latest Black Ops 3 is just COD 4 with a new coat of paint. Yet it continues to sell like this, Activision has a history of making obscene amounts of money on these arcade games.

D3 was just like that even though it was an ARPG it was an Arcade all ages ARPG designed for Chinese Botters from the get go. And even when they lost the RMAH they still made a killing from ROS because the game is very Arcade just like COD is Arcade.

There is no evidence D3 sold because of D2 given the fact that all advertisements and developer diary showed that D3 was NOTHING like D2 and was all about RMAH and Arcade.

D3 is trash, D2 is the gold standard of ARPG's. Not only does D3 owe it's success to D2 and blizzard north, but so do all blizzard games. Without blizzard north and D2, all blizzard games that followed would have flopped.

do you just copy pasta the same line over n over again?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Its correct in the same way a BigMac from MacDonalds is the greatest food of all time.

PoE is the Tofu of ARPGs. Seems like a good idea, until you eat too much of it and realize its kinda bland

its the greatest arpg ever made, by such a long way that nothing is even comparable. So... its bland, ok, thats your opinion on it, I guess you dont rly like arpgs that much. Would I be wrong to guess that you have spent more hours in PoE than any other arpg?

Yes, you would be. I played ALOT more d2 before I got bored. Yet PoE is better than D2, kinda. I try not to get into greatest ever made debates, everyone's got an opinion and justifying it is pretty stupid. ( E: especially on the internet.)
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on May 13, 2016, 8:31:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info