Forbes Claim that D3 is the Greatest ARPG ever made

"
Xavderion wrote:
I r8 this b8 thread an 8/8 m8. I predict at least 10 thread pages.
Halfway there!
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
TriniGamer wrote:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/03/10/hey-blizzard-wheres-our-next-diablo-3-expansion/#ea4529f64f4a

I am confused, how exactly is D3 the greatest ARPG ever made?

Sure it has many things way better than POE like the Left 4 Dead type Online Party system, an actual mini map so you don't have to cluster up your entire screen by pressing tab and having to deal with an annoying 16 bit map on the entire screen when a mini map would have sufficed. But at its core D3 is a very broken and cannot hold a candle to POE where build mechanics are concerned.

So I am unsure how a game with a broken core gameplay is better than POE just because the online is better.

Does online aspect of a game hold THAT weight these days? I know single player games isn't anywhere near as popular as multi player anymore but surely a better online match making cannot make D3 greater than POE given how broken the builds and gameplay is.

If the author of this thinks that D3 is the greatest arpg ever made , that's his opinion .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
tryhardgg wrote:

If the author of this thinks that D3 is the greatest arpg ever made , that's his opinion .

I agree, this is the same thing as how most people in PoE thinks PoE is the first ARPG humans have ever made.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
yawn

I second that. Forbes is a business magazine so it really has no right to be making that claim about Diablo III. Just proves that they don't play arpgs. Yawn... (12:47 am as I type this).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
6 pages already... wow

do you guys ever learn?
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
is this bmbi? The bait is just too proficient. And the economy of effort going into these giant crappy threads..
I'm not certain D3 qualifies as a true ARPG, the ''rpg'' part is almost missing, it's arcade action with very little character development. Kanai cube improved things a bit but still it's severely lacking in depth.

A logical question would be. If D3 is the ''greatest ARPG ever made'' etc, then why do sooo many think it is bad, mediocre at best? Why are games like POE, Grim Dawn even alive today and doing well?

The answer is simple, if D3 would have been a great successor to Diablo 2, the ultimate killer ARPG many were hoping for. Improving the whole genre like Blizzard was known for until that point, a game like POE would never had been this successful today. The failure of D3 is proven by the success/popularity of other similar competing games. Blizzard is aware of this fact, so aware they decided to put Diablo 3(Their newest ''real'' game) in a small and hard to find corner at Blizzcon event last year, shamefully aware.

I don't say this lightly because i'm still mourning the fact that i have not yet played a game in this genre that i find to be more complete than the 16 years old Diablo 2, the game that would had fully satisfied all my ARPG cravings.

Tl;dr, D3 is the Greatest disappointment in the ARPG history of games, it's playable and even refreshing to play once in a while, but the ''Greatest ARPG ever made'' is a ridiculous statement, it's insulting to any quality seeking gamer.
Last edited by wierdzodi on May 14, 2016, 4:37:18 AM
"
wierdzodi wrote:
I'm not certain D3 qualifies as a true ARPG, the ''rpg'' part is almost missing, it's arcade action with very little character development. Kanai cube improved things a bit but still it's severely lacking in depth.

A logical question would be. If D3 is the ''greatest ARPG ever made'' etc, then why do sooo many think it is bad, mediocre at best? Why are games like POE, Grim Dawn even alive today and doing well?

The answer is simple, if D3 would have been a great successor to Diablo 2, the ultimate killer ARPG many were hoping for. Improving the whole genre like Blizzard was known for until that point, a game like POE would never had been this successful today. The failure of D3 is proven by the success/popularity of other similar competing games. Blizzard is aware of this fact, so aware they decided to put Diablo 3(Their newest ''real'' game) in a small and hard to find corner at Blizzcon event last year, shamefully aware.

I don't say this lightly because i'm still mourning the fact that i have not yet played a game in this genre that i find to be more complete than the 16 years old Diablo 2, the game that would had fully satisfied all my ARPG cravings.

Tl;dr, D3 is the Greatest disappointment in the ARPG history of games, it's playable and even refreshing to play once in a while, but the ''Greatest ARPG ever made'' is a ridiculous statement, it's insulting to any quality seeking gamer.

In gaming, RPG usually just means you pick a class and you stay with the class and can do certain things while couldn't do the others. Eg Widzard shoots fireballs but doesn't dual wield 2x The Grandfathers... Archer shoots arrows and couldn't wear plates.

If anything Diablo 3 is far more RPG than PoE, because PoE has no set role initially regardless of class you start with. PoE got quite a bit more "RPG" in it now with ascendancy.
D3's action is superior imo but the itemization is an insult to the whole ARPG genre.
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:

D3 is trash, D2 is the gold standard of ARPG's. Not only does D3 owe it's success to D2 and blizzard north, but so do all blizzard games. Without blizzard north and D2, all blizzard games that followed would have flopped.

do you just copy pasta the same line over n over again?

Yes, this is a D3 promotional thread by the D3 schill. He makes a new D3 promotional thread every other day.

If I ate a five guys burger and then shit it onto a bun, it would still be better than a mcdonalds burger. That is what D3 is compared to D2 and POE.

If GGG shit all over POE, it would still be a better game than D3. IF blizzard north shit into a D2 game box and sold it to me, it would still be better than D3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info