Forbes Claim that D3 is the Greatest ARPG ever made

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/03/10/hey-blizzard-wheres-our-next-diablo-3-expansion/#ea4529f64f4a

I am confused, how exactly is D3 the greatest ARPG ever made?

Sure it has many things way better than POE like the Left 4 Dead type Online Party system, an actual mini map so you don't have to cluster up your entire screen by pressing tab and having to deal with an annoying 16 bit map on the entire screen when a mini map would have sufficed. But at its core D3 is a very broken and cannot hold a candle to POE where build mechanics are concerned.

So I am unsure how a game with a broken core gameplay is better than POE just because the online is better.

Does online aspect of a game hold THAT weight these days? I know single player games isn't anywhere near as popular as multi player anymore but surely a better online match making cannot make D3 greater than POE given how broken the builds and gameplay is.

Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on May 13, 2016, 3:16:45 PM
Last bumped on May 14, 2016, 8:45:24 PM
yawn
I r8 this b8 thread an 8/8 m8. I predict at least 10 thread pages.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Forbes is a respectable website last I checked. Though I don't agree with the author of that article it just proves here how the circle jerks don't even read a original post and come crying troll and bait etc etc

If you bothered to actually read my post you would have seen where I mentioned that D3 is broken and POE is superior where gameplay mechanics are concerned.

The only thing D3 has better is Online and Graphics the latter which don't make games great as Gameplay > Graphics.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on May 13, 2016, 3:28:57 PM
You need to change the title from 'Forbes claim' to 'Paul Tassi claims'. The author doesn't represent anyone's opinion other than his own.
Yeah, one guy's opinion. He lumped the sales of RoS in with D3 as seems to be a common occurance. It should be D3 plus RoS sold 30 million copies. For all we know, it could just be 15 million people who bought both.

I wanted to call him out on it in the comments but the page kept reloading because of all the extra crap on the page. I'm not even sure I got to read all of it because every time I scrolled down it reloaded the page.

If they really wanted to prove it's as successful as they say, they'd release only the number of RoS sales. Then the sales would be a true representation of how many people liked the game.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on May 13, 2016, 3:57:07 PM
I clicked on the link and nothing showed up. Where this article you're speaking of?
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Forbes is about $$$. In their terms D3 is absolutely the "best" ever made. Broke all the records. Context duder:

"
During that time, Diablo 3 has gone from a disastrously launched disappointment to possibly the best ARPG ever made, and it has the sales numbers to match. As I’ve pointed out previously, many may not understand just how successful Diablo 3 really has been, but it’s still #10 in Wikipedia’s list of best-selling games of all time, with 30 million copies sold. And those are year-old numbers, so it may even be higher on the list now. That’s an incredibly statistic.

He's not wrong.

E: his editor sucks though
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on May 13, 2016, 4:26:34 PM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
Forbes is a respectable website last I checked.

Was. It's now a blogging platform with no standards in regards to content. The opinion given is as much a Forbes opinion as someone posting on Tumblr is a Tumblr opinion, or posting on Google+ is a Google opinion. You can expect similar levels of expertise and research across these as well.
Last edited by Nuro on May 13, 2016, 4:28:57 PM
"
Nuro wrote:
"
TriniGamer wrote:
Forbes is a respectable website last I checked.

Was. It's now a blogging platform with no standards in regards to content. The opinion given is as much a Forbes opinion as someone posting on Tumblr is a Tumblr opinion, or posting on Google+ is a Google opinion. You can expect similar levels of expertise and research across these as well.

And it actually states on the srticle

''Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.''

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info